[Q] [ assistance required ] lets wake up this ONE S!

Search This thread

Saiyaru

Jan 10, 2013
saiyaru.com
Hello, my HTC ONE S is soft bricked, its stuck now at boot loop. I have done many many tutorials, many custom tools tryed, no luck. I don't know what else to do.. The only hope is you guys, could please someone would supervise me on step by step instructions on what to do?
I would try to respond in details as fast as i can about the situation and wait for later instructions.

S4 class device
CID O2___001
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.12.50.05.05
OpenDSP-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
TWRP v2.6.3.0

Last installed rom: cm-10-2.0.-ville.zip When device boots in to a rom, after HTC logo boot-loop appears, and all over again.

Booting in to HBOOT Works, booting in to a Recovery also works.
SDK platform-tools installed, USB ADB drivers installed.
FASTBOOT commands works,
ADB commands - does not, adb device not found because rom wont boot.
Adb sideload works.

what i should do?

Last edited:

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Did you flash kernel when installing the rom?

Sent from my HTC One S

Last edited:

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
You have to flash it separately since you are s-on. There should be a boot.img in the rom's zip, extract it and flash via fastboot

Sent from my HTC One S

Reactions: Saiyaru

Saiyaru

Jan 10, 2013
saiyaru.com
You have to flash it separately since you are s-on. There should be a boot.img in the rom's zip, extract it and flash via fastboot

Sent from my HTC One S

OMG, it just booted in to a CyanogenMOD!! but how lol , i mean, i could swear i had done this before and no luck. lol but i did it now anyway exact what u said anyways, and it works!! lol this phone was unused for a month and a half just because i tough i did everything lol thank you!

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
Good to know I could help. :D
By the way you said that you installed cm-10, and strongly recommend you to try cm-11. I think it's far more stable right now.

Anyway have fun ;)

Sent from my HTC One S

Saiyaru

Jan 10, 2013
saiyaru.com
Good to know I could help. :D
By the way you said that you installed cm-10, and strongly recommend you to try cm-11. I think it's far more stable right now.

Anyway have fun ;)

Sent from my HTC One S
oh yes yes, i only used cm10 as a base rom, something clean to wake this phone up :) now what i will do is supercid, s-off and then go for something like maximus hd :)

ka_55

Dec 11, 2013
Ankara
It can be tough to supercid for you. Hboot 2.15 is a little problematic cause it has write protection. I hope you can do it. You shouldn't forget to enable root access to adb from developer options or you won't be able to use adb.

gab1one

Jan 27, 2013
S-OFF

oh yes yes, i only used cm10 as a base rom, something clean to wake this phone up :) now what i will do is supercid, s-off and then go for something like maximus hd :)

If you use rummrunner.us to S-OFF you wont need supercid.
I used it and it worked fine. You might need to experiment with the ROM.
Some aren't compatible, but you will only use it for the S-OFF.

Hope this helps you :good:

Saiyaru

Jan 10, 2013
saiyaru.com
It can be tough to supercid for you. Hboot 2.15 is a little problematic cause it has write protection. I hope you can do it. You shouldn't forget to enable root access to adb from developer options or you won't be able to use adb.

Lol i did it! its now SUPERCID and S-OFF with Hboot 2.15 :D

it was not easy... i did first supercid with hex editing trick, was hard to pull the special file, but i did some actions with manual pulling by recovery and build in file manager, but i managed to change and push back in with adb shell su.

the s-off part was the hardest. i tryed first rumrunner 0.5.0, dint worked, then moonshine 3.16 - dint worked, got error pretty quick, then i did soffbin3 method - no luck, but it might did some shanges in system anyways. Then, i did revone method by chmoding and sending revone commands with adb shell su. it did something but failed, but i told myself - hey, its still s-on, but maybe now i did some changes to the system anyways and now rumrunner will do is job more easily, well, here is what happened: i actually laughed my ass off reading this lol

stf5.jpg

it took long time, BUT IT DID THE JOB! XD

finally i can install pretty much anything i want :victory:

oh by the way: a little tip: if anybody would get trouble to install HTC ADB drivers with error (as windows cant find the patch specified), i installed samsung drivers instead by force (from galaxy s3 adb) cause i dint find any solution to solve htc driver issue.., but samsung adb drivers works perfectly with HTC!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my HTC One S

Sent from my HTC One S

This should fix your problem, good luck!

Sent from my One S
    S-OFF

If you use rummrunner.us to S-OFF you wont need supercid.
    I used it and it worked fine. You might need to experiment with the ROM.
    Some aren't compatible, but you will only use it for the S-OFF.

Hope this helps you :good: