[Q] Hard Brick i747 AT&T SD unbrick???

Search This thread

Dieselrellim

Feb 20, 2011
Atlanta
the only sign of life mine gives is a red light when i plug it in the computer, its dead other than that. I have tried the images booting from the sd card but no luck

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
When plugged into the computer, check device manager. If it says QHSUSB_DLOAD, its hard bricked.

If you cant order a jig online, there are tutorials for how to make your own. Pretty simple if you can solder. Just connect two of the pins (4+5 I think) with 300k resistance between.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

faresinfo2008

Feb 10, 2015
thanks

Here's what you can do to get the device back to working and booting normally. If the Odin flash failed first time, you should not use this flash again. Instead you should use custom recovery to flash a complete 4.3 stock restore image.

1) Download the stock restore image from the following thread. I always prefer to use TWRP and thus, the TWRP image, because of the easier user interface.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Save the file to a location on your computer.

2) Download the Odin flashable TWRP Tar file for custom recovery from the link below ....

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/d2att/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-d2att.tar

With the debrick card in your phone, boot to system as you have been doing. Connect your phone to your computer with a good quality micro USB cable and copy the stock restore image you downloaded earlier to your phone. Be sure you remember the stored location.

3) Power off your phone and, with the debrick card, boot to download mode. If you cannot use the Volume Down, Power and Home button combo to boot to download mode, you may need to get a USB jig.

4) Once you are in download mode, connect your phone to the PC, open Odin v3.07. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone. Do not check or uncheck any boxes but leave the defaults as is. In the PDA box, load the TWRP Tar file you downloaded earlier. Click on Start and wait for flashing to complete. When you get to Pass, disconnect your phone from the PC and pull out the battery to stop it trying to reboot.

5) Replace the battery and with the debrick card inside, boot to Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons. If you do this right, you should be able to get to recovery mode.

6) Select Install and navigate to the stock restore zip file you saved to your phone earlier. Select this zip and swipe to confirm install. Wait for firmware installation (flashing) to complete.

7) Clear your cache/dalvikand reboot to system.

Try booting without the card. If the above process went as described, your phone should be booting normally. Good luck!
that solution worked for me friend
thank you so much 100%

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have (had) a AT&T galaxy S3 i747 with android 4.1.1 View attachment 2790321
    Because the phone is in another country I couldn’t update it by OTA to android 4.3

So I started to read forums that said how to Update AT&T S3 i747 to android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB)

The S3 was not Root

I installed all the phone drivers in the computer

This is what I did: (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52341582&postcount=38)
    - Use Odin 3.07
    - Check Auto Reboot and Re-Partition, and uncheck all the boxes
    - I put my phone in USB debugging in the developer options
    - I turned it off
    - Started to put the phone on Download Mode pressing volume DW+home+power button at the same time View attachment 2790322 View attachment 2790323
    - In Odin on the PDA box I checked and loaded the file .tar.md5 (I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 )
    - Pressed the button Start View attachment 2790324

The installation seemed to go right, the program never showed anything weird. View attachment 2790325
    When the Programs finished the installation the phone turned off and then turned on and show the logo of android (seemed to be lying down or inclined) and after that it turned off.
    The computer showed that something was connected (QHSUSB_DLOAD) but couldn’t install any driver, so I disconnected it of the computer.
    I couldn’t turn on the phone :crying:, I took the battery out and put it in and tried to start the phone and nothing happened, I tried pressing any button to access to recovery o download mode and none of this worked.

I started to search forums that talk about restart or turn on a brick AT&T S3 i747

I found one (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068) that said to download a image (debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img) and using the program “Win32DiskImager” to put the image inside of a micro SD to make the phone turn on,

I put the micro SD inside the phone and when I pushed the power button for almost 3 seconds it Turned on :eek:, the phone seems to be fine an it has android 4.3 (I747UCUEMJB) installed.View attachment 2790326
    I can use it normally so far.

But the problem is that I can’t turn on the phone if the micro SD card is not inserted on the phone.
    Without the micro SD inside don’t show any sign of life

When the micro SD is inside I can turn on the phone and use its apps.
    I have tried to enter to Recovery mode or Download mode with the micro SD inside but the phone only show what its supposed to happen for 1 second then turns off and then turns on by its own (after that I can use it normally)

Does anyone know how can I Fix my phone ?
    How can I boot my phone without using the micro SD card?
    How can I access to download mode?

And if I could access to download mode what should I do next ?

The only files I have now are:
    Odin3 v3.07
    I747UCUEMJB_2024954_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5(905 Mb)
    debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img (80 Mb)

Here's what you can do to get the device back to working and booting normally. If the Odin flash failed first time, you should not use this flash again. Instead you should use custom recovery to flash a complete 4.3 stock restore image.

1) Download the stock restore image from the following thread. I always prefer to use TWRP and thus, the TWRP image, because of the easier user interface.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

Save the file to a location on your computer.

2) Download the Odin flashable TWRP Tar file for custom recovery from the link below ....

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/d2att/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-d2att.tar

With the debrick card in your phone, boot to system as you have been doing. Connect your phone to your computer with a good quality micro USB cable and copy the stock restore image you downloaded earlier to your phone. Be sure you remember the stored location.

3) Power off your phone and, with the debrick card, boot to download mode. If you cannot use the Volume Down, Power and Home button combo to boot to download mode, you may need to get a USB jig.

4) Once you are in download mode, connect your phone to the PC, open Odin v3.07. Make sure Odin recognizes your phone. Do not check or uncheck any boxes but leave the defaults as is. In the PDA box, load the TWRP Tar file you downloaded earlier. Click on Start and wait for flashing to complete. When you get to Pass, disconnect your phone from the PC and pull out the battery to stop it trying to reboot.

5) Replace the battery and with the debrick card inside, boot to Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons. If you do this right, you should be able to get to recovery mode.

6) Select Install and navigate to the stock restore zip file you saved to your phone earlier. Select this zip and swipe to confirm install. Wait for firmware installation (flashing) to complete.

7) Clear your cache/dalvikand reboot to system.

Try booting without the card. If the above process went as described, your phone should be booting normally. Good luck!
    happy to see this thread resolved, this is what XDA is all about, no matter how fd up something sounds, a community like xda will find a fix for it even if it takes months
    And the award of the Q/A thread goes to Larry and everyone in this post for trying and failing but succeeding at the end :laugh:
    anywayz happy rooting and be careful, no-one wants to end with a brick :p cheers and keep this place awsome
    When plugged into the computer, check device manager. If it says QHSUSB_DLOAD, its hard bricked.

If you cant order a jig online, there are tutorials for how to make your own. Pretty simple if you can solder. Just connect two of the pins (4+5 I think) with 300k resistance between.