[Q] Is there a workaround for the camera hiss/static problem?

Search This thread

rogerchew

Aug 15, 2010
Thinking about retiring my trusty Gnex and looking into the N5. Unfortunately, stumbled across some articles on the internet claiming that there are persistent bugs with the N5 camera that are driving users crazy. Decided to look into this and came onto this forum, there was no sticky regarding the issue, nothing on the first few pages regarding camera problems, even did a search and didn't seem like many people were even complaining.

so my question is, has it been fixed? the articles online claim google is still working on a fix, but the lack of posts or complaints on this site makes me feel it's a non issue anymore.

feed back would be much appreciated.

thanks

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
Thinking about retiring my trusty Gnex and looking into the N5. Unfortunately, stumbled across some articles on the internet claiming that there are persistent bugs with the N5 camera that are driving users crazy. Decided to look into this and came onto this forum, there was no sticky regarding the issue, nothing on the first few pages regarding camera problems, even did a search and didn't seem like many people were even complaining.

so my question is, has it been fixed? the articles online claim google is still working on a fix, but the lack of posts or complaints on this site makes me feel it's a non issue anymore.

feed back would be much appreciated.

thanks

The hiss problem is real, Google is fixing soon...but we wait. A happy day when this gets resolved.