Florida
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Discussion
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Click link here>> Xdabbeb's Camera Mod <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank an OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Reserved

Most Common Questions

Can I flash this on CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
No

Will this be ported over to CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
Who knows, it would take a lot of work and not all libs would be able to be ported to there roms.

Is this compatible with x/y/z rom?
As long as the rom is based on LG stock rom for the g2 it should work. The rom may work on G Pro/G Flex based roms but it isn't guaranteed.

Does this include x/y/z feature from G pro 2?
Yes it is a full g pro 2 port.

How do I enable chroma flash?
It is always enabled.

How do I enable ois+?
It is always enabled even on camera functions with the option greyed out.

I don't have custom recovery but want to use this mod?
Well get custom recovery, if you cannot because of personal reasons then bender007 has created apk installers that only need root.

How do I watch a video in slow motion?
As long as you have the video mod installed after recording the video when you play it touch the menu button and select playback speed then slow it down.

How can I save my video in slow motion?
You would need to do so with a video editing app that allows you slow down the video and save it either on android or on the pc.

Last edited:

lokeycmos

Jun 3, 2009
Update to silent flash

This is fricken awesome! One question, can the developer update the silent.zip for lg g2 kk so it can mute the camcorder shutter as well? Thank you much. Keep up the good work!

subhani

Dec 9, 2010
Great to see the second post on this thread. Hopefully all the same repeat questions won't clog up the thread here or the mod thread thanks to the FAQ here. Nice work zombie.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Croize

Mar 5, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11
I got one question about this mod :) Once i record in slowmotion its fine :) But once i upload the video somwhere its normal speed :S ?

May 29, 2014
This is an awesome mod. I'm an android newbie. I rooted my G2 and just installed the apk. It worked like a charm. I was wondering if manual focus during video recording is on the works? Xdabbeb said it's possible.

60nine

i'm curious - is there a posibility to pre-enhance some image shoot settings like contrast, saturation or sharpness?

i'm attaching 2 pictures, one with default settings from the mod, and another one with a bit of contrast/saturation/sharpness bust in snapseed...

you judge which one looks better...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402760702628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402760702628.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 610
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402760714832.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402760714832.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 590

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
i'm curious - is there a posibility to pre-enhance some image shoot settings like contrast, saturation or sharpness?

i'm attaching 2 pictures, one with default settings from the mod, and another one with a bit of contrast/saturation/sharpness bust in snapseed...

you judge which one looks better...

the first pic looks awesome

amsterdam88

Mar 26, 2012
HI, I've a LG G2 with stock kitkat rom v 20d, dorimanx 5.0 kernel, root and TWRP.

I installed xdabbeb's camera v3.1.0 - for all stock KK ROMs and xdabbeb's videoplayer v1.0.0 - only needed for stock G2 KK ROMs.

My problem is that when i record in slow motion mode, the camera lag during recording, and these lag are in the saved video too!!Very annoying! Is there a solution to this problem?Anyone have my same problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

Nafon

Oct 30, 2013
that is the snapseed enhanced one

It looks cool, but not very realistic. Most people want natural/real-looking pictures and leave the major editing and enhancements for afterwards.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

HI, I've a LG G2 with stock kitkat rom v 20d, dorimanx 5.0 kernel, root and TWRP.

I installed xdabbeb's camera v3.1.0 - for all stock KK ROMs and xdabbeb's videoplayer v1.0.0 - only needed for stock G2 KK ROMs.

My problem is that when i record in slow motion mode, the camera lag during recording, and these lag are in the saved video too!!Very annoying! Is there a solution to this problem?Anyone have my same problem?

Thanks

I have had slow camera problems with some kernels, so I've just stuck to Xdabbeb's kernels to be sure there are no problems. So try making a nandroid backup and installing Xdabbeb's kernel to see if that's the problem.

60nine

It looks cool, but not very realistic. Most people want natural/real-looking pictures and leave the major editing and enhancements for afterwards.

yeah, i agree - but the 1st picture still looks too washed out although it was a cloudy and dim outside it still didn't look realistic...

i wasn't asking for extreme picture pre-enhancing (like on the 2nd picture), but just a bit would be ok...

so, is it possible at all?

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
incremental update

I am running 1.5 version with satisfaction on my LGL22 isai (JB 4.2), is it possible to upgrade to 1.6.1 version without trouble just flashing this latest version?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Discussion
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Click link here>> Xdabbeb's Camera Mod <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank an OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Reserved

Most Common Questions

Can I flash this on CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    No

Will this be ported over to CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    Who knows, it would take a lot of work and not all libs would be able to be ported to there roms.

Is this compatible with x/y/z rom?
    As long as the rom is based on LG stock rom for the g2 it should work. The rom may work on G Pro/G Flex based roms but it isn't guaranteed.

Does this include x/y/z feature from G pro 2?
    Yes it is a full g pro 2 port.

How do I enable chroma flash?
    It is always enabled.

How do I enable ois+?
    It is always enabled even on camera functions with the option greyed out.

I don't have custom recovery but want to use this mod?
    Well get custom recovery, if you cannot because of personal reasons then bender007 has created apk installers that only need root.

How do I watch a video in slow motion?
    As long as you have the video mod installed after recording the video when you play it touch the menu button and select playback speed then slow it down.

How can I save my video in slow motion?
    You would need to do so with a video editing app that allows you slow down the video and save it either on android or on the pc.

Am on XDABBEB's VS982.5 v1.0.0; do I just download "XCam LG - for G2 using the advanced driver" and install or do I need one of the other versions?
    You can install the advanced version, but due to the fact that my fw is using a G3 camera driver, VR Pano won't work. You'd also need to include the appropriate voice shutter library if you use that feature. If you don't want to bother with that or don't know how, just wait until I post a new version in the VS982.5 thread.
    I know the G2 has better hardware but may be posible a version 1'5k or 90fps or something like that?
    Though the hardware is capable, none of the current drivers support 90fps.
    loving when people say that the dev MUST fix something... politeness - level 0...
    This has 4k. If you don't see the option, it's because:

a) you installed the wrong version
    or
    b) your firmware doesn't support it and would need to be modified