[Q] stuck in twrp without rom

Search This thread

benjaminbutton

Jan 28, 2014
Initially, I wanted to flash cm-11, so I deleted the cm10.1.3 rom (my bad). cm-11 would not install, so I have no rom that is able to install, getting me stuck in twrp.

I looked at guides on XDA and updated the adb drivers through the Oppo website (which does not include the find 5 x909 model in the description, but this driver is the only one available) and installed the latest android SDK.

In device manager (windows 8.1), my find 5 is recognized by my computer. So I go into the android sdk=>sdk=>platform-tools and open the command prompt. I typed "adb devices" and it prints out the model number and recovery, as it is supposed to. But when I try and sideload cyanogenmod using "adb sideload cm-10.1.3-find5.zip", it prints out "error: closed". When I type in "adb push cm-10.1.3-find5.zip/sdcard/cm-10.1.3-find5zip", it prints out many lines of code but does not sideload anything onto my device. "adb usb" also does not work. I have tried restarting my computer and the phone but it has not worked.

I disassembled my phone to try and access the internal memory in the hopes that it would be a microsd card, but it is not.

I now have 2 options to fix my phone:
1) fix the command prompt error (which could be due to the wrong adb file I am using or some other problem)
2) use a mini usb to sd card adapter and try to access the rom from an external sd card.

Would option 2 even work, such that twrp would recognize an external sd card? What can I do to fix my phone through option 1? Please get back to me, as I would not appreciate using my phone as a paper weight. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you activate Sideload in twrp? Look in the advanced menu.

Then try the 'adb sideload...' command again.

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app