HTC_eReader_Reader_1_0_20113925_00 cab -- No Manila Required [UPDATED 3-6-10]

Search This thread

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
i've edited my previous post. and yes i've cooked in SDKcerts:)

its getting late in the UK and my wife is starting to 'tut' so i'll catch up with the thread tomorow:) i really appreciate you trying to sort this mate

I reupped the file, so try in the previously posted location again.

chrisd1a1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 7, 2007
leeds
cheers for the upload mate, good news and bad news. the cab installs but it's still wvga.. cheers for the attempt.

gator70

Nov 15, 2009
I have the HD2 and I installed the program. I am trying to see if it installed correctly. Did it come with a few books? I see them. But when I click on one I get nothing.

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
Some people seem to have the same issue of not being able to open books. I'm guessing this is a dependancy issue, possible with shared modules, shared resources, or htc framework versions.

It would be good to know which rom you are running.

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks,

What are my options?

Sorry my ROM is 1.43.479.0 (69828) WWE

What device is that for? Either load a custom ROM, or updgrade to the latest ship ROM. It may be possible to cab up those packages, but there are modules which need to be converted to files, and I'm not sure if they will all behave as well being files and also if your rom will allow the files in the cab to overwrite the modules in your rom.

qtype

Nov 27, 2008
Zadar
Hi,

I installed and soft reseted my device. After that when trying to start this I get the following message:

''The file 'HTCBookList' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file''

Does anyone knows what is the problem?

I'm currently using Energy "Leo" 23542 Mar 5 Sense 2.5.2012 Cookies Home tab ROM

RJC82

Jun 18, 2008
Hi,

I installed and soft reseted my device. After that when trying to start this I get the following message:

''The file 'HTCBookList' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file''

Does anyone knows what is the problem?

I'm currently using Energy "Leo" 23542 Mar 5 Sense 2.5.2012 Cookies Home tab ROM

Same problem here on original NL ROM. Can't see the installation on my SD card either and the icon is a standard WM window.

Could be my Manila version, since it's 2.5 19211619.0

morpheo1321

Jan 30, 2008
had the same problem

i had the same problem when installing on sd card.I just uninstalled it from there and installed it on main memory with the OABsoftware's Manila E-Book Library Manager,did a soft reset and now works great.

RJC82

Jun 18, 2008
I figured the same thing, since it installed in a self created Windows folder on my SD card. Now it opens, but still an't read the supplied books. They simply won't open.

qtype

Nov 27, 2008
Zadar
( morpheo1321

had the same problem

i had the same problem when installing on sd card.I just uninstalled it from there and installed it on main memory with the OABsoftware's Manila E-Book Library Manager,did a soft reset and now works great.)

thanks...

installed it on main memory and it works as a charm...

especially in combination with EbookIndexer