[root][port][p600] cf-auto root

Search This thread

ckelly33

Dec 25, 2008
MartinTN
I'm about ready to root and be done with it. What is meant by e-fuse? Do some apps quit working once Knox is tripped? I remember reading some speculation on this but don't know what was determined for sure.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: swaggerjacker

ntony17

Nov 22, 2010
Sorry... this is only for exynos version?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

bmw-boy

Dec 2, 2009
Zambia
Hi guys

For ppl have P601 the cf-auto root are working perfectly My device is rooted now

just use the same method and flash the stock recovery here instate of the one include with cf-auto root file

enjoy :good::good::good::good::good:

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile

hpblze

Nov 17, 2010
P601

For ton of P601 users this is godsend , thanxx for the tip ...

will root this thing now and remove all the crap thats slowing this beast down.

btw it would be cool if you could make another thread for the P601 rooting method so that people can easy see it.

Hi guys

For ppl have P601 the cf-auto root are working perfectly My device is rooted now

just use the same method and flash the stock recovery here instate of the one include with cf-auto root file

enjoy :good::good::good::good::good:

Reactions: bmw-boy

Taxmaster

Nov 29, 2012
Detroit, MI
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying one of these for my mother in law for Christmas but I want to root it and this looks like the solution.

Question:
1. Will this work with this model specifically (it is a P600 variant but I want to be sure): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/2078005.p?id=1219068488089&skuId=2078005

2. Is that model 4G out of the box but no service without a SIM for the carrier?

3. After rooting, can I still install a T Mobile SIM to this model and take advantage of that 200MB free data plan?

I greatly appreciate your help!!!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
Bean's ROM 18 w/Perseus 33.6 Kernel

nrage23

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying one of these for my mother in law for Christmas but I want to root it and this looks like the solution.

Question:
1. Will this work with this model specifically (it is a P600 variant but I want to be sure): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/2078005.p?id=1219068488089&skuId=2078005

2. Is that model 4G out of the box but no service without a SIM for the carrier?

3. After rooting, can I still install a T Mobile SIM to this model and take advantage of that 200MB free data plan?

I greatly appreciate your help!!!

Sent via Tapatalk 2 using my:

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605)
Unlocked, Overclocked, and Undervolted
Bean's ROM 18 w/Perseus 33.6 Kernel

It is the wifi only version P600 (Exynos 5). The LTE version is P605 (Snapdragon 800) and the 3g version is P601 (Exynos 5). Only the P600 is available in the US.

dildano

Nov 10, 2008
I understand that this root method will trip Knox, but I also hear that any custom recovery will also trip it. So is it worth waiting for a root method that won't trip Knox if you plan to load custom ROMs anyway?

ssully150

Dec 19, 2012
Louisville
new firmware?

I just bought a note 10.1 and almost immediately after connecting to wifi, it prompted an ota firmware update. Without thinking I allowed it, but am scared to attempt to root for fear of device brickage. I read something about updating via kies, and is it the same update? Can I still use this method to root? I haven't connected to kies, is there anything before flashing in odin that I need to do?

snake2332

Dec 26, 2010
Montana
For anyone that was having issues like me getting ADB drivers working in Win7 64-bit, I found that I had to install Samsung Kies, the old version, not Kies3. Once I had that installed, it worked and the tablet showed the prompt for allowing ADB access. I forgot how I did it before and was updating to MK1 on a different computer and was starting to get frustrated, so hopefully this helps.

Have other people just been using Kies3 and it works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Warranty Counter Built into the Bootloader of the Note 10.1.

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into download mode again and flash the stock mj4 recovery provided
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: p600Autoroot.7z(mega)

Disclaimer: when using root apps the system will try to stop you so its recommended to freeze the knox apps with titanium backup or rom toolbox!

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
    if you can Donate: Here it would be preffered and leave your xda username as a comment if not here works as well

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49!
    Hi,
    If I root my tablet will I still be able to do the sistem updates that samsung sends?? If so, will I lose the root ?
    thanks!

Cody forgets that we all learn somehow. Hopefully someone will repay his answer with the same (no offense Cody)

Typically updates still come if you only root, but don't take them until you've seen the effects of others doing it. You may lose root and never get it back.

Custom Roms will almost always block updates.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    rooted my tab a few days ago now, just do the folowing :

1) use ODIN 3.09 to flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 (link here : http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938873/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip and MD5 is d7cbf6de350a5a15dc6e9ac22042cf95)
    2) use TB to remove unwanted apps (like knox)

I also flashed TWRP but it's not mandatory (just easier to manage roms or backups).
    I just D/L thru mega link in beans original message. Unzipped file & ran through ODIN AP slot. On reboot, it showed the script verbiage running through the root steps, but tablet DID NOT ROOT. Further weird is that SuperSU icon was installed, but somehow it has since vanished. Immediately after reboot I ran my licensed (legit purchase!) copy of TiBu and it said root wasn't active. The procedure did trip Knox, which is no big deal since this thing is a few months out of warranty anyway. Just trying to figure out why the CF file didn't work. Wonder if it has anything to do with versions? I started with 4.4.4 and now the tablet's "About" screen shows 4.4.2. Good news is that everything on the tablet appears to still be working fine.

Any ideas??

EDIT: One more item of note. When ODIN finishes its thing, the PC software interface status shows RESET on a blue background, and the instructions say that should show PASS on green. Tablet auto-reboots from there without me having to do anything.
    The file in the OP of this thread works on 4.3, but not 4.4.x

Use this instead:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-10-2014/development/root-cf-auto-root-t2905495
    Stock MK1 recovery

I zipped up the MK1 recovery md5 so you can flash this with odin after rooting. Just unzip and put the recovery.tar.md5 file in the AP slot after rooting.