[REQUEST] Facebook for HTC Sense

Search This thread

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
As many people are starting to realize that HTC using the Facebook App for syncing purposes is not working out very well. Is there any way to bake in the old style Facebook for HTC sense for updating status and contacts?

I have my Facebook app set up to sync every hour and the last sync was done at 5am and now 4 1/2 hours later it still shows the last update done at 5am....

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mine is working fine on his latest. Dunno what to say guys, sorry. Getting the old version from Sense 3.0 is probably never going to happen. Different Android versions, way different Sense versions... These two things make it nearly impossible, or hard enough that a dev would rather spend that amount of time working on their rom, not pictures syncing. Usually, different Sense/Android versions don't play well when you mix them together; the components don't even recognize each other. Sense only likes what ships in it, not previous or newer components. Did that make any sense?

Tapatalked from my shiny new HTC Evo LTE

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Well as of right now my last sync was still 6am....I am on Viper so maybe that is the issue. I will go back to a stock Rom tonight and see how that goes.. If I remember correctly I didn't notice this as a problem until I started flashing Roms

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
it doesn't even show ppl facebook statuses when contacts call like it used to, i miss facebook for htc sense

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Yeah.... I'm going back to stock and try it out still hasn't synced since 6am but everything else is syncing just fine.

Reactions: Riff76

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Well after running stock for a few hours this POS is still not updating..suppose to sync every hour and it hasnt updated since the 1st update at 7pm...i dont know what to do from here.

youngstatus

Jan 2, 2008
as many people are starting to realize that htc using the facebook app for syncing purposes is not working out very well. Is there any way to bake in the old style facebook for htc sense for updating status and contacts?

I have my facebook app set up to sync every hour and the last sync was done at 5am and now 4 1/2 hours later it still shows the last update done at 5am....

Sent from my evo using xda premium

must have fb for htc senes :(

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
6AM again...Its not the rom..Stock is doing the same thing as Elite...No matter how soon you have the Facebook app set to sync it does not trigger the main sync of the phone...can anyone else confirm 6am was their last auto sync?

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I'm wondering if this is intentional. Update every 24 hours? I guess I can live with it but it just doesn't seem right. Shouldn't we be able to choose?

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
It should sync based on the interval we choose or else why let us specify?

But really we can't specify.. I know the Facebook app let's us set a sync time but I don't think that goes hand and hand with the built in syncing the phone does.. Otherwise we should have an option to change the intervals at settings>accounts& sync>Facebook

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YES....this^^^!!!! I used to think Facebook for HTC SENSE was useless..now I'm missing it everyday
    When I was on Stock De-Odexed Facebook seemed to sync contacts and Friendstream just fine. On eLiTE it has issues. I don't know why this is the case since they both have the same base.
    Yeah.... I'm going back to stock and try it out still hasn't synced since 6am but everything else is syncing just fine.

Yes 6am was my last auto sync. However I have not lost the Facebook contact pictures like I was getting on eLiTE.