[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - Tenderloin Milestone 4

Search This thread

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
I am happy with Build 40. Keyboard still vibrate every time I use it. No random reboot so far. Battery life much better. Upgraded from Milestone 5.

Edit: just got one random reboot.

Last edited:

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
Just upgraded to build 40, I did a quick delvik wipe/cache wipe from OaT's latest. No issues at all. Mic even works

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Put 40 on Sunday night. Wifi works just fine without me having to flash one of the fixes. So far pretty stable release. Keep up the good work! I always do a full wipe when going from one version to another.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

I am happy with Build 40. Keyboard still vibrate every time I use it. No random reboot so far. Battery life much better. Upgraded from Milestone 5.

Edit: just got one random reboot.

Do you not want the keyboard to vibrate when you use it? That's what it sounds like, if so you can turn the vibration off for the keyboard.

TeaMsTaZ

Nov 11, 2009
Alot of people's Dont like too pay homage, an I dont like too complain but u can't spell aokp without CM9, an thou your mic work, who brought u android
Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
anybody know how to restore the menu button back to the stock google/cm9 3 dots? im not liking this change for the tablet, it doesnt match the phone and apps that have an integrated menu button. no clue why they changed this to that weird looking lines icon.

Norcalz71

apologize if this is answered somewhere quite obvious, just wondering pertaining to AOKP.

Currently running build 37...whats the preferred process for upgrading to a newer build? Is it any different than on say my Atrix where I will

backup
moto-fastboot wipe (is there a similar process for the touchpad?)
flash new ROM
wipe cache/batt stats/etc

reinstall apps.

Should I go through that (and is there a moto-fastboot type total wipe step for the touchpad), or just flash right over top of build 37?

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
boot to clockworkmod or twrp, which ever recovery you have installed. make a nandroid backup. flash rom. done. really no need to erase/wipe if on aokp and going to aokp. ONLY if clause to that was when going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.

Norcalz71

boot to clockworkmod or twrp, which ever recovery you have installed. make a nandroid backup. flash rom. done. really no need to erase/wipe if on aokp and going to aokp. ONLY if clause to that was when going from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.

So 37 to 40 is good to go no wipe? Sounds good, do it sometime this weekend.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
I don't think the MHL adapters are yet supported. I know the hardware is supposedly there for it but the software has yet to be mapped out.

siralsmooth

Jan 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
Builds should appear as the bot compiles them. Be patient! Tenderloin build will not be available tonight (tomorrow or the day after).

As always, make us touchpad users wait. Hopefully all new changes get merged.

Izeltokatl

I'm hoping there are no more random reboots in the latest build. I went back to cm9, not one random reboot in 2 weeks. I'm amazed how far the TP has come! I do prefer aokp though. =)

Hopefully this new build will have the latest audio libs, headphone fix, Wi-Fi drivers and graphics. If not, we can flash them manually.

Sent from my HP Touchpad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Btw guys, jb aokp. Is NOT coming soon. Our chip set, the msm8660 isn't even supported yet. Cm10 is it until they support it, which they will in the future.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    yea i tried this twice with build 37 and 38 still no luck

yea that's the same issue i'm getting

do you know how we would go about making a flashable zip for this? sounds like i might have to package up the the build 36 drivers into build 38 or 37 but being able to make a flashable wifi driver that we can flash in recovery would be helpful till this gets fixed

Check the wifi thread, but many versions have been posted. I have 5 different versions in a flashable format.

-update -

Here are the last six wifi drivers you can use.

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/altwifi/

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    what am i doing wrong i can't get wifi connection to work after build 36 build 37 build 38 nightly for june 2 none of them work
    anyone have any hints or suggestions would love to upgrade to the newest builds
    but no wifi connection is a no go for me anybody?
    i've flashed the wifi reset but still no luck

For those having Wifi issues try this tip from jcsullins who wrote the wifi driver and fix sound problem
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26443512&postcount=625
    Fantastic rom, running it on 3 Touchpads so far! :D One question, it auto boots Webos after the 5 sec countdown is there a way to change this so it auto boots AOKP. THANKS

In terminal emulator:

su
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    echo "AOKP" > /boot/moboot.default
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    exit

That should do it.

@OP: Very interested in this ROM - think I just may flash it tonight. Thanks for the work and dedication.