CF AutoRoot

Search This thread

DionWhite33

Aug 5, 2014
Kannapolis, NC
SamMobile gave me an XAR file and it didnt work. ..I found one online lastnight. Will try today after work. Thank you...

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Ive also read that you need to Odin 3.09 ..not 3.07. Just for the record when I got mine last week I rroted and it got stuck in the firmware page and I went to Kies and did an update of firmware. That worked. Now I was stick again then used Cf auto 3.07 and it worked that time? I flashed HypeeDrive Rom and it crashed constantly. I use Hyper on my Note 3 Note 10.1 and Note Edge phone..So I though the Note 12.2 was bad because it was a Refurb. I checked my warranty and have 2 weeks to return. So I went to flash Stock and my backup was lost off my SdCard! Great right! So i went to SamMobile and they gave me an XAR that took all night to download and I flashed it and went into pixels lined up smashed together. ..this was BAD! I I flashed the original CfAuto I had used to Root and it DID NOT work now! It kept giving me the Firmware page. So I found on XDA a tar and flashed and it got me back to HyperDrive. ..So I just stayed with that. I did reinstall from stratch and its working alot better...I had one random boot in 2 days. This one has been alot harder than any other ones Ive done. Also Ive rooted for 2 years and only unrooted twice. Ive flashed dozens of Roms. Also got out of many sticky situtation .. BUT Im truly scared to try to flash stock and unroot because I have a feeling Im going to get the Firmware Imstuck page like always...

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Previously I said SamMobile gave me a XAR not a TAR ..I found the Tar..the numbers and size match. The only difference is instead of XAR at the end its says TAR...I hope this one is right

jluva420

Jul 15, 2013
I just got this in the mail should I just update to nk1 through the tablet update process then cf root this thing. If so which recovery do you suggest after I get the root done. I don't care about knox much id just buy something else if I destroy it. Have not met a phone or tab I could not bring back. Im no pro here just willing to put in the crackflashing hours required to bring my SH*# back to life.
(no rush im off to Disney for a week but next Tuesday im getting my crackflash fix going on this.......
Any pm links and suggested order I should go in doing this is appreciated. I don't want to end up with the flashing issues people post about.
J

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Reinstall the drivers in kies. Got my tab yesterday, got root and custom recovery. Used Odin3.09 AP slot
My last post was to you since you got this thing going so easily.....

lanimul

Nov 2, 2012
Salt Lake City
I just got this in the mail should I just update to nk1 through the tablet update process then cf root this thing. If so which recovery do you suggest after I get the root done. I don't care about knox much id just buy something else if I destroy it. Have not met a phone or tab I could not bring back. Im no pro here just willing to put in the crackflashing hours required to bring my SH*# back to life.
(no rush im off to Disney for a week but next Tuesday im getting my crackflash fix going on this.......
Any pm links and suggested order I should go in doing this is appreciated. I don't want to end up with the flashing issues people post about.
J

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My last post was to you since you got this thing going so easily.....
See PM

Reactions: jluva420

Nick_7

Jun 27, 2014
I made it, but it does not seem to be a complete root because many apps does not obtain full access, some other even say that I don't have root... why?

DionWhite33

Aug 5, 2014
Kannapolis, NC
I'm with this guy. I didn't think I need root and updated. Now I remember that I hate adds

Root with Kk 4.4.2 then go get Civato's Rom for 5.0.2 On his Rom page is the bootloader for Lollipop... flash that then the Rom...it is closr to stock but isnased on Tab S and has Xposed, Busybox, SU preinstalled! And a few other tweaks that are pretty sweet

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Root with Kk 4.4.2 then go get Civato's Rom for 5.0.2 On his Rom page is the bootloader for Lollipop... flash that then the Rom...it is closr to stock but isnased on Tab S and has Xposed, Busybox, SU, and ADAWAY preinstalled! And a few other tweaks that are pretty sweet... don't forget to install Blackmart Alpha for apps, Showbox for movies and Lucker Patcher just because you can!

bloodylipp

Apr 5, 2011
Little Rock
Root with Kk 4.4.2 then go get Civato's Rom for 5.0.2 On his Rom page is the bootloader for Lollipop... flash that then the Rom...it is closr to stock but isnased on Tab S and has Xposed, Busybox, SU preinstalled! And a few other tweaks that are pretty sweet

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Root with Kk 4.4.2 then go get Civato's Rom for 5.0.2 On his Rom page is the bootloader for Lollipop... flash that then the Rom...it is closr to stock but isnased on Tab S and has Xposed, Busybox, SU, and ADAWAY preinstalled! And a few other tweaks that are pretty sweet... don't forget to install Blackmart Alpha for apps, Showbox for movies and Lucker Patcher just because you can!

I don't think that Rom works with the att version

gamma_ray152

Dec 21, 2013
WiFi stopped working

So, after battling with the cursed stuck at cache.img issue and finally finding the solution I finally managed to root my device, but a major bug appeared - I wifi is completely dead, stuck on "Turning on" Anyone has any experience with this issue? (SM-P900 wifi only model)

EDIT:
Reflashing the Recoveryimage didnt work :S WiFI is still dead. issue probably lies in the cache? how do i revert it?

Last edited:

Maralohatvl

Jan 26, 2016
Did not work

this procedure did not work on my note 12.2. So upsetting. Did the odin install on computer then went through the procedure and it failed. Cant remove bloatware from AT & T. THis is frustrating.

pcuser32

Dec 29, 2007
So does this process work for the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P907A android version 5.1.1?
if not please consider this post as a formal plea to ROOT the SM-P907A
regardless of weather or not this process trips knox.. don't care any more
you can find the lastest update rom zip file on this site
P907AUCU1BOH3P907AATT1BOH3P907AUCU1BOH3.zip
I can not attach it because I do not have enough posts yet

TIA

Xda64droid

Apr 5, 2016
So does this process work for the Galaxy Note Pro SM-P907A android version 5.1.1?
if not please consider this post as a formal plea to ROOT the SM-P907A
regardless of weather or not this process trips knox.. don't care any more
you can find the lastest update rom zip file on this site
P907AUCU1BOH3P907AATT1BOH3P907AUCU1BOH3.zip
I can not attach it because I do not have enough posts yet

TIA
Been tracking this thread for months now I think this thread is dead!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50498424&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
    1. download the zip file and unzip it
    2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
    3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
    4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start
    Some tips

Firstly, the root works terrifically, which is obvious to anyone who's tried it.
    Some suggestions when you're de-bloating, do not remove Samsung ScreenSaver. Despite the name, it is not a screensaver. It is the service connected to making the power button turn the screen off. Because of this, I had to re-stock the tablet. Finding the real rom for it is stupidly hard, and is only on slow share sites. Below is the link to my server, which I will leave available for as long as needed. I used the same ODIN 3.07 that is included with CF_Auto to reflash stock. Hopefully no one else has this issue.

Applies to SM-P900 Wifi only.

joevwgti.dyndns.org/P900UEU1ANAE.zip
    working CF-auto-root for SM-P900 XAR

This auto-root worked for me, unlike the one currently available on chainfire's website.
    This is the one I downloaded there in April. See the last few comments above this for details.

Use at your own risk though, I won't accept any responsibility if it bricks yours.

When uploading here, I see that XDaA says the filesize is 14.81 MB while on my MAC it's shown as 15.5 MB.

So to be excessively clear, check these after downloading:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 mathias staff 15533266 Apr 23 2014 CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

MD5 (CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip) = 6c5f2ba108f5e1b02f4c1e471af958ba
    rooting my sm-p900

Want to share with you guys my experience of rooting sm-p900 wifi after rounds of failure in stucking at cache.img:

1. download CF-Auto-Root for sm-p900 wifi from:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/384/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip

2. Unzip using 7z.

3. Remove .md5 extension of the file CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5

4. Extract recovery.img from CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar using 7z

5. download this tool:- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281287
    [link revised per advice from #180]

6. convert the recovery.img in 4. to tar.md5 format using the tool from 5.
    [ modify the converter code (just a batch file you can edit in Notepad - simple copy-paste) as per post #41 in the thread also per #180 advice]

7. flash recovery.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

8. flash CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 by Odin3-v3.07

And walla! my sm-p900 wifi is rooted