[ROM][4.1.2][WEEKLY] Official CyanogenMod 10 for HTC Holiday (Vivid/Raider/Velocity)

Search This thread

zippox180

Aug 30, 2010
sorry guys, trying to upload the newest build with working att in-call mic (thanks to homeslice), but im trying to get wifi straightened out again.

It was working by using the prop files, but it should work correctly from source....so if i cant get it to work in the next couple of hours, i'll manually toss the props in and build a quick one for you guys.

Take your time man you guys have been doing really well and all this work has gotten it to where it is now so I'm sure we can wait for it to be proper :)

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
sorry guys, trying to upload the newest build with working att in-call mic (thanks to homeslice), but im trying to get wifi straightened out again.

It was working by using the prop files, but it should work correctly from source....so if i cant get it to work in the next couple of hours, i'll manually toss the props in and build a quick one for you guys.

That's what I've been doing... and I would have never even been able to guess where to start looking if it wasnt for your original fix that enabled mic in other apps. So this has been an awesome group effort. I applaud that

Edit: im running aokp right now, but anyone elses capacitive button lights not work?

Sent from my Holiday using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rassawyer

Aug 8, 2012
Hanover
www.rassawyer.com

can someone point me to a tutorial on building from source and the source for the working in call mic version of this? I think I'm ready to take a leap of faith and learn to compile... Unless the latest version will be up before I could compile it on my Macbook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4gig 1067 MHz DDR3

FFXTDS

Jul 10, 2010
Burlington
psx-scene.com
That's what I've been doing... and I would have never even been able to guess where to start looking if it wasnt for your original fix that enabled mic in other apps. So this has been an awesome group effort. I applaud that

Edit: im running aokp right now, but anyone elses capacitive button lights not work?

I'm having the same with the capacitive lights.

Sent from my AT300 using xda app-developers app

big_yute

Jan 8, 2009
Toronto
Same here as well

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

I have the same issue as well but what I have noticed is that when I take the screen brightness off the "auto" setting that is the only time the lights don't work once the phone is put into sleep mode and then awakened. If I switch the auto setting back on then the lights work. Would be nice if they work regardless of the auto function is off or not.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zippox180

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Interesting.. I just turned auto brightness on and the backlights came on, then turned it rght back off without switching screens and they stayed on. Locked and unlocked and they're still on.

Yup.. after toggling auto brightness on and off capacitive lights work either way now. Nice find

XxSHaDoWxSLaYeRxX

Apr 26, 2012
Houston
www.ps3hax.net
Interesting.. I just turned auto brightness on and the backlights came on, then turned it rght back off without switching screens and they stayed on. Locked and unlocked and they're still on.

Yup.. after toggling auto brightness on and off capacitive lights work either way now. Nice find

really appreciate everyones work in bringing the best of jelly bean to this device!! we should build statues for these guys.

thanks again :)

hovadrive

Sep 20, 2010
Kingston
Honestly Guys My hat's off to you I have never seen such a team work in dev on a single Phone before I have been in Android for a while now and never really know that it takes so much work to what you guys do , Man you are all good Am a flashaholic from day 1 into Android but since i bought this phone I realize that the dev are the real man here .

THANKS AGAIN y'all

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Honestly Guys My hat's off to you I have never seen such a team work in dev on a single Phone before I have been in Android for a while now and never really know that it takes so much work to what you guys do , Man you are all good Am a flashaholic from day 1 into Android but since i bought this phone I realize that the dev are the real man here .

THANKS AGAIN y'all
When this is all good , wouldnt mind you guys porting some stuff from 4.2 like lock screen widgets and keyboard LOL just pushing it :)

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010

THANKS AGAIN y'all

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

When this is all good , wouldnt mind you guys porting some stuff from 4.2 like lock screen widgets and keyboard LOL just pushing it :)

Better to just port cm10.1 after this is fixed and nightlies start :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

VinnyCh4se

Jan 5, 2011
Bellmore
this rom was amazing super fast no wifi problems no need atleast in my case to turn off hardware overlay everything displayed correctly.

some bugs i found were: no voicemail number or way to set it up, sound from outside speaker was crackly and had tons of bass

cannothas

Jan 22, 2011
Durango

I can confirm this; I found it about 3 weeks ago - wanna say it was the time-frame where h8 was really sick - didn't report because mic wasn't working at all yet and I didn't want to "overload" the thread.

But exactly that happened on mine as well. (I'm s-on still, if that matters in this case)

*BUT*, now that mic is working I'm giving another go, and will report what all I find :)

hovadrive

Sep 20, 2010
Kingston
Better to just port cm10.1 after this is fixed and nightlies start :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
True true , Well whatever you do am with you lol . Now am just waiting for that latest build with the in-call fix , i really dont use Bluetooth
much so i dont mine so once this is up am gonna be using it for my daily and be off of sense array!!! well until if there is a sense 4+ with JB
:laugh: am pushing it right :victory:

ess.boyer

Jun 11, 2012
Saint John, NB
Where on earth is the auto brightness setting in PAC? I've seen it before, but I cant for the life of me find it now!

Sent from my Holiday using xda premium

camo_flage

Nov 17, 2012
I had this same problem and I'm also on rogers. Someone I know works at rogers as an engineer and talked to the guy who was reviewing the ICS update and he said it took so long because the internals of the phone were different than the bell and AT&T one.......

Sent from my HTC Raider on the Rogers Wireless Network

sadoway

May 28, 2008
Edmonton
I had this same problem and I'm also on rogers. Someone I know works at rogers as an engineer and talked to the guy who was reviewing the ICS update and he said it took so long because the internals of the phone were different than the bell and AT&T one.......

Sent from my HTC Raider on the Rogers Wireless Network

I know they were clocked different. Att is 1300 rogers was 1500

Which is a bummer Cus right now the jellybean Roma are clocked at 1300. I want 1500 back. As I use a rogers one.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I know they were clocked different. Att is 1300 rogers was 1500

Which is a bummer Cus right now the jellybean Roma are clocked at 1300. I want 1500 back. As I use a rogers one.

You should be able to adjust it under performance in settings...this had oc abilities from the start unless they've been removed without me knowing (I never oc)

Edit I'm dumb...forgot we switched kernel sources :p

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the official Weekly Build of CM10 for the HTC Holiday (Vivid 4G/Velocity/Raider).

Installation Instructions
    1. Go to http://get.cm/?device=holiday and download the latest weekly.
    2. Locate Gapps via a quick Google search.
    3. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM10 already.
    4. Reboot into recovery and install.

Remember, if you are S-On, you will have to take the boot.img out of the cm.zip and flash it manually via fastboot. If you flash this and your phone just reboots, you are most likely S-On and need to perform that procedure.

Changelog
    • You can find the latest Changelog here
    Github

Huge thanks:
    synergye, IOmonster & mg2195 - For getting the Holiday to where it was.
    intervigil - Helping me understand 8660 differences from 8960.
    homeslice - Helping out while I've been unavailable.
    So some pretty decent news so far, more to come:

* Bluetooth now initializes without an hci-kickstart (hopefully should get rid of that horrendous drain

Testing to validate this:
    * Battery drain is gone (UPDATE: had BT on w/o paired device for 30 min and then with paired device for 30 min. battery hasn't went down from 100%!)
    * a2dp audio works (UPDATE: Works like a champ!)
    * Bluetooth calling (UPDATE: works!)
    * Bluetooth Tethering (UPDATE: not working yet, will work on it)

I know i missed the "weekly" marker to get this stuff in, assuming it all works. But if it all does, I will build another build and give it to you today.

More to come.....good lord I'm excited this is finally starting to move forward!

UPDATE: I'm updating OP since i've pushed and merged these things into CM now :).
    Issues:
    • HW video playback may have artifacts or other issues. Turn on Force GPU Rendering in Developer Options to fix.
    How to use MTP to mount internal and external storage simultaneously:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Storage
    3. Press Menu key
    4. Choose "USB Connection Type"
    5. Choose "Media device (MTP)"
    * Windows will mount this automatically.

* Linux is a little tricky, but not too difficult, see the following:
    1. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules to include these lines for adb and mtp:
    2. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
    3. SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666"
    4. install gmtp; for debian/ubuntu type: sudo apt-get install gmtp
    5. open gmtp and hit the connect button (be patient)

Report all issues to the Issues List here. Don't create duplicate issues, just star the issue if you can reproduce as well.
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-32.png

Screenshot_2012-12-02-22-15-56.png
    Pretty sure i found how to squash that nasty wakelock eating battery from bluetooth. Lemme test and verify....If it works i'll put up a build with all the newest stuff tonight / tomorrow.

-h8