Help! Can't seperate Ringer and Notifications volumes

Search This thread

jcp2

Under settings / sound / volumes. I have "use ringer volume for notifications" un-checked, but whenever I make a change to either one, they both change. It's really annoying as I don't want to be woken up at night just because someone texted or emailed me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Just to add... I can move the sliders independently, but as soon as I tap "done" and use the volume button to change volumes or go back into settings the ringer and notification sliders are matched up again. I'm on stock ,s-off, unlocked.

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Why don't you just use the 'do not disturb' switch or set the profile to 'silent'?

jcp2

Why don't you just use the 'do not disturb' switch or set the profile to 'silent'?

because I still need the phone to ring during the night. Also during the day I keep the ringer volume at full, but having notifications at full vol gets annoying pretty quick. I just want to know if HTC has tied them together even tho that particular box is uncheked.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
because I still need the phone to ring during the night. Also during the day I keep the ringer volume at full, but having notifications at full vol gets annoying pretty quick. I just want to know if HTC has tied them together even tho that particular box is uncheked.

I don't know why it doesn't seperate the two, it works fine on my phone, but the Do not disturb isn't such a bad idea.

If you need it to ring during the night(For whatever reason, emergency?) why not add the numbers allowed to call you during the DnD period to the exception list, that way it'll ring through even if you have DnD on?