[MOD][XPOSED]Google Play Store (2013/07/05)

Search This thread

ahmadshawki

Aug 1, 2007
Mansoura
Everything worked and pushed thru except for the CWM recovery, however google play is still not working, i keep getting a connection timed out error which is what i was getting before this whole venture. it was working great until somehow yesterday ouya pushed an update to it even with having auto updates turned off.... now i cant get play working again....
I don't think it has anything to do with the OUYA, it's connected to the version of the play store. My Google play services is 5 0 89 (1307510-036) and the play store is 4.9.13
If they updated, you can still get them from the extracted folder and place them in their respected folders (probably in the system apps, but I'm not sure) and then change the permissions. Let me know if that works for your...

TRMB

Jan 30, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think it has anything to do with the OUYA, it's connected to the version of the play store. My Google play services is 5 0 89 (1307510-036) and the play store is 4.9.13
If they updated, you can still get them from the extracted folder and place them in their respected folders (probably in the system apps, but I'm not sure) and then change the permissions. Let me know if that works for your...

Hey I just looked and my play store is 4.9.13 but my play services is 5.0.88, where do you go to get your updated files? this way i can always locate them on my own...

TRMB

Jan 30, 2011
Vancouver
I'm sorry that I can't help you. Are you sure you have xposed infatuated and activated and play store installed and checked?

I am running the latest version of stable xposed (2.5.1) and everything seems to be properly functioning there, mod collection (5.1) and i have play store and services both installed, com.android.vending version 4.9.13 and com.google.android. 5.0.89- 1307510-38.

Im not really sure what to think, even my xbmc isnt running all that stable at this point. wondering if its time to take it back to the complete beggining and start over ( not just based on xbmc as its always been unstable for me)

ahmadshawki

Aug 1, 2007
Mansoura
I am running the latest version of stable xposed (2.5.1) and everything seems to be properly functioning there, mod collection (5.1) and i have play store and services both installed, com.android.vending version 4.9.13 and com.google.android. 5.0.89- 1307510-38.

Im not really sure what to think, even my xbmc isnt running all that stable at this point. wondering if its time to take it back to the complete beggining and start over ( not just based on xbmc as its always been unstable for me)

I don't use this anymore. It stopped working for me too a long time ago, and though people were still reporting it still works, I tried everything and it never did.
I use something called Play Store for OUYA Mod 1.0. I guess I got it from something called stockpluspatch. Anyway, I'm attaching it here so you might wanna try it. It works for me.
As for XBMC, I know everyone is complaining about it, but it works great for me. May be because I never tried it on any other system before, hahaha.
Anyway, you may want to try the "start fresh" from xbmchub. I don't know what sources or addons you have, but I reached a point where XBMC data folder exceeded 2.5 GB, so I deleted everything and started fresh. I only added the addons I really use and cleaned up my library. I don't have any special settings, just the basic stuff. But it works fine.
Anyway, let me know how it works for you...

Attachments

• Mod_PS4Ouya.apk
    229.1 KB · Views: 148

TRMB

Jan 30, 2011
Vancouver
I don't use this anymore. It stopped working for me too a long time ago, and though people were still reporting it still works, I tried everything and it never did.
I use something called Play Store for OUYA Mod 1.0. I guess I got it from something called stockpluspatch. Anyway, I'm attaching it here so you might wanna try it. It works for me.
As for XBMC, I know everyone is complaining about it, but it works great for me. May be because I never tried it on any other system before, hahaha.
Anyway, you may want to try the "start fresh" from xbmchub. I don't know what sources or addons you have, but I reached a point where XBMC data folder exceeded 2.5 GB, so I deleted everything and started fresh. I only added the addons I really use and cleaned up my library. I don't have any special settings, just the basic stuff. But it works fine.
Anyway, let me know how it works for you...

so i have no idea what is going on but nothing will work anymore, i can access it via wired and wireless adb but it wont take anything, it will no longer accept root, supersu will install but cant update and fails, without root busy box wont work either i have tried about every method i could find on XDA to try and get it working but it just wont take anything anymore.......

it has me so fed up it was on the cusp of taking a plunge from my highrise but instead i put a request in with OUYA to stop being bozos and just give the power to the people as i remember having read with my own eyes when it was a kickstarter......

im open to any advice at this point, i may just be getting lost among the many different methods but i am willing to try anything. i have tried factory reset and cache clear however the play store and services have managed to stay thru that and makes me wonder if maybe something else has stayed in the background with all of this effort

ahmadshawki

Aug 1, 2007
Mansoura
so i have no idea what is going on but nothing will work anymore, i can access it via wired and wireless adb but it wont take anything, it will no longer accept root, supersu will install but cant update and fails, without root busy box wont work either i have tried about every method i could find on XDA to try and get it working but it just wont take anything anymore.......

it has me so fed up it was on the cusp of taking a plunge from my highrise but instead i put a request in with OUYA to stop being bozos and just give the power to the people as i remember having read with my own eyes when it was a kickstarter......

im open to any advice at this point, i may just be getting lost among the many different methods but i am willing to try anything. i have tried factory reset and cache clear however the play store and services have managed to stay thru that and makes me wonder if maybe something else has stayed in the background with all of this effort

I replied on the other thread. I hope you caught it. By the way, there is a new app in the block. It should support the OUYA in the near future, may be you can use it.
Check this thread...

TRMB

Jan 30, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks I was able to get it working, I'm still having no luck with google play store though, I've given up on it for now, just wish I could get it figured out was all.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Thanks I was able to get it working, I'm still having no luck with google play store though, I've given up on it for now, just wish I could get it figured out was all.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Latest xposed don't work with Google play but not sure

Envoyé de mon ZP990 en utilisant Tapatalk

Obed gultom

Sep 14, 2018
Bantuan

this module does not provide a user interface apa penyebab muncul seperti ini di module exposed installer

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Yeah I'm well gutted now nothing at all works to be fair without play store, I just cannot get it to hold the play store from the packages around on the net, without it it's useless, and all these versions of android tv for the ouya do not install on my version without the screen size being miles under my screen size it's like a quarter of the size of my screen on a 50" tv all the stock android versions are too glitchy and lackluster on the stability side.

I do not understand why anyone makes anything for the ouya relating to android 5 any way??? Why not make adroid 6 instead so we can use adopted storage it's a must, and also compatability for apps would be vastly improved as I think would the speeds over 5.0 derivitives like lineage and cyanogenmod. I've installed the 6.0.1 os onto an old s805 device with 1gb ram and that worked amazing all games adopted storage, but I really think it's time to make 6.0+ on ouya.

Everyone just makes those 5.0 os's instead of advancing and maintaining the life expectancy of the console like they should, if I could make an os I'd do it 6 or over period, with adopted storage so we can have eg. a 1tb drive for all our games etc and actually download them and use them on 6.0+.

The same is said for the wikipad someone needs to make a 5.0 or 6.0+ android os for that to and upload it.

Or even cooler than all the ouya only stuff, why doesn't/hasn't someone made a tegra 3 firmware kitchen auto maker tool click and produce roms for the tegra 3 systems that way it would be awesome, you could select ram and rom size, add your own pictures for background, set tv standards for tv consoles and resolution to what you want, now that would make things really interesting.

Last edited:

felideo

Jan 26, 2011
I was able to make it work

I got a functional and updated Google Play on OUYA.

Summing up, I try install CM11, AOSP, Lineage and every have a different problem. I almost brick the OUYA so decided back to stock rom.

So I back stock rom version RC-OUYA-1.2.1427-r1_ota.zip, install root, busybox, framework exposed, ouya mod collection and the google play. A simple and default installation.

For test, I enter on google play, log and try install any app. Works. I remember one time, that I reinstall google play and that works only one time and back not work.

So I think in update google play, maybe they keep working. I install that two app to update Google Play play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo and play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phuongpn.playservicesinfo

Whit update through these apps the google play keep working!

My theories:
1 => On install and first run google play on ouya, that work, but after, something downloaded block operation. Whit updated, google keep working.

2 => How a install various Roms before and the Google apps for this roms, any specific file stayed on sdcard and possibility normal operation of google play.

I hope that this technical helps.

PS: I do not know if it is because update of Google Play, but Amazon Prime Video pass to work :D

Spotify, Netflix and Deezer working to.

Sorry about bad English.

Last edited:
Reactions: pWEN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I've built a dirty mod using Xposed framework to get Google Play store to work.

Script Installation

Requirement: Root your Ouya, adb tools
    Files you need: ps4ouya_script.zip , download and extract them
    1. Sideload the Xposed framework, download link and installation guide from here.
    2. Execute RunMe.bat, that's it

Do this if the script didn't work
    Manual Installation
    Requirement: Root your Ouya, busybox installed, adb tools
    Files you need: ps4ouya.zip , download and extract them
    1. Sideload the Xposed framework, download link and installation guide from here.
    2. Sideload Mod_PS4Ouya.apk and enable "Play Store Mod For Ouya" in the Xposed app
    3. Push these Google apk to /system/app
      Code:
      adb push com.android.vending.apk /sdcard/com.android.vending.apk
      adb push com.google.android.gms.apk /sdcard/com.google.android.gms.apk
      adb push GoogleLoginService.apk /sdcard/GoogleLoginService.apk
      adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /sdcard/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
      adb push NetworkLocation.apk /sdcard/NetworkLocation.apk
      Code:
      adb shell
      In the shell
      Code:
      su
      mount -orw,remount /system
      cat /sdcard/com.android.vending.apk > /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
      cat /sdcard/com.google.android.gms.apk > /system/app/com.google.android.gms.apk
      cat /sdcard/GoogleLoginService.apk > /system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk
      cat /sdcard/GoogleServicesFramework.apk > /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
      cat /sdcard/NetworkLocation.apk > /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
      chmod 644 /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
      chmod 644 /system/app/com.google.android.gms.apk
      chmod 644 /system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk
      chmod 644 /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
      chmod 644 /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
      mount -oro,remount /system
      reboot

Now the Play Store should ready to work.
    If you can't find the Play Store in the MAKE menu, sideload the com.android.vending.apk again.
    Code:
    adb install -r com.android.vending.apk

Please see my other project
    Mod Collection For Ouya(Play Store, OTA root keeper, Disable Auto Update, Overscan Fix & 720p)
    Since the dev is MIA on this... Im gonna tear this apart and try fixing the google play error. I want this fixed as well. I perfer my stock system. May e one day, Ouya will give out a good system update and i dont want to miss it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    source attached
    just confirming paid ouya apps and paid play store apps working!
    If you are having trouble, like I was, use this code instead. The only change I made was using cat instead of cp. Thanks again to all those involved in getting Google Play to work.

Code:
    su
    cat /sdcard/com.android.vending.apk > /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
    cat /sdcard/com.google.android.gms.apk > /system/app/com.google.android.gms.apk
    cat /sdcard/GoogleLoginService.apk > /system/app/GoogleLoginService.apk
    cat /sdcard/GoogleServicesFramework.apk > /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    cat /sdcard/NetworkLocation.apk > /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
    reboot

Hi, I've built a dirty mod using Xposed framework to get Google Play store to work.

Installation
    Requirement: Root your Ouya, busybox installed, adb tools
    Files you need: ps4ouya.zip , download and extract them
    2. Sideload Mod_PS4Ouya.apk and enable "Play Store Mod For Ouya" in the Xposed app
    3. Push these Google apk to /system/app
      Code:
      adb push com.android.vending.apk /sdcard/com.android.vending.apk
      adb push com.google.android.gms.apk /sdcard/com.google.android.gms.apk
      adb push GoogleLoginService.apk /sdcard/GoogleLoginService.apk
      adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /sdcard/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
      adb push NetworkLocation.apk /sdcard/NetworkLocation.apk
      Code:
      adb shell
      In the shell
      Code:
      su
      cp /sdcard/com.android.vending.apk /system/app
      cp /sdcard/com.google.android.gms.apk /system/app
      cp /sdcard/GoogleLoginService.apk /system/app
      cp /sdcard/GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/app
      cp /sdcard/NetworkLocation.apk /system/app
      reboot

Now the Play Store should ready to work.
    If you can't find the Play Store in the MAKE menu, sideload the com.android.vending.apk again.
    Code:
    adb install -r com.android.vending.apk