[Rom][7-4-12][ZV9]Broken Out Revo 2.0 w/ BlitzKrieg Kernel

Search This thread

Spectre1206

Nov 1, 2011
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
I was able to update to V9 yesterday. I also was able to load BO1.1 For those of you who have done this are you having trouble with some Google apps and Verizon apps. My google music always force closes. Bug report showed it that it might be something with BO 1.1 being V8 and not V9. Would that be the issue. I hope so and can't wait till the next ROM.

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

mtmichaelson

Apr 5, 2009
Mt. Juliet, TN
I was able to update to V9 yesterday. I also was able to load BO1.1 For those of you who have done this are you having trouble with some Google apps and Verizon apps. My google music always force closes. Bug report showed it that it might be something with BO 1.1 being V8 and not V9. Would that be the issue. I hope so and can't wait till the next ROM.

Did you wipe data?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Spectre1206

Nov 1, 2011
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
i wiped everything on each upgrade. The first time I tried i never wiped. There were a ton of issues so I tried again and wiped everything. It seems like V9 might have some things associated with it that 1.1 doesn't. The VZ data app also doesn't work. So far they are the two i am having trouble with. Google drive had forced closed twice and then worked after that.

meabrams

Sep 9, 2009
If you're charging it in the car it's gonna take a lot longer than a wall but it should never take 10 hours for a battery to charge unless it's a huge one. On average this phone takes 2.5 hours to charge this phone without use and like 3 or 3.5 with use.

That's what I thought. When I am charging wireless is off and CPU is set @ 122 mhz for the low end and high end @ 768 mhz and change to powersave via ROM tool box.... So I guess it's off to VZW to warranty the phone out

Sent from my VS910 4G Broken Out Beta powered by Mt using XDA

thrasherht

Feb 5, 2011
Saginaw
My phone gets the vibe of death a lot. At least every day or every other day. So I'm thinking about taking my phone in to get it replaced, again.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

stackrat

Jun 10, 2009
No. Kentucky/Cincinnati
My phone gets the vibe of death a lot. At least every day or every other day. So I'm thinking about taking my phone in to get it replaced, again.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
A few pages back, I stated that I had quite a lot of VOD's. I think I may have fixed my problem - I haven't had a VOD in the over a week since I did this (knock on wood).

Note that, fixing VODs was not the goal here. I was having problems with other apps not functioning properly and nothing else I tried worked. So I decided to do what any Windows PC user would do in this situation - a clean install. :D

Basically, I did a full wipe and clean reinstall of my phone. First, I backed up all my downloaded apps using ROM Toolbox (and copied them and anything else I wanted to save onto my ExternalSD). Then I formatted the internal sd-card; did a factory data reset through Settings > Privacy; and reloaded the V8 TOT using LGNPST. After that, I rooted, flashed Broken Out 1.1 and reinstalled my apps.

The whole process took a painful 5 hours to complete (surely less, if I knew what I was doing), but no VODs since. I'm theorizing that, somewhere along the way, I flashed back and forth between the stock and BO backup/restores and probably forgot to wipe the /data partition. Maybe something got corrupted on the partition between the two versions - maybe I just got lucky - or maybe I'll get a VOD after hitting the submit button for this post.

Now if I could only fix those damned screen-freezes - though they appear to be happening less frequently and only on certain apps (FB & eBay).

Spectre1206

Nov 1, 2011
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
When i was getting the VOD i took a look at when it was happening. I saw that i had it set to ring and vibrate at the same time and when i was getting the VOD was when i turned the volume down to vibrate. I changed it to ring only and haven't had the VOD since. Not sure if that helps but i have been VOD free for a couple of months.

ScallywagginIT

Aug 14, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
May I please have the download link for the new beta? I have been on a trip and missed the posts when MT sent out links. I've been using Broken Out Revo v1.1 since it was released but am anxious to try the new beta ROM.

Also, does anyone have a *rough* ETA for when the beta will be released? Thanks in advance!

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
May I please have the download link for the new beta? I have been on a trip and missed the posts when MT sent out links. I've been using Broken Out Revo v1.1 since it was released but am anxious to try the new beta ROM.

Also, does anyone have a *rough* ETA for when the beta will be released? Thanks in advance!
Don't ask for ETA's because the community is quite thankful I think it was drt to send MT his old Revo for him to even continue development on the Revo so just wait patiently.

marty28645

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Installing question

I am currently on running stock, rooted version 2.3.4. Can I flash this version over it even though its 2.3.6? Just want to make sure before I do anything. Thanks in advance

stackrat

Jun 10, 2009
No. Kentucky/Cincinnati
I am currently on running stock, rooted version 2.3.4. Can I flash this version over it even though its 2.3.6? Just want to make sure before I do anything. Thanks in advance

You shouldn't need to upgrade to the stock 2.3.6. You will need to do a complete wipe of your phone before installing. That goes for any switch to a different ROM.

Sent from my BrokenOut VS910 LG Revolution 4GLTE

Reactions: marty28645

I.M.famous XMAN

Dec 16, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Have you guys tweaked the stock ROM any? I mean with like loopy smoothness, ics tweaks from spc Hicks, or v6 supercharger? Seemed to make a big enough difference, inho. and blitz works just fine. Just remember to use script mngr to run the supercharger boot script at boot (99supercharger.sh or something, iirc)

Reactions: iamjerry123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Rom for the LG Revolution!!! It has been fully cleaned out to decrease size and to increase speed. It will continue to be a work in progress! I hope you all enjoy!!!

What is this?
    This is a very lightweight rom built both for speed and stability. This rom is based off of the latest LG update to Gingerbread 2.3.6. It is fully deodexed, and debloated. Almost all of LG has been replaced and as time goes by, I hope to remove the rest. Swype has also been changed to the newest Beta. A few items have been replaced with AOSP versions to increase speed and decrease size. Also included is the appwidgetpicker to clean that up.

Changelog
    v 2.0
    Rom:
    Updated to ZV9
    Updated all Apps
    Updated Super User and SU Binary
    Sony Xperia S Theme
    Replaced Calculator, Calender, and Email with CM7 Versions
    Added a Modified Spare Parts DSP Manager and CM File Manager
    Cleaned Up Browser Bookmarks
    I'm sure there is a lot more I am forgetting lol

Kernel:
    Overclocked to 2.1 Ghz (Does not mean your phone can handle it)
    Added Smoothass and Smartass2 Governors
    Added SIO I/O Scheduler
    Added 2 Way Call Recording
    Many Other Speed Mods

v 1.1
    Fix Problem With 3G

v 1.0
    Rom:
    Based Off of ZV8 Gingerbread
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Heavily Debloated
    Debinged the Browser
    Debinged
    Remapped Long Press Search For Google Voice Search
    Remapped VM Button in Dialer to Google Voice
    Custom Boot Animation
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Power Menu Mod
    Added CMScreenshot to Power Menu
    Accurate Battery Mod
    Center Clock Mod
    Cleaned Up Notification Pull Down
    Changed Low Battery Pop Up to 1%
    CRT Screen Shut Off
    Added ADW Launcher
    Updated all Apps Including Google Play
    Added AppWidgetPicker
    Newest Swype Beta
    Build.prop Tweaks
    Init.d Tweaks
    Loopy Smoothness Tweak
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Made My Own Host File From Several Sources to Block Ads
    Blocked All CIQ Logs From Verizon and Google (Requires Reboot After Install)

Screenshots
    Coming Soon

How do I install this?
    Must be on ZV8 or ZV9 before flashing!
    Otherwise you will have Sim problems!

1.) Download the .zip & make sure 4g is enabled.
    2.) Place zip in external sdcard
    3.) Back up
    4.) WIPE DATA!!! (You do not need to wipe if already on BrokenOut!)
    5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
    6.) Select BrokenOutRevo2.0.zip
    7.) Do not wipe data after flashing!!!
    8.) Reboot!
    9.) To Block CIQ Logs Requires Reboot After Initial Boot

Technical Info
    This rom includes edits to several jar files, xml's and build.prop edits. As time goes more will be done.

Special Thanks!!!
    DRT054 for donating his old Revolution
    majorpay for Long Press Search fix
    Beamer9408 for the battery charge idea and the initial thought for center battery
    Kane for the Clear button at bottom in pull down idea
    "The Gang" for testing and keeping me entertained on irc, if you haven't been by you should!!!

Donations
    For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!
    Alright boys and girls, here is a little overclocking and undervolting for ya!

http://db.tt/wRYwpwNF

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Just got source for ZV8!!!! Will play with it tonight!!!!
    I am sending MT my Revo so he may continue his awesome work. Should get it sometime this week.

sent from my HTC ReZound Clean ROM 1.4 DE
    Hey guys! Need some testers! First 3 to pm I will send a link. Got the new broken out running on drts old phone got 49 hours on the extended battery and sitting at 34% still! Just need some extra sets of eyes for visual stuff and to test things I don't use lol.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2