[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)

Search This thread

yannis11

Feb 1, 2011
athens
Yesterday the CWM was updated from 6.0.4.9 to 6.0.5.0. I attached the updated version.

How to flash: Unzip the file, and flash it as PDA / AP in Odin3.

Version 6.0.5.0

Notable changes since 6.0.4.9:
* Segfault fixes for command line nandroid backup/restore
* Optimizations to progress thread so it doesn't get overloaded with
screen updates (this significantly improves backup/restore speed)
* Fixes for command line nandroid backups of vold volumes
* Correctly update background image for errors and finished processes
* Allow selective restore of more than one partition at a time
* New MD5 calculator only verifies checksums of partition(s) selected
for restore and warns you when files or checksums are not found
* New touch code supports a wider variety of devices for swipe control
and virtual (capacative touch) keys are now supported
* Only show Mount USB storage option if possible

Not working begin the flash and stuck there for about 2 min nothing happens. Same with 6.0.4.9 .with 6.0.4.6/6.0.4.8 from the thread no problem. The flashing takes about 5 sec.

Reactions: kyrillos13

denon480

Mar 10, 2013
Kremenchug
Hi guys, good morning for all, can some one tell me for kitkat stock rom recovery exists? Because after reover backup many process crash and stop :(

twinsen.net

Mar 15, 2012
Będzin
I did all things in first post, and now I have KNOX 0x1 void :/ But I don't care, because I'm going to install Cyanogenmod which itself voids the warranty, but I feel bad because of that KNOX... Is any possibility to have an old bootloader without that KNOX?

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
I did all things in first post, and now I have KNOX 0x1 void :/ But I don't care, because I'm going to install Cyanogenmod which itself voids the warranty, but I feel bad because of that KNOX... Is any possibility to have an old bootloader without that KNOX?
Rooting / flashing recovery already voided your warranty. All warnings werw in the first post, you can only blame yourself. Knox 0x1 cannot be removed.

abalgo

Feb 15, 2009
Please note that the 6.0.4.6 has an important bug! I was facing a problem after restoring a rooted stock ROM (BNA2).
It was backed-up correctly and it didn't say anything strange during the restore but once I try to use my restored version, I get the message "com.google.process.gapps has stopped.." and it was impossible to use my phone! I spent a lot of time to find a solution and finally (after 3 weeks and more than 20 full installations!) I found it! The reason was a bug in this version 6.0.4.6!
So I've installed the Philz recovery, based on 6.0.4.8... same problem! I finally install an old version, based on 6.0.4.5 (philz_touch_6.00.8-serranoltexx.tar.md5) and there, miracle! My restore worked perfectly!
So, be very careful with this 6.0.4.6 version, and if you encount a process.gapps problem, you will know why ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: osvanberg

leripe

Mar 18, 2012
Please note that the 6.0.4.6 has an important bug! I was facing a problem after restoring a rooted stock ROM (BNA2).
It was backed-up correctly and it didn't say anything strange during the restore but once I try to use my restored version, I get the message "com.google.process.gapps has stopped.." and it was impossible to use my phone! I spent a lot of time to find a solution and finally (after 3 weeks and more than 20 full installations!) I found it! The reason was a bug in this version 6.0.4.6!
So I've installed the Philz recovery, based on 6.0.4.8... same problem! I finally install an old version, based on 6.0.4.5 (philz_touch_6.00.8-serranoltexx.tar.md5) and there, miracle! My restore worked perfectly!
So, be very careful with this 6.0.4.6 version, and if you encount a process.gapps problem, you will know why ;)

No problems here with any cwm recovery, other than the wrong datetime on the backup.
Is your phone an international model?
But good that it's fixed now.

abalgo

Feb 15, 2009
No problems here with any cwm recovery, other than the wrong datetime on the backup.
Is your phone an international model?
But good that it's fixed now.

Yes it is an international one:
serranoltexx/l9195XXUBNA2 and it is precisely this version that was backed-up and that failed at the restore with 6.0.4.6.

And effectively, the date of the backup is wrong with 6.0.4.5, but for the rest, it works fine and it restores correctly!

Hope it will help others.

milesharrison

Aug 16, 2010
Edinburgh
why don't you delete this post?
i think it is wise since you now know that you have mistaken the phone model and trying to flash a completely different ROM.
most of all, it will spare you from getting hammered and spamming the thread :D

I tried to delete it but it has no delete option i can see only edit! It was a dupe post by mistake in this thread anyway.

Bezalel321

Jul 8, 2014
I think that it works, some people had bugs, but most others haven't. And this is mostly their own problem.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk

When i boot the phone there is a flash for 2 seconds?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I think that it works, some people had bugs, but most others haven't. And this is mostly their own problem.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk

there is a blue flash when i boot on the phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING! ONLY USE THIS ON THE GT-I9195 MODEL!

Hello all S4 Mini owners!

I'm happy to finally release ClockworkMod recovery and an insecure kernel for the GT-I9195. With these two installed on your device, obtaining root is easy.

Attached to this post is the necessary files needed for this task. Download the following files:

• Odin_v3.09.zip (if you don't have it already)
    • recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip
    • S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ONLY FOR STOCK ROM! NOT FOR CM OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS!
    Extract recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.zip file to your computer.

The procedure is as:

1. Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip" to your device SD card.
    2. Turn off the phone.
    3. Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    4. Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    5. Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
    6. Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.5.1-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
    7. After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    8. Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    9. After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.
    10. Optional: Flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip (Only for Android 4.2.2, not KitKat) to use a custom stock kernel, which might fix battery drain for some.
      Kernel changelog: https://github.com/arco/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common/commits/stock
    If you get warnings about applications doing not permitted actions, delete the following files from system/app, or let SuperSU fix it for you.

• KNOXAgent.apk
    • KNOXStore.apk
    • ContainerAgent.apk
    I'm still working on CM, and have the last few days been struggling with rewriting the audio config that defines mixer control and usages. Samsung uses completely different names than what's in the audio hal in CM, and rewriting it and testing is a huge pain. And then on top of that Android 4.3 was released, so even more work bringing that up too.
    [OFF-TOPIC] What do you think about releasing a second CM9/CM10 EOL for our old Galaxy W to include the MasterKey exploit patches? I don't think it's a good idea to leave us with security risks :)[/OFF-TOPIC]

Yes, there will be new releases of that soon. But keep that discussion to the Galaxy W forums. :)

Quick question before I root it, what do you mean by "insecure"? Certainly not shy, but as in unstable or as in unsafe?

An insecure kernel has disabled the root prevention checks that Samsung added. Other than that it's the same as stock kernel. Although in this kernel I also made two minor changes to allow apps to read the kernel log and the full logcat.
    Added version 6.0.5.1 to first post.
    Recovery version 6.0.5.0 added to first post.