My case Dilemma- need ur thoughts

Search This thread

h0mersimps0n

Oct 9, 2007
OK managed to snatch one of the only/few tilts available in my area last Friday and now, after a week of use I've noticed I hate the ATT case I bought: The leather, plastic clip, top-loading case, SUCKS!

I work in an ER so speed, quality, ease of use is paramount. My major problem with this case is that 1. I press buttons trying to pull it out and 2. the belt clip is not centered well so when I try to orient it horizontally on my scrubs the opening end tips downward toward the floor.

SO, I've been searching around the forums, looked at a TON of different cases. So far I like the look of this: http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10100000_900000_11000164&products_id=6562

BUT I don't like the plastic over the keyboard and how annoying is that flap when you're trying to talk on the phone? I don't want to be fiddling with a GD flap while talking. Does the flap flip all the way back on itself?

SO, I need a well-balanced, high quality plastic clip (quick releases are good), that does not have cumbersome flaps (or at least has flaps that fold back on the case/go away when used as a phone).

Thoughts?

Thanks

3waygeek

Dec 31, 2004
Duluth, GA
SO, I've been searching around the forums, looked at a TON of different cases. So far I like the look of this: http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=10100000_900000_11000164&products_id=6562

BUT I don't like the plastic over the keyboard and how annoying is that flap when you're trying to talk on the phone? I don't want to be fiddling with a GD flap while talking. Does the flap flip all the way back on itself?
I don't know about the book-style case, but I have the PDAir flip case, which has the flap hinge at the bottom. On that case, the front flap folds back very nicely. The snap strap on the top that holds the front flap closed doesn't fold back so well, but I've only had the case 2 weeks so it'll probably loosen up a bit over time.

h0mersimps0n

Oct 9, 2007
Does this case work for you?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlsleeve/htc-kaiser-designio-leather-sleeve_2642.htm

I received mine this week and am satisfied. There is no hole to access the reset button, but that's a minor issue.

Do you have any pics with your phone in it?

Have you had any problems with the belt clip screw coming loose?

I think I need something that protects the screen too... I'll have to think it over...

3WAYGEEK- thank you for the reply- that's exactly the info I was looking for, now I just need to find someone who has the side flap...

Thanks guys

skins07

Mar 14, 2007
Do you have any pics with your phone in it?

Have you had any problems with the belt clip screw coming loose?

I think I need something that protects the screen too... I'll have to think it over...

3WAYGEEK- thank you for the reply- that's exactly the info I was looking for, now I just need to find someone who has the side flap...

Thanks guys

Sorry, I have no pictures. There are images without the phone on the Boxwave site.

There have not been any problems with the clip and screw.

I do use a screen protector, but this case does leave the screen open, a feature I was seeking.