[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-T999

Search This thread

hetman6

Jun 19, 2010
Ok still stuck here.. odin wants tar files? Isn't there a straight forward way to just get this recovery-clockwork-5.8.4.7-d2tmo.img on the phone?

Sorry I'm used to the nexus one, which was much easier to work with.

Markdental

Jan 19, 2010
Florida
Any responses on how the ROM is working for everyone yet? I am excited to try it, but can't till I get home from work. Need my phone here...

Dying though!!

Thanks sooo much Steve!

G

GuestK00202

I can't get this to boot on my phone. I wipe everything then flash it but I get stuck on the the bootanimation. Same thing happens with my sgs2 -_-

Sent from a Galaxy 3759295 light years away.
Thank me if I helped :D

well this is not made for the GS2, that that takes care of that part of the question. What I would do is restore an old back up (If you have one) then do the following.

Go to the Google Play Market and download ROM Manager. Choose to Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery (Pick Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile)
Let is do its thing then....

- Place the CM10.zip on your SD Card
- Boot into Recovery
- Wipe data/Factory reset (3 times)
- Wipe cache partition (3 times)
- Go to Advance and Wipe DalVik Cache (2 times)
- Go to mounts and storage
- Format System (2 times)
- Format Data (2 times)
- Format Cache (2 times)

then...

- Install.zip from SD card
- Choose .zip
- Install and reboot after completing

then

Reboot again into recovery by holding Vol + / Home / and Power

Then flash the Gapps.zip and reboot

SeanFloyd

Aug 4, 2010
Very exciting , pretty much validates the S3 as the right purchase - thank you Steve.

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Ok still stuck here.. odin wants tar files? Isn't there a straight forward way to just get this recovery-clockwork-5.8.4.7-d2tmo.img on the phone?

Sorry I'm used to the nexus one, which was much easier to work with.

yes don't be cheap and buy ROM Manager Premium from Google Play. After purchase hit flash ClockworkMod Recovery and select Tmobile Galaxy S3.

Reactions: skillz398

gentleman559

Nov 4, 2011
Los Angeles
For some reason when I downloaded and installed it was missing the Play Store. Did I miss the Gapps? Anyhow, I downloaded the apk file of the play store but every time I open it, it crashes. Also I do not have Superuser. And here I thought my morning was going to be boring....LOL

SlakWReX

well this is not made for the GS2, that that takes care of that part of the question. What I would do is restore an old back up (If you have one) then do the following.

Go to the Google Play Market and download ROM Manager. Choose to Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery (Pick Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile)
Let is do its thing then....

- Place the CM10.zip on your SD Card
- Boot into Recovery
- Wipe data/Factory reset (3 times)
- Wipe cache partition (3 times)
- Go to Advance and Wipe DalVik Cache (2 times)
- Go to mounts and storage
- Format System (2 times)
- Format Data (2 times)
- Format Cache (2 times)

then...

- Install.zip from SD card
- Choose .zip
- Install and reboot after completing

then

Reboot again into recovery by holding Vol + / Home / and Power

Then flash the Gapps.zip and reboot

Thank you very much. I already flashed cmw through rom manager and when I said same thing happens with my gs2 I meant a port that was made for it!!! Lol I'm not dumb enough to brick it. But dumb enough to not get this to boot. I will keep trying

G

GuestK00202

Thank you very much. I already flashed cmw through rom manager and when I said same thing happens with my gs2 I meant a port that was made for it!!! Lol I'm not dumb enough to brick it. But dumb enough to not get this to boot. I will keep trying

Well its a good thing your not that dumb haha. And no problem. Let me know if that works for you. Keep in mind the first boot will take a little longer because you are wiping the Dalvk cache

cyanogendroid

Nov 24, 2011
For some reason when I downloaded and installed it was missing the Play Store. Did I miss the Gapps? Anyhow, I downloaded the apk file of the play store but every time I open it, it crashes. Also I do not have Superuser. And here I thought my morning was going to be boring....LOL

Just Google search 4.1.1 gapps and download the zip. The superuser issue was addressed earlier in this topic, just go back through and find the link for it.
Hope I helped!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

d_bot

Sep 15, 2009
K-Town Utah
dude!! the last phone that i had that had cyanmod was my mt3g.....all my others havent been supported......Thanks for this! so excited!

skyhigh2004

Oct 10, 2010
Saint Cloud MN
I keep getting this error whenever I try to flash cm9 or cm10.

Assert failed: getprop ( "ro.product.device" ) == "d2tmo" || getprop ("ro.build.product" ) == "d2tmo"

E:location/of/the/zip/.zip error

Status 7.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from one of my Galaxies

G

GuestK00202

I keep getting this error whenever I try to flash cm9 or cm10.

Assert failed: getprop ( "ro.product.device" ) == "d2tmo" || getprop ("ro.build.product" ) == "d2tmo"

E:location/of/the/zip/.zip error

Status 7.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from one of my Galaxies

You have to take out the first line of code in the update.script. I'll do that for you and upload it. One Sec

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Wow. This preview is already silky smooth. Although its more like an AOSP rom than a CyanogenMog build. No screenshot features, no reboot to recovery, and no launcher tweaks...But i kinda like it. Nice and simple "The Google" way.

titan703

Jun 8, 2007
You have to take out the first line of code in the update.script. I'll do that for you and upload it. One Sec

I have noticed you giving a lot of bad advice, and this is another instance. Editing the code is not the answer; updating to a T999 version of CWM is. And if they want to be able to access the external_sd, it needs to be 5.8.4.5. Anything newer, including Touch, doesn't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10 on the T-Mobile Galaxy S3. It's a major work in progress. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Known issues being worked on:
    * Picasa sync doesn't work (if you overwrite the Gallery with the Google version, you'll break the camera, don't do it). We need someone to port the sync code from the old Gallery3D app!
    * 1 frame flicker when transitioning between overlay/gpu rendering.
    * All the things.

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "d2tmo". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine.
    2. Get the nightly build here.
    3. Reboot into recovery and install.

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.
    I'll keep this post updated as the Jelly Bean Google apps get updated! I'll upload to MF since it's more reliable and faster.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    -or-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wtsyoscljb82a0b

Updated gapps and mediafire link on 10-11-12
    New build is up! Seriously MAJOR kernel and driver update. Hardware VSYNC ("butter") is supported (not 100% optimal yet, Qualcomm is still pushing code out every morning). Big interactivity boost due to some performance work I did. Bugs fixed, A2DP is working, Trebuchet is in, LED is working properly....

Fixing the camera bugs is next on my list.

I don't recommend using a different kernel with this build. Over 250 patches have gone in, and no third-party kernel developers are up to speed yet.

This has basically consumed my entire life for the last week. Have fun :)
    Word is that the next build will be very buttery :)
    Still working hard on getting "butter". There is a nasty memory leak when this composition mode is used where ION buffers leak every time you switch apps. Very close though, next build will be soon.