Search This thread

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@Everyone

I use this thread to figure out what needs debugging to fix issues that you might be having. Please respect that and post appropriately. I have very little time (with working two jobs now) to take hours out of my day sifting through the BS to get to the real issues that need to be fixed. This is a development thread. Not a "How to flash ROMs thread." Those types of things should be studied and well known waaaay before coming in a devlopment thread and flashing anything to your device. Please search first, use the Q & A thread that is conveniently located in the OP (IN BIG BOLD LETTERS!), and leave this thread for bugs. Thanks.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Honestly I don't know what to do, I just sent a link to my phone and it just rebooted. I will observe further more. Thanks.

Try upping your voltages about 25-50, try different governors, and try schedulers to see what works best for your device. Not all devices are created equally so it's up to you guys as the user to find what works for your particular devices. Thats why I include the built in kernel settings section.

humblehyper

Nov 10, 2006
Try upping your voltages about 25-50, try different governors, and try schedulers to see what works best for your device. Not all devices are created equally so it's up to you guys as the user to find what works for your particular devices. Thats why I include the built in kernel settings section.

OK thank you sir.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread cleaned
Task650 JUST posted a big blue and red warning a page back!!!
I will reiterate this warning with my own:
Questions go in the Q&A thread
Absolutely NO trolling or posting sarcastic comments
Consider this and Task650's as your official warning so next course of action is infractions
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Hey everyone, I need some help. I installed this ROM on my friend's SGS3 and it went fine and dandy. However, there's a problem with her notification bar. For some odd reason, her notification bar does not get updated, and retains an outdated background image. Attached is a screenshot she sent me which shows the problem. Does anyone know of a fix? It happens on the launcher and app drawer screens as well, so definitely not an app problem.

Attachments

• IMG-20130523-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130523-WA0001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,283

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hey everyone, I need some help. I installed this ROM on my friend's SGS3 and it went fine and dandy. However, there's a problem with her notification bar. For some odd reason, her notification bar does not get updated, and retains an outdated background image. Attached is a screenshot she sent me which shows the problem. Does anyone know of a fix? It happens on the launcher and app drawer screens as well, so definitely not an app problem.

1.) Please read the OP before posting in this thread. This is a developent thread.

2.) After reading the OP you will know where to post this type of thing. *HINT* Q & A. ;)

bleedingthru

Jun 1, 2011

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781242 [Q&A] AOKP SGH-I747 (task650)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

blackwing182

Nov 21, 2010
Naranjito P.R
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
@ Everyone
I don't have time to screw around. I just tested this and it works fine. I just would've rather bricked my device rather than yours. That's why I like to test all links for these types of things before I promote them off to you guys.. ;)

1.) Go here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41503727&postcount=13716

2.) Put phone into download mode and then open Odin.

3.) Choose the PDA slot and then select the correct file for your device (AT&T is LK3)

4.) Hit start and wait until its finished.

5.) Done

5.) Remind me that I shouldn't be trying to do this from my phone. All it does it piss me off. ;)

Cyanogenmod 10.1 has updated this in all d2 variants, the i747MUMBLL1 bootloader is suported, and the merge was tested by me. Cyanogen aproved it. any chance to add that bootloader to the boot info txt? cant flash this rom and i know it works cuz original aokp suports it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Cyanogenmod 10.1 has updated this in all d2 variants, the i747MUMBLL1 bootloader is suported, and the merge was tested by me. Cyanogen aproved it. any chance to add that bootloader to the boot info txt? cant flash this rom and i know it works cuz original aokp suports it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This ROM has nothing to do with the Official AOKP. I dont really see any need to add anymore boot loader accertions considering you could just flash whatever boot loaders that are already checked as it is and be done with it.

blackwing182

Nov 21, 2010
Naranjito P.R
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
This ROM has nothing to do with the Official AOKP. I dont really see any need to add anymore boot loader accertions considering you could just flash whatever boot loaders that are already checked as it is and be done with it.

My question is wrong ok, but i dont want to flash another bootloader. My Bootloader is ok. Is Just a damn line bro it wont harm any users. and im not just the only one i think thats have that issue with other bootloaders that are confirmed to work.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
My question is wrong ok, but i dont want to flash another bootloader. My Bootloader is ok. Is Just a damn line bro it wont harm any users. and im not just the only one i think thats have that issue with other bootloaders that are confirmed to work.

Well. I guess in return to your post here... I don't care. If you haven't noticed or read thread thread title, this thread is very clearly labeled (AT&T). I don't support any other devices/networks than I don't personally own. I've stated that many times. If users want they have other options that are pretty basic to get around that if they choose. Otherwise, what I have now works great for what I support.

x0ne215

Mar 4, 2013
Philly
Well. I guess in return to your post here... I don't care. If you haven't noticed or read thread thread title, this thread is very clearly labeled (AT&T). I don't support any other devices/networks than I don't personally own. I've stated that many times. If users want they have other options that are pretty basic to get around that if they choose. Otherwise, what I have now works great for what I support.

Couldn't they always ask you nicely to allow them to port the ROM for their variant etc? :angel:

Doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult with all the tutorials here, not to mention how many ports I see in the S3 forums.

Just a thought :)

Anyway just flashed this ROM so far loving it, quickest response same performance as SlimBean if not better so far :victory:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Couldn't they always ask you nicely to allow them to port the ROM for their variant etc? :angel:

Doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult with all the tutorials here, not to mention how many ports I see in the S3 forums.

Just a thought :)

Anyway just flashed this ROM so far loving it, quickest response same performance as SlimBean if not better so far :victory:

There's no need to port. Its as simple as removing the bootloader assert. Takes about 3 seconds to do.

x0ne215

Mar 4, 2013
Philly
There's no need to port. Its as simple as removing the bootloader assert. Takes about 3 seconds to do.

So lazyness is to blame on his part then. Don't see why it's too difficult to read a few threads and customize it to work for yourself, then share with other users who want the same thing. Everything here's pretty much step by step tutorials not too hard to follow.

Anyway thanks again for the ROM, running great. No complaints so far lol.

Reactions: Franky_V

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
So lazyness is to blame on his part then. Don't see why it's too difficult to read a few threads and customize it to work for yourself, then share with other users who want the same thing. Everything here's pretty much step by step tutorials not too hard to follow.

Anyway thanks again for the ROM, running great. No complaints so far lol.

1.) There's no need to post other ROMs with a line of code removed (if that's what you're saying.

2.) All it takes is removing the line....

assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "I747UCDLK3" ||
getprop("ro.bootloader") == "I747MVLDLK4");

Reactions: jremenak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB