Can only boot stock rom (bootloader unlocked)

Search This thread

Dark_Spark

May 25, 2013
Hello! I was looking for some help with flashing ROMs. I have had my A700 flashed with other ROMs before like CM and IconiaN, but for some reason, now it will only boot the stock ROM. I had CM11 on it and decided to go back to IconiaN. Well, it wouldn't boot. To try and fix this, I went back to full stock ICS with a locked bootloader and stock recovery and started from scratch. I've tried about 4 or 5 times, unlcking the bootloader and flashing CWM, but every time I try to flash anything other than an official update.zip in CWM, it just hangs at the splash screen with the animated Acer logo. I did have TWRP for awhile too, but I had CWM originally and I have it now. Thanks!

Dark_Spark

May 25, 2013
Hello! I was looking for some help with flashing ROMs. I have had my A700 flashed with other ROMs before like CM and IconiaN, but for some reason, now it will only boot the stock ROM. I had CM11 on it and decided to go back to IconiaN. Well, it wouldn't boot. To try and fix this, I went back to full stock ICS with a locked bootloader and stock recovery and started from scratch. I've tried about 4 or 5 times, unlcking the bootloader and flashing CWM, but every time I try to flash anything other than an official update.zip in CWM, it just hangs at the splash screen with the animated Acer logo. I did have TWRP for awhile too, but I had CWM originally and I have it now. Thanks!

Hey guys! Nevermind! I went back to stock again and tried another ROM first before I tried IconiaN, and it booted! So I guess it was just the .zip of IconiaN I have. Weird too because I re-downloaded the .zip. Anyway, I'm good now!