[Q] Wifi won't enable?

Search This thread

demlasjr

Jul 23, 2012
Hello everyone,

Can somebody give me an advice related to the following issue ?

A friend of mine bought two months ago a Huawei G510 smartphone. I never ever recommend somebody to buy a Huawei, but he told me: "It's okay, you know the phones doesn't last a lot in my hands".

And again...he proved this was true. After one month he dropped the phone in a sink full of water.

He sent it to me into a bowl with rice, I opened it, cleaned it and the phone is working fine right now. But there is an issue: Wifi won't start. I factory reset the phone, I opened again to check if there is any cable disconnected...but everything is fine.

I extracted the phone catlog and this is what I get related to the wifi:

Code:
E/WifiStateMachine(  432): Failed to start supplicant!
W/CommandListener(  147): Failed to retrieve HW addr for eth0 (No such device)
E/WifiStateMachine(  432): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '28 interface setcfg eth0 0.0.0.0 0 down' failed with '400 28 Failed to set address (No such device)'
W/WifiHW  (  432): wifi_start_supplicant: ath_supplicant:-ieth0 -c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf start
E/wpa_supplicant( 1890): Line 3: unknown global field 'p2p_disabled=1'.
E/wpa_supplicant( 1890): Line 3: Invalid configuration line 'p2p_disabled=1'.
I/wpa_supplicant( 1890): rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
E/wpa_supplicant( 1890): nl80211: Could not configure driver to use managed mode
E/wpa_supplicant( 1890): Could not read interface eth0 flags: No such device
E/wpa_supplicant( 1890): eth0: Failed to initialize driver interface

Can somebody tell me what it can be ? Is the modem roasted ? Any solution or idea ?

Thank you.