Build environment

Search This thread

shaqfu786

Sep 21, 2012
Port Elizabeth
Hi guys
If I wanted to setup a build environment in win7 with virtual box, how much memory and disc space do I need to allocate?
My system has 4 GB memory and my windows partition is 100Gb on a 1.5 terabyte hard drive.also my win7 is 32bit but can handle 64bit.
Can load 64bit Linux on VB?
Oops wrong section

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

troopii

Hi guys
If I wanted to setup a build environment in win7 with virtual box, how much memory and disc space do I need to allocate?
My system has 4 GB memory and my windows partition is 100Gb on a 1.5 terabyte hard drive.also my win7 is 32bit but can handle 64bit.
Oops wrong section

i dont know if its possible to get a vm with 64bit os on a 32bit wint7 running. you have to try it
my vm has 150 gb, if you start play with the sources and download more stuff the diskspace will reach fast the limit

Reactions: shaqfu786

shaqfu786

Sep 21, 2012
Port Elizabeth
I have just loaded 32 bit Ubuntu in vb to test, assigned 20 GB space and 1 Meg ram of 4meg.its extremely slow.My system is 2.6 duelcore. Do I need more ram to make it run smooth,maybe 8 Meg?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys
    Oops wrong section

i dont know if its possible to get a vm with 64bit os on a 32bit wint7 running. you have to try it
    my vm has 150 gb, if you start play with the sources and download more stuff the diskspace will reach fast the limit
    its wrong forum and for more ram you need 64bit processor