Android (Working... well kinda... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rocktap

Oct 25, 2008
newbie help needed

Hi there

I am trying to run the CAB version (5/11/08). Got it all loaded fine (had to put it all on my internal memory as didn't work on storage card. Haret runs ok but it ends up saying:

failed to extract data image /bin/sh: can't access tty;job control turned off (I think - the text is very small!)

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Peter

suhaspatwa

May 24, 2007
Booting but

Hi I have HTC kaiser with ATNT rom and running android from memory card, it shows booting screen but doesnt proceed after showing the "1.860076:kernel panic not synching attempted to kill init". plase help me whats wrong..i want to see android running on it!!

adderz91

Sep 11, 2008
Central Coast, NSW
Well for starters comparing Manila Touch Flo and "the Fuze" to Android is stupid.

Touch Flo is a graphic overlay...that hides Windows Mobile

The Fuze is a phone...with TF3D...also hiding WinMo

Android and WinMo are like Windows and Mac OSX...one is not better than the other...they both have their strengths and weaknesses...and its up to the user to decide which works for them

MarkDogg18769

Jan 16, 2009
my experiences with android 1.1 is data i cannot get to work... wifi does not work neither does my blue tooth... I am just assuming it needs some tweaks but i am shocked at how far along it has come from when i had first downloaded it... I was only able to boot it... everything else did not work at all, you went into a sub menu and had to pull the battery in order to get out... Im making and receiving calls on it, texting everything but the data services... I would also like to say this gave me hope for my tytn II i have been experiencing me hating it when my blackberry died... Until i had installed android in it... Now when i need it fast there is not fumbling with the damn stylist...

So far huge thumbs up and i would like to say to all the developers out there Thank you and i can't wait to see what else is released into it and how it will blow away wm 6.1 and 6.5 or even soon to be 7...

Thanks again...

Last edited:

Sly90

May 23, 2009
Valencia
Does anyone know anything about KS20 and Android? I think that it can be run on a Kaiser, in our mobile Android can be run too.

I'll test a few more, if I see the "answer of life" xD. At the moment, I'm only getting errors

iliannhs

Sep 4, 2009
android

Guys, can you please tell me how to install the android operating system to my Asus P550?..if you know anything please inform me, thank you!:)

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Hey guys,
I was just appointed as a moderator to this forum and noticed that this thread seems to fit better here at
Tilt, TyTN II, MDA Vario III Android Development

If I missed something or if an overwhelming amount of requests to move it back I will consider it. It's a large thread with many responses so I don't want to throw everyone off. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
It's just been reported to me by private message that this thread is old and not really kept up to date. So I'm going to close it until I receive a request to open it back up again. Feel free to use some of the other Android Development threads for your information.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.