[Q] S3 Mini Bricked?

Search This thread

Barry2013

Aug 13, 2013
Trying to recover S3 mini. When received, would not boot (hung on initial Samsung logo). Powered up in download mode. Loaded "I8190XXAMC1_I8190OJVAMC1_HOME.tar.md5" with Oden. Now boots (takes about 3 minutes) but device information is displayed on the main screen (attachment.

Can't connect with Kies.

Can't connect with S3 Mini Toolkit.

Can someone explain what state it is in and what to do next?

Attachments

• 20130814_132036.jpg
    20130814_132036.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 155

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Trying to recover S3 mini. When received, would not boot (hung on initial Samsung logo). Powered up in download mode. Loaded "I8190XXAMC1_I8190OJVAMC1_HOME.tar.md5" with Oden. Now boots (takes about 3 minutes) but device information is displayed on the main screen (attachment.

Can't connect with Kies.

Can't connect with S3 Mini Toolkit.

Can someone explain what state it is in and what to do next?

you are in factory mode, did you lose also lockscreen and power menu??

you must be rooted:
with a root explorer go to efs/FactoryApp/factorymode, open factory mode file and change it to on then save, long press on the file and fix permission (tick all) save, reboot

Barry2013

Aug 13, 2013
Factory mode

you are in factory mode, did you lose also lockscreen and power menu??

you must be rooted:
with a root explorer go to efs/FactoryApp/factorymode, open factory mode file and change it to on then save, long press on the file and fix permission (tick all) save, reboot

Factory mode sounds right. No lockscreen, No power menu. Always reboots with USB debugging disabled.

Looks like the /efs folder is corrupted. Get "Failed to mout /efs" when booting in recovery mode.

Searched forums. Not clear what to do next.

xoxol4t3

Dec 30, 2011
i've got same situation "maybe"..
but my s3 mini can use normally but except charge the phone...
phone cant charging up battery, just icon appear but not up percentage of charge..
and usb not detected..

i dont know exactly the prob of mine..
maybe "i've rooted and install Rom and restore Stock Rom" and tried to change some icon in Stock Rom..
and its start the problem with when charging up to 99% suddenly drop down one by one percentage battery..

and send to samsung warranty, they send me back the phone since my phone is rooted "i assume", haha.. they didn't tell me y not repaired....

so solution :
install back Custom Rom, and restore back stock rom ( fortunately i've got backups )
and tried to charging and tried usb to pc, it works normally...

i thought port usb and charging damage and nearly want sent to shop to repair.. haha:laugh:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Factory mode sounds right. No lockscreen, No power menu. Always reboots with USB debugging disabled.

Looks like the /efs folder is corrupted. Get "Failed to mout /efs" when booting in recovery mode.

Searched forums. Not clear what to do next.

mount efs partition before editing efs folder, type in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
reboot

Barry2013

Aug 13, 2013
mount efs partition before editing efs folder, type in terminal emulator:
Code:
su
mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
reboot

I was spending way too much time on this, so sent it off to a repair shop. They have had it for 3 months and came to the conclusion the folder containing the ENS is corrupted and they don't know how to fix that. I think this is the /efs partition.

The last suggestion on this forum was to make and mount the efs partition from a terminal emulator. Can anyone tell me how to install a terminal emulator?

aluk4rd

Jul 2, 2013
Regensburg
I was spending way too much time on this, so sent it off to a repair shop. They have had it for 3 months and came to the conclusion the folder containing the ENS is corrupted and they don't know how to fix that. I think this is the /efs partition.

The last suggestion on this forum was to make and mount the efs partition from a terminal emulator. Can anyone tell me how to install a terminal emulator?

if you r on stock rom i think you must be rooted. and i think you need busybox. an emulator is for example THIS one from store.

loukman

Sep 4, 2013
khroub
vecaicl difcovered

i sufered from the same problem its the efs folder its corupted and i solve the problem with this prerooted stock rom http :// goo.gl/c9 Tmu