X-PROTECTIONS Nexus 5 Premium Tempered Glass - Lowest price - Review Updated

Search This thread

Onismurai

Mar 29, 2011
Los Angeles
http://www.xprotections.com/products/Google_Nexus_5_Screen_Protector_Premium_Tempered_Glass.htm
$3.15 + $4 shipping = $7.15. Still the lowest price for tempered glass I've ever seen. They also have for another model like Samsung S5 or iPhone 5S.
No review yet. Pretty much new company. From China of course. (not surpised when it come to this price). Look around and OMG, price start at $2. I know this may be crap but seriously, this is so cheap, dirt cheap.

Some infos I found from this company:
http://www.gcoupon.com/view/companies/248074/Xprotections.html

From Mar 2014.

Short review:

The package was fine. The glass have oleophobic coating for sure. This glass fit very well in my screen without any bubble, not like a Nillkin. Just remove my Nillkin and apply without any issues. For someone who said the nexus 5 screen is a hole's problem, not the Nillkin glass, I am highly doubt it. In fact, I may got a lemon with this Nillkin. Anyway, the screen is perfect fit and so smooth. I am so satisfied.

The quality is solid. Below is a picture of this glass's thickness. I cannot say much about it's quality now as I just received it today, will update the review after few weeks using. But first impression was good and nothing to complain

It came with cleaning kit like other tempered glass.

The shipping speed was fast. It's China Post Air Mail but only 9 days (include weekend).
I can say with this price range this thing is amazing value. Highly recommend.

Here are some picture when I open the package. Sorry I don't have a camera to make a vid when apply it, but this thing is pretty similar like Nillkin glass. I will get more photo when I borrow one from my bro.

IMG_20140508_203340.jpg

IMG_20140508_203406.jpg

IMG_20140508_203427.jpg

IMG_20140508_203434.jpg

Last edited:

Geo2160

Jan 2, 2012
If you had posted this yesterday, I would have totally tried it, but I just ordered a Nillkin :(. I may regret the decision soon.

Reactions: xprotections

Onismurai

Mar 29, 2011
Los Angeles
If you had posted this yesterday, I would have totally tried it, but I just ordered a Nillkin :(. I may regret the decision soon.

I got a Nillkin too, but after about 10 times applied and re-applied my screen still had a big hole in the bottom (not affect the screen view), which is so annoying for me so I got this to replace. If this sucks I lost 7 bucks and apply the Nillkin back. After all it's just 7 bucks. I suggest you guys get this as a backup. Well, Nillkin was originally China product but it's proved to be good brand until now. With this unbeatable price this one may worth a try.

And btw, Paypal accepted.

Last edited:

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
I got a Nillkin too, but after about 10 times applied and re-applied my screen still had a big hole in the bottom (not affect the screen view), which is so annoying for me so I got this to replace. If this sucks I lost 7 bucks and apply the Nillkin back. After all it's just 7 bucks. I suggest you guys get this as a backup. Well, Nillkin was originally China product but it's proved to be good brand until now. With this unbeatable price this one may worth a try.

You do know that the bubble at the bottom of the screen is because the Nexus 5 screen is not 100% flat right? It is not because of the Nillkin screen protector. It happens with all of the tempered glass screen protectors. You just need to really rub it out hard or use a small clamp with soft cloth between the clamp and screen.

Just do a search here and you'll see pretty much everyone having this problem regardless of which screen protector they are using.

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Usually these cheap screen protectors come without any oleophobic coating on it which makes the screen/glass very tough to glide your finger over.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dehsA

Oct 31, 2012
Bangkok
There are plenty of sub-$5 glass screen protectors on eBay. Don't think you can go wrong with any. Although some have three cutouts instead of two...

icy56

Feb 26, 2011
Nashville
I actually have ordered screen protectors from this website for my cousins' iphone 5s and galaxy s5 and they say that the glass seems to be holding up pretty well. I actually plan on ordering one as well just to replace my nillikin just in case it breaks. How are the edges? Are the rounded just like the nillikin? Just wondering because that's the only way for me to get my case to fit properly.

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
You do know that the bubble at the bottom of the screen is because the Nexus 5 screen is not 100% flat right? It is not because of the Nillkin screen protector. It happens with all of the tempered glass screen protectors. You just need to really rub it out hard or use a small clamp with soft cloth between the clamp and screen.

Just do a search here and you'll see pretty much everyone having this problem regardless of which screen protector they are using.
Agree to this it is not an issue with the protector but rather the nexus screen itself as the tempered glass does not stick at the bottom we need to press to apply it properly whereas in some nexus it just fit smooth

How is X-PROTECTIONS holding up after 5 months?

Are you still using X-PROTECTIONS Google Nexus 5 Screen Protector Premium Tempered Glass? If yes, how is it holding up? Please kindly offer update after five months of usage, thank you! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.xprotections.com/products/Google_Nexus_5_Screen_Protector_Premium_Tempered_Glass.htm
    $3.15 + $4 shipping = $7.15. Still the lowest price for tempered glass I've ever seen. They also have for another model like Samsung S5 or iPhone 5S.
    No review yet. Pretty much new company. From China of course. (not surpised when it come to this price). Look around and OMG, price start at $2. I know this may be crap but seriously, this is so cheap, dirt cheap.

Some infos I found from this company:
    http://www.gcoupon.com/view/companies/248074/Xprotections.html

From Mar 2014.

Short review:

The package was fine. The glass have oleophobic coating for sure. This glass fit very well in my screen without any bubble, not like a Nillkin. Just remove my Nillkin and apply without any issues. For someone who said the nexus 5 screen is a hole's problem, not the Nillkin glass, I am highly doubt it. In fact, I may got a lemon with this Nillkin. Anyway, the screen is perfect fit and so smooth. I am so satisfied.

The quality is solid. Below is a picture of this glass's thickness. I cannot say much about it's quality now as I just received it today, will update the review after few weeks using. But first impression was good and nothing to complain

It came with cleaning kit like other tempered glass.

The shipping speed was fast. It's China Post Air Mail but only 9 days (include weekend).
    I can say with this price range this thing is amazing value. Highly recommend.

Here are some picture when I open the package. Sorry I don't have a camera to make a vid when apply it, but this thing is pretty similar like Nillkin glass. I will get more photo when I borrow one from my bro.

IMG_20140508_203340.jpg

IMG_20140508_203406.jpg

IMG_20140508_203427.jpg

IMG_20140508_203434.jpg
    that website is super shady. no ssl at all, plain order forms, no email verification, domain registered to "mr protector screen".

no thanks, but good luck.