Tizen 2.3 Wearable flashable images (aka Samsung-less)

Search This thread

javispedro

Dec 6, 2008
Turns out there are Tizen 2.3 snapshot (ie not release) flashable images for the Gear 2 already:

http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/latest/images/WEARABLE/

I had been loking for those and couldn't find them, so I'm posting the link in case someone is interested. Note that obviously you lose virtually all the functionality compared to the stock images. This is just "raw tizen".

Don't try this at home because there are many gotchas:

I've tried these with Heimdall and they work; e.g.
Code:
heimdall flash --SYSTEM-DATA system-data.img --USER user.img --ROOTFS rootfs.img
Basically only /opt, /opt/usr, and / partitions are reflashed. Bootloader and kernel are not modified at all.
Presumably the .tar also works with Odin. However I don't know how to go back to stock firmware because the /opt and /opt/usr partitions are not shipped with the stock firmware. You need backup copies of the /opt and /opt/usr partitions in order to revert to stock. Supposedly recovery mode can recreate those partitions but your mileage may vary, so don't blame me if you lose them.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turns out there are Tizen 2.3 snapshot (ie not release) flashable images for the Gear 2 already:

http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/latest/images/WEARABLE/

I had been loking for those and couldn't find them, so I'm posting the link in case someone is interested. Note that obviously you lose virtually all the functionality compared to the stock images. This is just "raw tizen".

Don't try this at home because there are many gotchas:

I've tried these with Heimdall and they work; e.g.
    Code:
    heimdall flash --SYSTEM-DATA system-data.img --USER user.img --ROOTFS rootfs.img
    Basically only /opt, /opt/usr, and / partitions are reflashed. Bootloader and kernel are not modified at all.
    Presumably the .tar also works with Odin. However I don't know how to go back to stock firmware because the /opt and /opt/usr partitions are not shipped with the stock firmware. You need backup copies of the /opt and /opt/usr partitions in order to revert to stock. Supposedly recovery mode can recreate those partitions but your mileage may vary, so don't blame me if you lose them.