TF300 Screen Protectors

Search This thread

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
Have had the TF300 for about a week and just cannot stand the fingerprints and worries about scratches. I'm used to Gorilla Glass and this is driving me nuts. I've been researching screen protectors quite a bit and cannot seem to get a consensus on a certain brand. I know the selection for the TF300 right now is slim, but given what you've used on earlier devices, what is a good brand to go with?

I have it in a case (Caseen Designo), but would like an extra layer of protection.

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I've had good experiences with SGP's Steinheil screen protectors. I've used both the clear ones as well as the matte glare reduction/smudge resistant models and have been happy with both. The usual reduction in clarity is in the matte protector, but the cut was very precise and it lasted me a year before i took it off because i missed the crisp picture of the IPS panel, the protector was still pristine.

I just keep a microfiber and a small credit card style sprayer with 50/50 alcohol and water mix in the bag that i keep the tablet in, and its been alright so far, if you keep it in the dock most of the time you shouldn't have to worry about it being scratched unless you drop it or something, which i have yet to do since i also have a skinomi techskin on the back so its nice and grippy.

SGP doesn't make a protector for the TF300 yet, but i'd keep an eye on it, they make some solid products.

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
Nothing else will work with the TF300 unfortunately.

I've been researching like crazy and think I've narrowed it down to:

Zagg
Stenheil
XtremeGuard

Those seem to get the best reviews. I'm really looking for:

same feeling as naked screen
optimal clarity
mitigates fingerprints

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
If you've never felt a zagg's wet apply film before i suggest you find someone who's got something similar to it and try it first, i see one of the criteria is feel close to naked screen, zagg and other wet apply soft skins usually feel grippy when you first install it, and gradually over time will wear out and feel smoother. In general there are the wet apply films which feel a bit like vinyl except its clear, or the dry apply protectors which are harder pieces of plastic, those will feel closer but nothing will be quite like a naked screen.

szpaner6

Aug 5, 2007
Is there big difference on screen sensitive between glossy and matte screen protector? or just you see difference of screen quality...

Thanks

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
I almost wonder if I might just be better off with a naked screen. I have my TF300 in a Caseen leather case and am always very careful when it's in use. The only thing I'd like to mitigate is the fingerprints.

smarcisin

Apr 14, 2008
Wait for a ClearCoat screen protector....i have tried every other brand and there is NOTHING like them. Super thin, no spongey feeling or orange peel....

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
I bought the xtremeguard one on ebay for 8.99 It fits great. The one I got isn't anti-glare though. One thing that kind bothers me, since I have never used a screen protection before, is that my fingers don't glide as easily as in the glass, it shows a bit of resistance. But I guess I just got to get used to that. I have not seen a reduction in screen sensitivity as of yet, but my dagi stylus kinda sucks now with the screen protector T_T since its plastic on plastic the resistance is really bad.

aelunyu

Jan 3, 2011
I like my skinomi. it takes forever to apply since it's wet application and if you're OCD about bubbles/lint like me. But once you've got it on there perfect and wait for it to dry and clear up it's not bad at all +lifetime guarantee.

I've always liked wet applications over the adhesive/static stuff just because they last a long time, and I havent noticed the yellowing people have talked about on any of my devices, I agree about the stylus issue, though (jot pro)

rj7766

Aug 5, 2010
D.C. area
+1 for skinomi...

I used to swear by Zagg ...
Skinomi has only a slight orange peel effect and is generally smother except I agree it is still a nogo for the Jot pro as it doesn't let the plastic disk glide

after a while the Zagg invisible skins would start to keep my finger from sliding properly...
Skinomi skins do not have this issue and they dont show finger smudges very much

I want to try the Zagg HD skins as they are supposed to be glass smooth but they seem to only be out for iProducts and the kindle fire..... :(

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
+1 for skinomi...

I used to swear by Zagg ...
Skinomi has only a slight orange peel effect and is generally smother except I agree it is still a nogo for the Jot pro as it doesn't let the plastic disk glide

after a while the Zagg invisible skins would start to keep my finger from sliding properly...
Skinomi skins do not have this issue and they dont show finger smudges very much

I want to try the Zagg HD skins as they are supposed to be glass smooth but they seem to only be out for iProducts and the kindle fire..... :(

It would be cool if the Zagg HD worked with plastic disk styluses

jblah

Jul 9, 2011
Washington DC
I like my skinomi. it takes forever to apply since it's wet application and if you're OCD about bubbles/lint like me. But once you've got it on there perfect and wait for it to dry and clear up it's not bad at all +lifetime guarantee.

I've always liked wet applications over the adhesive/static stuff just because they last a long time, and I havent noticed the yellowing people have talked about on any of my devices, I agree about the stylus issue, though (jot pro)

the lifetime warrenty requires you to pay for shipping and handling by paying for the shipping and they also ask that you put your cc# on a paper and send it in. kinda risky there.

May 3, 2012
You may want to check camera and light sensor placement before you put a prime screen protector on. They may be the same but it never hurts to check

just got the bestskinsever protector for the prime and size is the same and cut out for camera is in the right spot. should be good to go on other protectors made for prime. :)

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
I bought the xtremeguard one on ebay for 8.99 It fits great. The one I got isn't anti-glare though. One thing that kind bothers me, since I have never used a screen protection before, is that my fingers don't glide as easily as in the glass, it shows a bit of resistance. But I guess I just got to get used to that. I have not seen a reduction in screen sensitivity as of yet, but my dagi stylus kinda sucks now with the screen protector T_T since its plastic on plastic the resistance is really bad.

This will pass eventually from wear, on my zune hd i used to have an invisible shield which is a similiar kind of wet apply soft protector, and eventually the center part wore down enough to where it was like a hard plastic protector.

You bring up a good point though that i forgot to mention, i've used matte hard protectors, clear hard protectors, and soft wet apply films and my adonit jot still works best on a naked screen, though the matte hard protector had more of a paper resistance to it and the clear and naked both were much smoother.

Szpaner: the touchscreen sensitivity for me was largely the same between a clear hard protector and matte hard protector, i wasn't able to glide as well with the wet apply film so i wasn't able to gauge properly how sensitive it was compared to the other two.

mfratella: a light coat of rain-x on the naked screen helps make it much easier to wipe clean, i can breathe on it once or twice and the condensation is good enough to clear the whole screen. Even with the matte hard protectors which are supposed to be designed to be anti-fingerprint, they will still show up eventually from the oils in your finger, those spots will end up being a little more transparent so you'd have to wipe anyway, though in my experience the matte ones are the easiest to wipe, i used to just use my sleeve and give it a once over and it was all clean.

Reactions: Reilly1812

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
Is there big difference on screen sensitive between glossy and matte screen protector? or just you see difference of screen quality...

Thanks

When I've used a matte screen protector, I didn't notice any difference in screen sensitivity. The biggest difference is in the clarity of the screen. On a phone, I can deal with the graininess that a matte screen protector brings with it. But on a tablet with a large screen, something that I'm going to use for long periods of reading, it's far too distracting for me. Personally, I'd rather work around glare now and then along with wiping off finger prints in exchange for a clearer screen.

lagros

May 9, 2012
Screen protectors compatible with dock?

The Armorsuit people replayed on an email I sent them asking if their screen protector was compatible with the keyboard for the TF300.. it appears it is not. They answered me just to be careful... so I was planing on cuting it. these screen protector is actually pretty good, and I think that I wont even notice the protector end-line at the bottom of the screen after a while. Do you know if cutting it actually works?

travishamockery

Nov 18, 2006
I just installed the Skinomi on mine. Took about 5 minutes and it's perfect. Just gotta makes sure you soak the hell out of the screen (you won't damage it) and both sides of the protector plus your hands so that you don't leave finger prints on the adheasive. If you have enough of the solution on everything it should kinda float on the surface of the tablet. You can just very easily slide it around until it is center and then start pushing the water out to make it stick. I didn't have one bubble on mine when completed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ordered these here from Amazon. The first seller I ordered from kept delaying the shipping even though it said it was in stock. So I canceled it and ordered the same one from another seller. Ill update this when I get it.

Got my screen protectors today. Ill update this post when I have one installed.

Update: I received and installed my new Acase brand screen protector today. Heres my amazon review if anyones interested.

Heres a couple pics. Really love these. You can actually peel these up and remove dust, etc from underneath and it will reseal no problem. I have a method now of getting dust, etc out that works very well.
    Nothing else will work with the TF300 unfortunately.

I've been researching like crazy and think I've narrowed it down to:

Zagg
    Stenheil
    XtremeGuard

Those seem to get the best reviews. I'm really looking for:

same feeling as naked screen
    optimal clarity
    mitigates fingerprints

This will pass eventually from wear, on my zune hd i used to have an invisible shield which is a similiar kind of wet apply soft protector, and eventually the center part wore down enough to where it was like a hard plastic protector.

You bring up a good point though that i forgot to mention, i've used matte hard protectors, clear hard protectors, and soft wet apply films and my adonit jot still works best on a naked screen, though the matte hard protector had more of a paper resistance to it and the clear and naked both were much smoother.

Szpaner: the touchscreen sensitivity for me was largely the same between a clear hard protector and matte hard protector, i wasn't able to glide as well with the wet apply film so i wasn't able to gauge properly how sensitive it was compared to the other two.

mfratella: a light coat of rain-x on the naked screen helps make it much easier to wipe clean, i can breathe on it once or twice and the condensation is good enough to clear the whole screen. Even with the matte hard protectors which are supposed to be designed to be anti-fingerprint, they will still show up eventually from the oils in your finger, those spots will end up being a little more transparent so you'd have to wipe anyway, though in my experience the matte ones are the easiest to wipe, i used to just use my sleeve and give it a once over and it was all clean.
    Did we ever get a consensus on what the best screen protector is?

One they haven't made yet. You'll never get consensus... it's like asking what the best case is.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    I have the same question. It seems that I read about this on another forum. I use the dock a lot and have not put a protector on yet because I heard there are very few that actually work with the dock and a very thin type is needed. Any info. from any one would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get this thing protected!

Im still using my armor suit with the dock just being very gentle when docking and undocking it.. Only thing is that the padding on the dock connector made a mark on the screen protector but def not on the screen itself due to the fact its a very light mark on a thick protector.