Cannot turn on wifi or bluetooth

Search This thread

d3cypher

Dec 17, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Just got a P600 4 days ago. Worked great till this morning. Turned it on and wifi was turned off. Tried to turn it on and it keeps sliding back to off position. The same for blue tooth. Tried a regular reset and factory reset. Neither helped. Couldn't find anything in the forums about this specific issue. Don't know what else to do.

d3cypher

Dec 17, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Installed TWRP from bigbiff's thread in the original development. Everything went well. Had not decided on a rom yet so I was waiting to flash. Wifi was working a couple of days after I installed the recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

eftygio

Jul 12, 2014
wifi and bluetooth dead out of the blue

Installed TWRP from bigbiff's thread in the original development. Everything went well. Had not decided on a rom yet so I was waiting to flash. Wifi was working a couple of days after I installed the recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

Hi,

Did you find what the problem was in the end?
I am experiencing the same problem since one month now (12 June). The wifi doesn't switch on neither the bluetooth. The "led" remains light green forever...
I addressed the problem to the local customer support service (Italy) and got the response that they cannot do anything because my device was bought in US, neither if I paid them.

Since then I have rooted the device,
I did factory reset
Rooted the device
Erased some files that are suppose to solve the same problem in S4
Tried flashing various mods
removed and repluged the battery

Nothing helped.

I don't believe that it is a hardware problem as it occured all of a sudden without any reason (hitting or damaging the device). Unfortunately I am totally ignorant on android. Right now I am looking for a way to undestand at least if this is a hardware problem in order to give up and go buy a Ipad (at least you can pay them for fixing their own devices).....

In any case thanks in advance for any feedback you may have

d3cypher

Dec 17, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Hi,

Did you find what the problem was in the end?
I am experiencing the same problem since one month now (12 June). The wifi doesn't switch on neither the bluetooth. The "led" remains light green forever...
I addressed the problem to the local customer support service (Italy) and got the response that they cannot do anything because my device was bought in US, neither if I paid them.

Since then I have rooted the device,
I did factory reset
Rooted the device
Erased some files that are suppose to solve the same problem in S4
Tried flashing various mods
removed and repluged the battery

Nothing helped.

I don't believe that it is a hardware problem as it occured all of a sudden without any reason (hitting or damaging the device). Unfortunately I am totally ignorant on android. Right now I am looking for a way to undestand at least if this is a hardware problem in order to give up and go buy a Ipad (at least you can pay them for fixing their own devices).....

In any case thanks in advance for any feedback you may have

I sent my P600 in about 3 weeks ago. According to the reciept that was sent back with it, they replaced the wifi / bluetooth component. It came back with all my data and accounts still set up on it so i do not think its a software issue. They didnt charge me for the repair but im in the US.

m3xia

Dec 13, 2016
Hello guys,

Few weeks ago I started having the same issue. If I turned my wifi off for any reason whatsoever, I wasn't able to turn it on again. I searched a bunch of forums with people trying to figure out how to solve that same problem, but no real solution...well... there is the obvious one, sending the device to guarantee. Unfortunatly, in my case, that wasn't an option, so I decided to start some experiments of my own.
I was able to find a workaround, it's not a solution since the problem will appear again given the same circunstances.
Keep in mind that this worked for me, but I cannot tell for sure if it will work for you. Anyway, if you have this problem and guarantee it's not a option I would give it a try before starting to think about opening the device or even replace the rom.

The workaround is really simple:

1 - Go to the Connections menu in Settings (where you turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth, etc);
2 - Turn on Flight mode;
3 - Turn on Wifi/Bluetooth (depending on your problem, apparently they both seem to happen);
4 - Turn off Flight mode.

And it's done. As I said before, this works for me and I can't guarantee that it WILL work for you.

Cumpz :)