Body Glove Red Case

Search This thread

06stang

Jun 25, 2010
Albuquerque
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This case is awesome. I first wanted one when I got my Skullcandy case for my iPod touch and have been waiting for one built for an Android phone since. I like the case because it doesnt fall apart like other hard cases when its dropped. It slides together with the small black bottom piece and stays together. I found it pretty cheap on eBay and would highly recommend it. Matches the phone colors perfect with the deep red.

http://www.bodyglovemobile.com/product/htc-rezound-icon-case-red-flat-back-no-clip,339,19.htm

9248201.jpg

06stang

Jun 25, 2010
Albuquerque
Pretty easy. It fits snug because of the felt lining inside the case but it's easier than one of those hard jelly cases

PaulQ602

Nov 19, 2010
+1. This case is awesome. I've had it for a month. Last I checked, Amazon also had it for a decent price. (Not as cheap as eBay though)

...Sent from my Tab

murhaava1

Jan 19, 2012
thanks 06stang and quikfinger00. I just bought one off ebay as well. I also have the commuter so I'll let you guys know what I think about the differences once it comes in!

quikfinger00

Feb 3, 2012
Huntington Park
Hey fellas. My case came in yesterday! :) this case surpassed my expectations. The red color is more of a dark metallic color and actually looks pretty beastly. All my prior phones (blackberries, voyager, incredible, DROID x, thunderbolt, gnex have had black cases but I really have to say that the color on this case is the shnit. I love the soft rubber feel and like the nice lip around the screen. Thin enough to keep the phone thin but thick enough to keep the phone safe in case of drops to the face. The interior has a quality feel (soft velour) to it and the phones fits snugly in the case. The case is also easy to connect together and remove for easy battery swaps. I have a otterbox commuter case coming in as well but I think I'll be keeping this one on more often except for when I need added protection or a more professional look for business meetings, etc, etc. I'll post pics tomorrow and will post back about my quick thoughts for the commuter case..

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Reactions: 06stang

murhaava1

Jan 19, 2012
Hey guys, so I've been using the body glove case for a couple days now. I definitely like the slimmer form factor compared to the commuter.

Pros: Definitely slimmer then the commuter.
It fits and covers the phone nicely so you see the whole screen (the commuter covers about half the htc logo).
Quick to get off in case you need to pull the battery.
Appears to be pretty sturdy and has a really snug fit.
Has a little bit of a less slippery back since its very lightly textured.
Has openings for the mics and what not where the commuter covers some of them
Colors and look is sweet.

Cons:
It doesnt have any internal padding on the sides so I dont know how well it would protect the phone from a hard drop if it landed anywhere besides on its back.
The back is still kind of slippery, but a little less then the commuter feels imo.

So far I like it and will probably only use the commuter at times if I know im going to be doing something that its more prone to getting dropped liked going out to the bars.
Hope this helps anybody thats been kindof iffy on whether or not to buy

quikfinger00

Feb 3, 2012
Huntington Park
Theres a tiny bit of paint chipping where the two pieces meet. It also seems like theres a bit of metal underneath that paint. Maybe its just chrome plastic. This case looks to be of much better quality then previous cases made by body glove

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Reactions: Wobblin30

06stang

Jun 25, 2010
Albuquerque
Had the case since the beginning of January and it's looking fantastic. No drops but lots of sliding around on tables and banging around a car shop.

IMAG0041-1.jpg

IMAG0044-1.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

thatsricci

Nov 28, 2011
I bit on this case because of this thread, just got it in.

it is light years beyond the oem htc plastic case from verizon with the red back/htc logo...

this case is the bees knees for me so far... love it.

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter
I have this case also...

Along with a Seidio Active case...

The Body Glove does fit very snug on the ReZound...

Question I have is, has anyone had an issue with the case scratching the gloss edges of the phone?

I had this issue with my Dinc and a Seidio case.

Lego

thatsricci

Nov 28, 2011
ya, i've had the body glove case put some small scratches on the 'chrome edge' of the device... nothing i can't forget about, but it's definitely noticeable.

06stang

Jun 25, 2010
Albuquerque
Just dropped it for the first time while walking the dog. Ouch...

Pretty much killed the top edge of the case. Bummer

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Jan 19, 2012
Johnston
I've had mine for a few months now, It's still in descent shape, had a few falls. It fits great, and looks good. I use it in combo w/ the zagg shield.

It did scratch the chrome around the edge of the phone, but nothing to terrible.

overall a great case.

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
I just purchased this. I've been looking for a decent case. I did like the Body Glove when I had it on my Original Droid, although it was a poor design because of the Droid's slide-out keyboard, but I still liked the feel of it. Looking forward to this. I should get it by the end of this week coming up.

Reactions: taptaptouch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. This case is awesome. I first wanted one when I got my Skullcandy case for my iPod touch and have been waiting for one built for an Android phone since. I like the case because it doesnt fall apart like other hard cases when its dropped. It slides together with the small black bottom piece and stays together. I found it pretty cheap on eBay and would highly recommend it. Matches the phone colors perfect with the deep red.

http://www.bodyglovemobile.com/product/htc-rezound-icon-case-red-flat-back-no-clip,339,19.htm

9248201.jpg
    Yup! Surely is :) ill let you guys know how it is when I receive it in the mail

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Hey fellas. My case came in yesterday! :) this case surpassed my expectations. The red color is more of a dark metallic color and actually looks pretty beastly. All my prior phones (blackberries, voyager, incredible, DROID x, thunderbolt, gnex have had black cases but I really have to say that the color on this case is the shnit. I love the soft rubber feel and like the nice lip around the screen. Thin enough to keep the phone thin but thick enough to keep the phone safe in case of drops to the face. The interior has a quality feel (soft velour) to it and the phones fits snugly in the case. The case is also easy to connect together and remove for easy battery swaps. I have a otterbox commuter case coming in as well but I think I'll be keeping this one on more often except for when I need added protection or a more professional look for business meetings, etc, etc. I'll post pics tomorrow and will post back about my quick thoughts for the commuter case..

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Theres a tiny bit of paint chipping where the two pieces meet. It also seems like theres a bit of metal underneath that paint. Maybe its just chrome plastic. This case looks to be of much better quality then previous cases made by body glove

Sent from my HTC Rezound
    I just purchased this. I've been looking for a decent case. I did like the Body Glove when I had it on my Original Droid, although it was a poor design because of the Droid's slide-out keyboard, but I still liked the feel of it. Looking forward to this. I should get it by the end of this week coming up.