[Q] Totally Noob Needs help with phone updates

Search This thread

artmustel

Mar 7, 2014
Hello! I am new here and also new to smartphones. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Ebay) with a bad ESN number. It was very cheap and I only want it to surf the web, youtube, and playing games. It arrived today (real nice) and I've been able to connect to wifi and such. What worries me a little is i keep receiving a message that some updates from Virgin Mobile are ready to be installed in my phone. I am afraid to accept them because I have no business with this company, and my phone is meant to be used only on wifi. What do you think about this, would it be safe to install these updates or I should keep declining them? THANKS!

Jan 21, 2014
Delhi
Hello! I am new here and also new to smartphones. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Ebay) with a bad ESN number. It was very cheap and I only want it to surf the web, youtube, and playing games. It arrived today (real nice) and I've been able to connect to wifi and such. What worries me a little is i keep receiving a message that some updates from Virgin Mobile are ready to be installed in my phone. I am afraid to accept them because I have no business with this company, and my phone is meant to be used only on wifi. What do you think about this, would it be safe to install these updates or I should keep declining them? THANKS!

okay,,,
if that thing is your service provider it might be the settings for your device to set up internet connection by sim. If not then report to the authorities about spam messages.