[MODEMS] [N7105] CWM Flashable Modem Collection (updated 29 January 2015)

Search This thread

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Hey bro, could you tell me how to pull the modem and any necessary files from the stock rom on the phone, I want to make a back up of the one that comes with the phone just in case.

Cheers,
Evil.

Edit: Please and thank-you.

No worries - a full backup with TWRP should do it, has modem backup options. To be on safe side, I also always keep both a full tar file from sammobile handy (on memory stick :)) and on extsdcard I keep a flashable rom (teshxx odexed from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028166). Should not have any problems though, but I always play on the safe side.

Radam_

Jan 26, 2011
I have a N7105T from Vodafone which is apparently their 4G model as well as the one Telstra will use. Are you able to package this modem as a zip.
Firmware is not on sammobile but can be found here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7105T

Also, on a side note do you think the Opt us modem (or any of the ones) provided here would work with my phone? I know that the difference is the LTE radio in the T model doesn't support the 800MHz band. The reason I ask is Vodafone say they have the 4G disabled on the phone until they release an update, and I figure that's done in the modem so maybe one here can enable it.

Thanks

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
I have a N7105T from Vodafone which is apparently their 4G model as well as the one Telstra will use. Are you able to package this modem as a zip.
Firmware is not on sammobile but can be found here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N7105T

Also, on a side note do you think the Opt us modem (or any of the ones) provided here would work with my phone? I know that the difference is the LTE radio in the T model doesn't support the 800MHz band. The reason I ask is Vodafone say they have the 4G disabled on the phone until they release an update, and I figure that's done in the modem so maybe one here can enable it.

Thanks

Should be no issues repackaging as a flashable modem. Not sure on compatibility though between this and n7105 international however. Someone smarter than me might be able to answer that question. If it was me (and I take risks :)) I would root it, back everything up (especially EFS), have my firmware available for reflash (from your above link), and just give it a crack. Rather surprised VF are using the Telstra variant, as they have a tower sharing agreement with Optus coming into effect next year I think...

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane

Thanks

uploading the modem now - I can flash it fine on my N7105, still have network access no issues.

Structure looks the same from the image files. Only thing of concern would be if the N7105T uses a different partition for modems. Unlikely, but still, potential issue.

Last edited:

Radam_

Jan 26, 2011
I am a bit of a risk taker too :p I had already rooted and backed up EFS, so I went ahead and flashed the Optus modem onto it. It seems to be working, but once I go into the city I should be able to test out if LTE is enabled (as I have it unlocked and on Telstra).

And if anything ever goes wrong I can keep a copy of the zip you have created of the stock modem on the SD and flash whenever - Thanks mate.

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Yes i flashed the Optus one and dunno if it's related to it but i think it is - I get a red box around notifications - anyone else?

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
I am a bit of a risk taker too :p I had already rooted and backed up EFS, so I went ahead and flashed the Optus modem onto it. It seems to be working, but once I go into the city I should be able to test out if LTE is enabled (as I have it unlocked and on Telstra).

And if anything ever goes wrong I can keep a copy of the zip you have created of the stock modem on the SD and flash whenever - Thanks mate.

No worries - main link up in OP :)

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Yes i flashed the Optus one and dunno if it's related to it but i think it is - I get a red box around notifications - anyone else?

no red box here. what did you flash it over? Where i'm at is basically complete stock XXDLK7 from www.sammobile.com, then got root using toolkit. flashed latest TWRP, flashed optus modem, flashed perseus kernel, installed & tweaked with pimp my rom (market), then also have added other customisations using pulser_g2's awesome find/work here (Xposed Framework). So far, runs like a dream.

Reactions: poczynek

Radam_

Jan 26, 2011
Hmm so I have just been through the city, and H+ was all I got. Speeds were definitely not LTE (less than 400kB/s), so I guess I will have to wait to get proper 4G. Will the phone have a different symbol than H+ when on LTE?

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
Hmm so I have just been through the city, and H+ was all I got. Speeds were definitely not LTE (less than 400kB/s), so I guess I will have to wait to get proper 4G. Will the phone have a different symbol than H+ when on LTE?

i'm not too sure on that one sorry - I live in 3G - 3.5G only area, so I don't even have a 4G SIM. When Optus extends coverage (around Feb I believe) then i'll be upgrading SIM's :) Perhaps someone else can fill you in on the symbol you see...

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
no red box here. what did you flash it over? Where i'm at is basically complete stock XXDLK7 from www.sammobile.com, then got root using toolkit. flashed latest TWRP, flashed optus modem, flashed perseus kernel, installed & tweaked with pimp my rom (market), then also have added other customisations using pulser_g2's awesome find/work here (Xposed Framework). So far, runs like a dream.

Yes am pretty similar. So deodexed LK7 then rooted with Chenglu and on perseus kernel and have 15 Toggle mod. Am going to go back to nandroid back up which i did just prior to Optus flash to see if it's there still as I am pretty sure only happened after Optus flash. And might try stock rather than deodexed as just had a look and there are problems there with the red box too:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35202790&postcount=415

rekrapg

Aug 10, 2009
Brisbane
successfully built the CWM flashable zips without the language files - found a db file that was causing bootloop if files not flashed. now only updating csc and modem.bin, zip size < 20MB. Uploading now, will update OP in next 30 minutes with links. Will keep ones packed with language files in case of requirement by anyone to utilise them :cool:

EDIT: updated OP with new links, now on dropbox as faster to upload. will mirror too on mediafire again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts