Mini Kies Status Topic

Search This thread

richiehd

Jun 19, 2010
New York City
For the longest time, Mini Kies said "Unregistered Device". I plugged it in now, and it says...

Firmware Version: Latest Firmware
Firmware Upgrade: 11/01/22

Does that mean that my device will be able to be upgraded on the 22nd? (tomorrow)

Will others please check their Kies?

samnada

Aug 17, 2010
For the longest time, Mini Kies said "Unregistered Device". I plugged it in now, and it says...

Does that mean that my device will be able to be upgraded on the 22nd? (tomorrow)

Will others please check their Kies?

Just checked and mine says what yours does.

For whatever that means.

(I'm on pure stock, unrooted JI6)

Last edited:

richiehd

Jun 19, 2010
New York City
I am running stock JI6. This device has never been rooted or flashed. It was a replacement when my old one broke, it came prebuilt with J16 on it.

Five0nIt

Oct 19, 2010
Austin
Where can I find the kies that works with the vibrant? The one I found on Google said my device was not compatible.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

presence06

Mar 3, 2009
Minnesota
On Twitter there's a lot of talk about Froyo being pushed via Kies rather than OTA so.. who knows. No confirmation on there either if anyone has gotten it.

richiehd

Jun 19, 2010
New York City
Well, on my old device I used Mini Kies to get JI6 because it seemed like forever to receive it OTA. Hopefully they do it the same way this time with froyo.

doug2060

Jun 12, 2009
Forest City
Im just odin'ed back to stock. When I did kies gave me the latest firmware update which restored my phone to like it was when I got it a few weeks ago. Now kies says unregistered device. Is this normal? Will I be able to update to the new firmware?

Update: Now showing I have latest version 11/01/2010.

Last edited:

blader3759

Sep 1, 2008
I have Kies for the Vibrant but because i have a 64 bit windows 7 i cant look at my phone on it. It just force closes and sammy says kies does not work on 64 bit systems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there a kies mini for mac?

Yes, just install Windows through Bootcamp or the like. There ya go, closest thing you're likely to get. :D

When an ODIN Tar becomes available you can flash that through the Mac Heimdall or just use ClockworkMod with one of the available KA6 / KA7 releases right on your phone. That way PC/MAC doesn't even matter.

what is KA7? I only see KA6...should I wait till Kies Mini shows KA7?Thanks

Supposedly, it's a later release that hasn't been pushed through Kies yet (and may not be). Changes unknown. If you want KA7, flash through other means.