CarbonRom 4.4.4 Nightly [FIX] GPS issues on XT925

Search This thread

David Caddick

Oct 8, 2007
Sydney
Hi All,

On a Telstra XT925 I have been on SlimRom 4.3 for some while now and for last 2 months or so I have been routinely backing this up with CWM and trying the various new 4.4.x builds but have *always* found the Location settings did not work at all. I also went as far as trying all manner of other apps to either help the GPS get a lock but in all cases it refused to recognize that there was a GPS at all or was not turned on, and this would not have been too bad if the WiFi location based side was working as a stop gap, but this also stubbornly refused to work so I kept reverting back to 4.3.

I'm not sure if this is just me, but this was the case for DHacker, CM11, SlimKat 4.4.2 + 4.4.3, RomFactory, that is until I tried Carbon Rom KK Nightly from 20-June-2014 from the moto_msm 8960 Build:
https://carbonrom.org/downloads/?device=moto_msm8960&type=nightly

This is 4.4.4 and I'm happy that I did persevere because the GPS *IS* working on this. The Wifi location sensing is still not working which is something of a shame, but now I no longer consider this a deal breaker and can live with it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot or fix the Wifi Location issues I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
DaveC