[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][condor] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery

Search This thread

obsidianuk

Dec 30, 2013
Hey folks, nice to see a good Moto E community developing - Just got an XT1021 in the UK.

I've rooted and got TWRP installed (got mismatched partition size on install...?)
TWRP seems to run fine - able to install supersu, but trying to make a TWRP backup I get the error message-> unable to mount E:

Any suggestions?

DarkSideTT

Jan 15, 2013
What was said about unified building is correct. It's whether I will get reliable testers for that version

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

if you want, i help u testing this version in my XT1025 :p

Hey folks, nice to see a good Moto E community developing - Just got an XT1021 in the UK.

I've rooted and got TWRP installed (got mismatched partition size on install...?)
TWRP seems to run fine - able to install supersu, but trying to make a TWRP backup I get the error message-> unable to mount E:

Any suggestions?

Try this, i think you're using the older version

http://d-h.st/1Zp

Last edited:
G

g33kparineeti

What was said about unified building is correct. It's whether I will get reliable testers for that version

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

@cybojenix, getting testers won't be a problem.... This is the least we can do for Recognized Devs as you....:D
I can be a tester and I can vouch if you have a release, you'll get hundred others....
FYI, I've got XT1022 dual sim variant from India....
These makes all 3 variants available in this thread....:highfive:

DarkSideTT

Jan 15, 2013
@cybojenix, getting testers won't be a problem.... This is the least we can do for Recognized Devs as you....:D
I can be a tester and I can vouch if you have a release, you'll get hundred others....
FYI, I've got XT1022 dual sim variant from India....
These makes all 3 variants available in this thread....:highfive:

Nice.
Waiting for initial release :p

Last edited:

DarkSideTT

Jan 15, 2013
DarkSideTT - its v1.2 which I had installed - I've double checked it is the same - I downloaded the file yesterday from the link in the OP, and the file bite size is exactly the same!

Any other ideas? :(

Open TWRP> Mount > mark "Micro SDcard"

or

Check if you have space to make backup, recommend 2GB+

Last edited:
Reactions: obsidianuk

obsidianuk

Dec 30, 2013
Open TWRP> Mount > mark "Micro SDcard"

or

Check if you have space to make backup, recommend 2GB+

Tried those - the sd card was already mounted.

What ive found is when you go to backup there is a grey button that says "Storage: (0 MB)". I can press on it to select internal storage or micro sd card...When i choose micro sd card it then works fine.

Thanks a lot for helping me solve it, was very simple really - its due to me never using TWRP; im a CWM user on my other devices :eek:

DarkSideTT

Jan 15, 2013
Tried those - the sd card was already mounted.

What ive found is when you go to backup there is a grey button that says "Storage: (0 MB)". I can press on it to select internal storage or micro sd card...When i choose micro sd card it then works fine.

Thanks a lot for helping me solve it, was very simple really - its due to me never using TWRP; im a CWM user on my other devices :eek:

:D

G

g33kparineeti

Android 4.4.3 is live... Hope CM 11 hits stable soon...:fingers-crossed:

I don't believe CM will stick with M releases... CM was waiting for the 4.4.3 to hit stable...:D

manos78

Jan 17, 2014
Hi,

Any ETA about the fix of the "touch bug" (only after screen power off)?

If someone do the port of CWM (only keys, no touch) this problem fixes automatically. in my opinion CWM is superior to TWRP. :p

G

g33kparineeti

If someone do the port of CWM (only keys, no touch) this problem fixes automatically. in my opinion CWM is superior to TWRP. :p

+1, I agree with you... I too prefer CWM...
The OP of this thread told me that he could build CWM in an hour if I requested him... But I haven't heard anything from him since then...:rolleyes:

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Ok Folks, things were starting to get a little out of control, as some "other" started to chime in with "his" 2 cents worth (mo no know why folks do this when the issue was settled".

Of course we Mods appreciate the politeness some of you all used.

Ahemm.... (now, where was I... oh yeah..)

XDA Rules dictate that Off Topic should be limited. Posts should be related to the topic of the thread. You all know this.

XDA rules "also" prohibit the use of derogatory, flaming, sexist, and other related comments. These will not be tolerated. XDA is an international community, so respect each other.

XDA rules also require users to use the "Report Post" option when rule violations are suspected. "NOT" get involved in some sort of posting war. The only one that wins... is ME :laugh:

Now, with that said, and some knowledge passed about how a dev spends his/her day, I have taken the liberty to clean the posts involved in this topic. Sorry if you'rs got caught up in it, but I'm not going to pick and choose regardless of title. Related posts are deleted.

Other than "1" post that was out of line completely, I appreciate you all keeping it somewhat civil.:good:

Carry on and Cheers!

MD

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry guys, I've been MIA for the past week. Just got round to building twrp with all the fixes done
http://d-h.st/oNJ
changes:
  • touch bug fixed
  • backlight bug fixed
  • built against the latest caf kk_3.5 rb head (unreleased yet. I'll push it tomorrow hopefully)

it's still 2.7.0.0, I need to update the Slim repo.

Next thing to do is 2.7.1, and strip out the kernel so I can use a fast compression to speed up the boot sequence.

Simply out of curiosity (and to help with unifying), can people send me the output of this please (pastebin it)
Code:
adb shell getprop
I've checked, there's nothing personal on it.

Thanks.

G

g33kparineeti

Sorry guys, I've been MIA for the past week. Just got round to building twrp with all the fixes done
http://d-h.st/oNJ
changes:
  • touch bug fixed
  • backlight bug fixed
  • built against the latest caf kk_3.5 rb head (unreleased yet. I'll push it tomorrow hopefully)

it's still 2.7.0.0, I need to update the Slim repo.

Next thing to do is 2.7.1, and strip out the kernel so I can use a fast compression to speed up the boot sequence.

Simply out of curiosity (and to help with unifying), can people send me the output of this please (pastebin it)
Code:
adb shell getprop
I've checked, there's nothing personal on it.

Thanks.

Thanks very much, working great on XT 1022.... The touch bug is no more there....
Sorry for 2 n00b questions, where will I get stock recovery??? need it for ota 4.4.3 update...
And will this get updated to v2.7.1.0 please???

btw, sorry @cybojenix for those ETAs about CWM...
This latest update has removed the need for CWM....:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.1.0:
    -Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    -Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    -Improvements to USB storage handling
    -Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    -Various other bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
    Play Store Link
    1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
    2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
    4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    See device specific install instructions

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Device Specifics

Install Instructions:
    1. Unlock your bootloader
    2. Follow these instructions
    Credits:
    @m11kkaa - for the pointer about kernel dt
    @JackpotClavin - for the easier patch for touchscreen

Confirmed to work on XT1021, XT1022, XT1023

Latest Unofficial Download Here

kernel source
    Device Tree

Changelog:
    TWRP 2.7.2.0 V2.2
    • bump to V2.7.2.0
    • built against TWRP internal trees
    TWRP 2.7.1.0 V2.1
    • bump to V2.7.1.0
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V2.0
    • touch bug fixed
    • backlight bug fixed
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.2
    • Fix external SD mounting (I've only just found my card)
    • Remove unnecessary partitions from the mounting menu
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.1
    • Add dt kernel, allows for the recovery to boot normally (Thanks @m11kkaa)
    • Strip out unneeded files, so it will fit in the partition
    TWRP 2.7.0.0 V1.0
    • Initial build
    • touch doesn't work until screen has turned off then back on
    • Do not flash! Only boot it

Support:
    Live support is available via #MotoE on Freenode with your IRC client, or just click this link.
    TWRP v2.8.1.0

Hi all
    Saw many of them requesting for TWRP Update v2.8.1.0.I have attached it below:

twrp-2.8.1.0-condor.img
    @cybojenix maybe you can add it to the first post..
    And a good news, I have sent my moto e for service......so this build is untested.so report bugs if found.
    Official

annnddd we just went official https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_motorola_condor

pages are being sorted out later. Will update the thread once they're done.
    Yet another quick build.everything must work.kindly report back guys.And BTW My screen is on my way.probably by 2morrow id get it.From then on i would start work on CM12.

twrp-2.8.3.0-condor.img