[MOD][4.4.2-Touchscreen-Issue-Fix]

Search This thread

nelsonw

Jun 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
While updating and using the latest Android OS from Nvidia for the Tegra-Note, I noticed some issues with the touchscreen.
Browsing the forum I noticed other users had issues with this too
So I have released a fix for this issue

Issues fixed:

Touchscreen unresponsive
Single click -> double clicks
Touching the screen in one area while, touchscreen thinks youre touching in another area

Untested:
Using stylus and touching from edge of screen to centre loses touch focus from stylus

Requirements:

Unlocked bootloader
TWRP Recovery

Installation:

Download touchscreen fix from the link below
Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or Volume up and power button
Locate zip file and select install or "adb sideload locatetotouchscreenfixzip"

Download Link: http://d-h.st/PkX
Thanks for all your WORK (FIXES AND KERNEL) on the device. I feel that I have a new device. THANKS!

joseph 007

Oct 18, 2017
Thodupuzha
Please reupload the link to the zip file for touchscreen issue fix .
The current one is down and dead so I want some thing that's still rolling .
Please some please help me . ... Its urgent

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Thanks for all your WORK (FIXES AND KERNEL) on the device. I feel that I have a new device. THANKS!

Can you reupload the zip file if you still have it with you please .

GodOfPsychos

Mar 15, 2014
Solingen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While updating and using the latest Android OS from Nvidia for the Tegra-Note, I noticed some issues with the touchscreen.
    Browsing the forum I noticed other users had issues with this too
    So I have released a fix for this issue

Issues fixed:

Touchscreen unresponsive
    Single click -> double clicks
    Touching the screen in one area while, touchscreen thinks youre touching in another area

Untested:
    Using stylus and touching from edge of screen to centre loses touch focus from stylus

Requirements:

Unlocked bootloader
    TWRP Recovery

Installation:

Download touchscreen fix from the link below
    Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or Volume up and power button
    Locate zip file and select install or "adb sideload locatetotouchscreenfixzip"

Download Link: http://d-h.st/PkX
    Hi Shaky, you said the latest version of Android but your title says "4.2.2" . Do you mean 4.4.2?

Like everyone else I have these pesky touchscreen issues and I am hoping you mean 4.4.2 because that's what I got.
    typo on my end,it is for 4.4.2
    Btw you guys are aware, settings -> directstylus -> set timer to activate finger touch after pen use -> disable touch only during pen use or select 3 seconds

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Hey, I haven't had time yet. I've been spending too much time away from home these days with work and all so when problem happens, I am without the ability to get a logcat file. I'll get you a log as soon as time permits.

BTW, just two days ago, I had a related problem occur and instead of rebooting what I did was just play around with the device so I can give you a better description of what happens. I say "related" because I think last time I described what seemed like lag after touch presses and problems with the palm rejection.

Scenario:
    1. I was plugged in charging.
    2. Unfortunately, I cannot recall what I was doing or what app I ran before the touch screen problem occurred.
    3. I brought up the App drawer and when I tried to swipe left to get to the next screen of apps, it automatically just swiped back to the previous screen.
    4. I managed to open Google Now where my keyboard popped up automatically, characters started popping up on the text box as if my keys were being pressed.
    5. I rebooted and didn't bother to wait to see if the problem would fix itself.
    6. Things that might be important: I use Nova Launcher Prime and Swift Key.

Like I said, if I can somehow get lucky to have the problem happen just when I am at a PC, I'll send the logcat file ASAP.

Thanks for the effort, Shaky.
    Thanks if I can get a log I can check it out, I think it will be fixed when I release something else, have been very busy so a lot of delays...

Sneak peak...

uploadfromtaptalk1403782131029.jpg
    ^^ Yes, can anyone update the link for this?
    TIA @Shaky156?