[Q&A] Hyperdrive Rom Note 3 GSM Varients║ Non-Development Discussion ║ Support

Search This thread

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Thank you, sbreen94, for your suggestion. However, is there a way that I can uninstall the Email app I currently have and install the S5 Email app without flashing the ROM again? I did flash it twice already. Please help! Thank u!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
If you know how to push files to your system partition then yes but if you are not super tech savvy you can just reflash the rom without wiping data and pick the s5 option

Reactions: anhmuonm

anhmuonm

Mar 19, 2011
If you know how to push files to your system partition then yes but if you are not super tech savvy you can just reflash the rom without wiping data and pick the s5 option

Sbreen94, thnk u again! Will go w the "dirty" flash option and pick S5 Email. Will let u know if the problem still exists!

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Sbreen94, thnk u again! Will go w the "dirty" flash option and pick S5 Email. Will let u know if the problem still exists!

Hi Sbreenn94, S5 and Note 3 Email app give the same error. Dont really know what happens!

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Hi Sbreenn94, S5 and Note 3 Email app give the same error. Dont really know what happens!

Can you also try clearing data and cache on the app in settings. If you are getting a force close on it. Attaching a logcat of the error would be helpful

anhmuonm

Mar 19, 2011
Can you also try clearing data and cache on the app in settings. If you are getting a force close on it. Attaching a logcat of the error would be helpful

Hi Sbreen94, yes, I did clearing data and cache in the app settings many times, but everytime I tried to view email, then the app froze, black out, and gave me the "Unfortunately email stopped". Then, I restarted the Email app, it would work normally. It just happens when you first open any new email.

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Icon Label Magnification

So a feature I love and have never seen before is the little icon labels popping out of the folders you create. It always works with my pen but only sometimes works with my finger. When it disappears I've done everything I can through the settings to get it back including restarts, cache and dalvik cleared, toggling on and off, enabling all air view options, I've even reflashed clearing system as well beforehand and it's spotty. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this and knows how to keep it from going away. I know its a small feature but now that i've seen it I really like it. Thanks for all the hard work!

SM-N900T running RLS 7.1 on lean kernel 3.13.

ejgreenwald

Dec 18, 2013
Unlocking phone

Hi Sbreen, great Rom. I'm running 7.1 with no problems. I asked tmobile to unlock my phone and I tried their instructions but it didnt work with the custom rom. it seems ussd codes also don't work. any solutions? thanks. Below is the email from tmobile

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Samsung device. Please be advised a non T-Mobile SIM card MUST be used to unlock this device.

1. Insert a NON T-Mobile SIM & turn Device on

2. The Device will automatically prompt you to enter code into an empty field.

3. Click/Tap in the empty field above the "Unlock & Dismiss" options (this will display a key pad on the screen).

4. Using the key pad input the Unlock Code provided by T-Mobile.

5. Press the Back button to remove the keyboard from screen.

6. Click/Tap the "Unlock" option; handset should display "Network Unlock Successful".

Please note that if you are unlocking a flip device please use steps 1, 2, 4 and 6.

aybesea69

Dec 2, 2012
You can also use TB to uninstall email, and then use Google Inbox instead. It works superbly with Hyperdrive.

Sent from my SM-T520 / GraveD 3.0 / LibidinosoSC 1.1 using Tapatalk

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
OMG. Finally a vpn

Finally! After many flashes back and fourth trying to get a vpn connection I finally got it to work. I was so sad to leave this rom as my stock modified rom did work. For some reason it won't work on lean kernel, only compulsion which is fine cause I love it as well. Also won't connect with stock vpn under settings. And didn't work with the vpn app that is optioned in aroma. VpnRoot from the app store is what worked bit didn't do so until on compulsion kernel as I did try it on leanK. Also u don't have to have a lock screen with this app so double points. This is a biggy for my job and finally I now have my dream rom that is 100% fully functional. If anyone thinks theres a different way or could have worked some other way I'm all ears. I even copied vpn files from stock and still no dice, not until the exact steps taken above. Sbreen, congrats on an exceptional masterpiece and keep the beast alive.

Reactions: sbreen94
Nov 17, 2014
Phone Storage Hyderdrive 7.1

Everything so far seems to work great, but I cannot get my phone to be recognized using MTP on my computer. , My dev options are on and USB debugging is turned on too..

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Fixed the Active Apps Widget

The note 4 active apps widget that comes with rls7.1 showed up in widgets but when dragged to the desktop would not open up. No FC just would not open. I tried a list of things but the note 3 active apps is better anyway which was on rls6.1 so I took the apk from there and copied it to system/apps and set the correct perm's. Before hand though you have to remove the current one with a system app uninstaller like in "all-in-one-toolbox". But after the perm's are set reboot and then it will show up in your widgets and has full functionality. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else had the same issue as it gave me the same problem on several different installs of 7.1....

knox0x1

Jan 13, 2015
storage maxed

Is it normal for the phone's internal storage to be 98% full after installing the latest version of the hyperdrive rom?

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
Is it normal for the phone's internal storage to be 98% full after installing the latest version of the hyperdrive rom?

No its not normal. I would backup all pertinent files/folders to a computer and/or the external card and then wipe internal storage after doing a factory reset. Then reflash.

ciner01

Jan 22, 2015
brooklyn
hyperdrive 7.1

I have a tmobile note 3 with N900TUVUDNK3 is it possible to flash the hyperdrive 7.1rls or do i have to wait for the new version of the rom or can i downgrade to nf9.. really miss this rom.. much thanks

Jhfreeze

Oct 30, 2014
Texas
I have a tmobile note 3 with N900TUVUDNK3 is it possible to flash the hyperdrive 7.1rls or do i have to wait for the new version of the rom or can i downgrade to nf9.. really miss this rom.. much thanks

Yes it's possible to do both. You can flash as is 7.1 on nk3 or back track to NF9 then flash. But from what I've read there's no need to backhaul to nf9.

Reactions: ciner01

Don_Knotts

Oct 18, 2014
Password and pin for lock screen not functioning

Hello Anyone that can help,
After having Hyperdrive installed for awhile without the lock screen password being able to be set I have recently re-flashed the stock firmware and re-rooted my phone with the password lock working. I then reinstalled Hyperdrive and everything looked good, but found the password still can't be set.

When I try to set the password or pin the phone freezes for a time, and a damaged sd card notification appears. I've tried with and without the sd card and it makes no difference, although without the sd card the notification doesn't appear.
After the phone freeze is done the lock screen is still set to swipe

Other times I am at the Select screen lock menu and I choose password and enter the password I want and then it immediately goes back to the Lock screen menu after pressing OK on the confirmation of password screen.

I've tried with the stock firmware and I am able to set a password.

I'd like to set a password and encrypt my device if somebody can help?

Reactions: Ktrain1331

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Q&A] Hyperdrive Rom Note 3 GSM Varients║ Non-Development Discussion ║ Support

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

HyperB2.jpg

ROM

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

Please read the FAQ in the Rom Thread

Respect all users especially those attempting to offer assistance.

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Phone is SM-N900T and after flashing everything works great except Voice Recorder which does not open. It just says: "Unfortunately Voice Recorder has stopped."

Any ideas what the problem is? Anyone?

Thanks

I would suggest to re-flash the Hyperdrive RLS4 rom.
    But before doing that you need to check to see if you
    have the latest baseband/bootloader.

If you have the latest NF9 then you are all set to re-flash the rom.
    If you are not sure then go to the play store and download/install
    "phone INFO" a free app which will tell you exactly which
    baseband/bootloader you have right now.

If you don't upgrade your firmware to NF9 before flashing hyperdrive
    you will find that you will have more than just the voice recorder issue.

If it's not the latest NF9 I would suggest to go to http://SamMobile.com
    and download the full official stock N900T NF9 firmware and flash
    it using Odin.

Once that's done you will need to re-root the phone with cf-autoroot
    and flash twrp custom recovery.

If you already have the NF9 baseband/bootloader then simply re-flash
    hyperdrive rom but this time before flashing make sure to do a full and
    complete wipe in twrp recovery.

A full and complete wipe consists of:
    Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik and last but not least do a factory
    reset in twrp recovery before re-flashing the hyperdrive or other roms.

Good luck!
    Create a new tethering apn

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lol ty nvm i got it fix

To all of you, this is how i got my unrestricted unlimited tethering working

1- Delete the tethering apn that comes preloaded
    2- Create a new apn with these values. See pictures
    3- Turn on Wifi hotspot and when your device is connected, go and select the tethering apn you just created.

should included this on the rom

ty op for the amazing rom
    Please use this thread for Off Topic Discussions and also Frequently asked questions. Please read through the FAQ and or search the thread as well :highfive: :good: