[Q] Aps2SD/Tayutama ROM - Internal Phone storage sucks - Out of space

Search This thread

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
I know that this is probably a pointless post but I am curious as to the experience everyone is having. I maxed my space out in 10 days from purchase. Now I am playing the swapping apps games. I mean, why couldn't they give us 2gb internal storage. I heard its 512mb, but really not even that, because of some kind of overhead. It's 2010 morons! What in the hell are we going to do with 300 something mb to use for apps?! Anyway, enough ranting, here is my point.

I have seen the Tayutama ROM-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=774950

So...here's a bunch of newbie q's. Are these generic ROMs like Tayutama's only for the i9000 non keyboard version Galaxy S models? Am I correct in that Tayutama's ROM solves the Aps2sd issue by changing the file format to EXT3,4 and having all of the apps go to the SD card automatically (although this means you must remove the SD card from the phone to mount it on a PC because the card is always used while the phone is booted).

Even when Froyo releases, only apps with SD support will work for moving apps to the card. In my opinion this is not a complete solution. Automatic Aps2sd via an EXT3,4 format seems to be the solution to me (as well as removing even a hint of any lag according to the other forums).

Can anyone confirm or correct me here in my thinking process? I asked Tayutama today if he might consider a Galaxy S pro version of his ROM.

Shots in the dark here folks. Someone set me straight.

Last edited:

helchez

Sep 2, 2009
As soon as we get Froyo it won't matter. We will be able to save apps to the sd card and you can have 32gigs worth of apps if you want. Most of the apps are updating so you can save to SD now. I think Samsung wasn't as concerned with internal storage anymore knowing Froyo is coming.