3 Mobile - HTC Touch Pro

Search This thread

zacu86

Apr 7, 2009
Sydney
I was wondering if anyone knew of a radio rom update that would allow the HTC Touch Pro from 3 Mobile Aus to roam on to the Telstra Next G network. They advertise that some newer phones can. Any info in the area would be helpful. Also if you are with 3 Mobile in Aus what rom radio do you use?

Mrjasjam

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Hi there,

This topic has been covered in great detail in other threads in this forum - most of them late last year when the device hit the shelves and the short answer is no it cant be done as the hardware has been found to lack the 850mhz radio.

In a few months it probably wont matter as Vodafone will switch on their new3G 900mhz network extension and i can bet you that 3 users will get access to it. It wont make sense for VHA to operate a national 3G network and only give half of its subscibers access to it whilst the other half roam on its competitors network. Just my opinion and what I would think would make good commercial sense and im sure these guys will be looking to get a return on their investment so I would wait and see what happens. Our touch pro works fine on 3G 900 as I have used it in Optus' 3G 900 zone.

Mrjasjam

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
I forgot to mention that the best radio for use on the 3 network is 1.11.25.01. Since flashing this radio I can talk through what used to be dead spots in their network.

st3v3

Jun 9, 2006
Melbourne
Redmi Note 9
I forgot to mention that the best radio for use on the 3 network is 1.11.25.01. Since flashing this radio I can talk through what used to be dead spots in their network.

hey thanks you arent wrong about that radio version, i was using an earlier version but upgraded after seeing this post.

Reception is great and it seems to be good on the battery too!