[Q] HTC One M8 United Kingdom RUU

Search This thread

HassanMirza

Jul 18, 2014
Hi,
I have been looking for an RUU file for the United Kingdom version of the HTC One M8. I can't find one which is why I refuse to convert my phone into a GPE device just in case I can't go back.
Does anybody know where I can find it?
The firmware version is 1.54.401.10
Thanks in advance.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Hi,
I have been looking for an RUU file for the United Kingdom version of the HTC One M8. I can't find one which is why I refuse to convert my phone into a GPE device just in case I can't go back.
Does anybody know where I can find it?
The firmware version is 1.54.401.10
Thanks in advance.

There are no RUUs publicly available for your version of this device at this time.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Thanks anyway for your help.
I have another question. Are these released via leaks?

Typically yes. As a very general rule HTC does not release RUUs to the general public for non-developer devices. That being said, there are occasions when HTC will post them. For example HTC has officially posted current RUUs for AT&T & T-Mobile M8s here in the US. Those RUUs were posted at the request of HTC's client, in this case the two carriers mentioned above.

Software versions containing the 401 SKU (like yours) are WWE ROMs (world wide English) and are not specific to one particular carrier or country and therefore almost never have an accompanying RUU publicly released. Any RUU posted online for that SKU is almost certainly a leak, as are the vast majority of RUUs available. Unfortunately at this time the leaks are few and far in between. There have been an Asian RUU leaked & Verizon and Sprint RUUs leaked as well, but nothing for Europe.

Last edited:

HassanMirza

Jul 18, 2014
Typically yes. As a very general rule HTC does not release RUUs to the general public for non-developer devices. That being said, there are occasions when HTC will post them. For example HTC has officially posted current RUUs for AT&T & T-Mobile M8s here in the US. Those RUUs were posted at the request of HTC's client, in this case the two carriers mentioned above.

Software versions containing the 401 SKU (like yours) are WWE ROMs (world wide English) and are not specific to one particular carrier or country and therefore almost never have an accompanying RUU publicly released. Any RUU posted online for that SKU is almost certainly a leak, as are the vast majority of RUUs available. Unfortunately at this time the leaks are few and far in between. There have been an Asian RUU leaked & Verizon and Sprint RUUs leaked as well, but nothing for Europe.

This may be a stupid question. but do you think that it will be released within the coming months?

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
This may be a stupid question. but do you think that it will be released within the coming months?

No, I don't.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

There is potentially a solution for you, however. While I don't personally recommend converting a standard device to GPE, I do accept that people do it. Should you decide you want to and then decide you want to convert back (as I'm sure you will), visit my buddy @Sneakyghost's firmware thread where you will be able to find the 1.54.401 firmware that will help you return back to stock.

Reactions: HassanMirza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, I don't.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

There is potentially a solution for you, however. While I don't personally recommend converting a standard device to GPE, I do accept that people do it. Should you decide you want to and then decide you want to convert back (as I'm sure you will), visit my buddy @Sneakyghost's firmware thread where you will be able to find the 1.54.401 firmware that will help you return back to stock.