JB for WW variants

Search This thread

rickc3k

Nov 27, 2011
My tf300t had originally a CN build and I updated it on the first boot to .30. Then converted to WW. I have waited several days but if I try to look for an update it says there is none. Not rooted or unlocked... Will I ever get it OTA or do I have to wait until the manual file is posted?

maspro

Aug 10, 2008
Still no Jelly Bean on stock non-rooted TF300.

Arrghh, still no update for my TF300, it keeps saying "no update available". I was rooted at first and maybe suspected I changed some system settings through some apps I had installed. So just to be sure I did a clean total reflash (including a factory reset) of the latest ICS firmware (WW_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip) from the Asus website. So now I'm completely stock, non-rooted and unlocked but still no update available. And it isn't like I had a failed install or something like that, it simply never offered the Jelly Bean firmware.

Last edited:

Grifter357

Aug 27, 2012
Quezon City
TF300T WW rollout to Philippines around 8 hours ago

Hello all,

The Jellybean OTA update was pushed to Philippine users today around 2am Aug 28 local time (GMT +8). I was excited to see the firmware downloading... At last! JellyBean!

I'm using a TF300T rooted but locked, using SuperSU and Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. One of the reasons I rooted the unit was to use EZOverclock.

The excitement I felt during the firmware download quickly turned into terror after applying the update and restoring root. After the reboot, the device got stuck in an endless bootloop.... :eek:

After desperately trying to troubleshoot the unit for two hours, I finally realized that the EZOverclock app was the cause of the problem. Managed to remove it and sighs in relief when the unit returned to normal (clockspeed as well... :mad:).

Created a thread to warn other WW users about it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1856788

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Yeah a 4 day wait is a killer......try being an Atrix owner......I could kill for ICS on my phone ;)

Try being one of the handful of Motorola Atrix ME860 (Asia version of the Atrix 4G) in the Philippines (where it was not officially released by Mototola Phils, got mine from Hong Kong...)

According to the Motorola website, ICS rollout for our version is "under planning and evaluation". At least the US version has a tentative rollout schedule for Sept 2012....

Also, the only accessories for it available here brand-new are a few Otterbox Commuter cases and the generic USB chargers

gab_hamelin

Feb 29, 2012
Stopped dmclient, cleared data and cache, re checked, download error, repeated the same but also stopped cmclient, cleared its data and cache too, re checked and finally have a green download arrow in my notifications :)

Sadly with only a 2MB line, this will take a while...

Was working for me with this method. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yup...it's the update to JB.

Mne did the same....there is then a wee arrowgreen in colour sits in the notifiction area until it has the whole file and then you are good to go.

Yeah a 4 day wait is a killer......try being an Atrix owner......I could kill for ICS on my phone ;)
    Stopped dmclient, cleared data and cache, re checked, download error, repeated the same but also stopped cmclient, cleared its data and cache too, re checked and finally have a green download arrow in my notifications :)

Sadly with only a 2MB line, this will take a while...
    A factory reset should wipe data, and root will also be gone. Make sure to test your root access, OTA RootKeeper might give a fake report.

Trimis de pe Motorola Defy

Checked with ota rootkeeper, showed root and then installed update. Didn't want to install too many other apps just in case. Have successfully restored root in jb through ota root keeper, so root did survive factory reset! Just restoring apps through titanium.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app
    Hmm these are the update files right???
    Is it possible to use it to update our Pad300??
    Is yes how?

they look sorta small, but that could just be from zipping, give me a few minutes and ill find the instructions i found last night.

the short of it is its the update, you put that and another file in your cache folder and reboot and hold volume down... and it starts the unpacking/installing IF your system is 'OK'
    the long version ill have to find the post to give it to you.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

okay how to use the file in cache..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30698223&postcount=280

and the 'command' file info @ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30702167&highlight=dlpkgfile+and+command#post30702167

i haven't done this yet, if anything seems unclear im not sure :p but i plan on attempting it very soon.