[Q] Can I put my touchwiz.apk on another OS?

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Mine came with it now, so i was just wondering what would happen if i were to save those APK's (theres touchwiz itself, touchwiz launcher i think, maybe a couple others) to apply on top of a stock android OS??

Is that possible at all? It would be 4.0.4 style, but that doesnt bother me at all. if its possible that is.

promo87

Mine came with it now, so i was just wondering what would happen if i were to save those APK's (theres touchwiz itself, touchwiz launcher i think, maybe a couple others) to apply on top of a stock android OS??

Is that possible at all? It would be 4.0.4 style, but that doesnt bother me at all. if its possible that is.

Well, yes you can put your touchwiz.apk to other OS, what its going to do is its going to make you device look like samsung device. These are the launchers used to customize the look of the whole ecosystem and that's is the major reason why people drives away from iOS to the Android ecosystem try using the touchwiz launcher and see your device transform onto samsung.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Well, yes you can put your touchwiz.apk to other OS, what its going to do is its going to make you device look like samsung device. These are the launchers used to customize the look of the whole ecosystem and that's is the major reason why people drives away from iOS to the Android ecosystem try using the touchwiz launcher and see your device transform onto samsung.

Please do your research before replying.

No it will not work as they need the base touchwiz framework to work properly which stock google doesn't have.

This is the price you pay for running a custom aosp based ROM.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
No because the frameworks control the whole OS. They are not cross compatible

Hmm, in that case, are there mods available to make every part of the stock OS look like the touchwiz OS, including the notification area?? Thats gotta be my biggest thing that i hate about stock. I love the compact 1 page aspect of the touchwiz version.

I know theres a theme for touchwiz, i tried it on another device. but all it changed was the main screens. settings and notification areas stayed stock. That was a total bummer, i thought i found my solution right there...

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Hmm, in that case, are there mods available to make every part of the stock OS look like the touchwiz OS, including the notification area?? Thats gotta be my biggest thing that i hate about stock. I love the compact 1 page aspect of the touchwiz version.

I know theres a theme for touchwiz, i tried it on another device. but all it changed was the main screens. settings and notification areas stayed stock. That was a total bummer, i thought i found my solution right there...

Some have a notification setting for the compact tiles but not completely like touch Wiz. I would either get used to not having them or use a stock based ROM. To be honest I would get used to bot having them as with the next update the whole thing is changing again.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Some have a notification setting for the compact tiles but not completely like touch Wiz. I would either get used to not having them or use a stock based ROM. To be honest I would get used to bot having them as with the next update the whole thing is changing again.

Well the one i tried playing with the settings with is the moto G... but there are practically NO customization settings, at all. wallpaper and ringtones were all i was able to find. no notification bar settings, no compact, no nothing.

Im still using my ICS with no issues... im more thinking ahead for the future, will possibly set a couple of roms aside to try. Its gonna take alot to get used to the much uglier notification area though... maybe ill never have to!