HTC Inspire Noob Help

Search This thread

Chrononaught

Apr 22, 2012
Hello ladies and gentleman.
I've had my HTC Inspire for approximately 9 months. It's a decent phone but today I decided to try Rooting my device.
I used the Ace Hack Kit and followed step by step and even read the Effin Manual ;)
Anyways all went well and I ran the tests that were needed.
Now, I'm having difficulties putting a ROM on, I've been trying to do CM7.2 and I've just had no luck. I've googled it and haven't had much luck with that either.
Sorry to make this so long!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hello ladies and gentleman.
I've had my HTC Inspire for approximately 9 months. It's a decent phone but today I decided to try Rooting my device.
I used the Ace Hack Kit and followed step by step and even read the Effin Manual ;)
Anyways all went well and I ran the tests that were needed.
Now, I'm having difficulties putting a ROM on, I've been trying to do CM7.2 and I've just had no luck. I've googled it and haven't had much luck with that either.
Sorry to make this so long!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

So, what is your question?? in the Effen manual you have an explanation how to flash a rom. Make sure that before you do anything you first do a backup of your current rom...

mudd2012

Mar 2, 2012
Did you do a full wipe and delvic cache, then load the Rom?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
If i remember correctly, and that is if you are rooted, you need to install cm7.1 and then cm7.2 on top of it. Cm7.2 is an update and not a rom. Remember to make a back up before anything. If you havent done it yet, install 4ext touch from xda.

Sent from a dream.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
If i remember correctly, and that is if you are rooted, you need to install cm7.1 and then cm7.2 on top of it. Cm7.2 is an update and not a rom. Remember to make a back up before anything. If you havent done it yet, install 4ext touch from xda.

Sent from a dream.

Not actually. But that depends from where you are getting the file...try this one:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1553663

I have flashed that one on a friends phone and works...

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
I would say if you not got the Rom working try another but over all its put the rom file on the root of the sd card,then boot into recovery wipe cache ,delvik wipe user data and go to install flash zip and that's about it for flashing a rom. But a couple of tips if you always do a Rom back up with clockwork mod once you get clockworkmod when you open it the 1st thing is flash clockwork do so..then backup

Kerenls will help battery life..etc

My Inspire