[Q] Replace software menu buttons

Search This thread

itkowitz

Sep 12, 2013
I saw on the One M8, the three menu buttons at the bottom are now software buttons. Would it be possible to replace them with a different launcher? Has anyone tried?

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
I saw on the One M8, the three menu buttons at the bottom are now software buttons. Would it be possible to replace them with a different launcher? Has anyone tried?

That's not done through a launcher, and will likely require root. Changing the button images is definitely a possibility though, a lot of ROM's do it on other devices.

Reactions: Tigerstown

Nov 21, 2012
You will need root/xposed to do this, or a custom rom. Roms like PA, AOKP, CM, or combinations of those have pie controls which is a great way to navigate. I was hoping HTC would switch to on screen buttons so I could make use of pie and get more screen space. No, you cannot do this in stock firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's not done through a launcher, and will likely require root. Changing the button images is definitely a possibility though, a lot of ROM's do it on other devices.