Who else is Returning their Atrix before 30 days are up?

Search This thread

upyouratrix

Mar 3, 2011
The Atrix is kind of my second Android device. I had a Captivate for a few weeks and wasn't a fan. After following the Atrix (back when it was known as the Olympus), and having own it since the 21st, I think it's time to return it.

I like the phone. I like Android. And while AT&T may not be the fastest in my area, they're pretty good. But having my upload speeds "capped" really irritates me. There's no reason why it shouldn't have HSUPA enabled. And I don't trust AT&T to update it. So, as a consumer, I'm going to vote with my wallet and return my Atrix before I get locked into a contract.

I've been looking really hard to find an N1 for AT&T. The search hasn't gone well. Most people I've contacted on craigslist have a hard time telling me if it's Tmo or AT&T 3G. I figured most people with N1 were geeks and would know that question right off the top of their head. I've found a couple of ebay, and even though I know that phone is awesome, I have a hard time paying $300+ for a year+ old phone.

Anyone that knows someone selling an N1 for AT&T 3G, I'd be willing to pay up to $250 based on condition. I just really, really, really don't want to go back to using my iPhone 3G.

ZyanyaMJ

Mar 17, 2011
Los Angeles
I am still waiting to hear from the repair guys regarding my iPhone 3GS. That's the initial reason I made the jump. But the clock is ticking and my 30 days are almost up. So if I hear from the tomorrow and my phone is reparable, I may take the Atrix back and wait to see what the iPhone 5 is gonna boast and if its nothing but a 4GS type of an upgrade... I'll most likely repurchase the Atrix. I just don't want to be kicking myself IF (the operative word is IF) the iPhone summer update release is comparable or surpasses any other phone on the market.

With all of the mods the developers are creating, I'm hopeful that the speed thing won't be an issue for long. But you are right about AT&T being shady. :(

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Going to return mine if HSUPA / Skype issue is not resolved as both are pretty much a deal breaker for me.

upyouratrix

Mar 3, 2011
I am still waiting to hear from the repair guys regarding my iPhone 3GS. That's the initial reason I made the jump. But the clock is ticking and my 30 days are almost up. So if I hear from the tomorrow and my phone is reparable, I may take the Atrix back and wait to see what the iPhone 5 is gonna boast and if its nothing but a 4GS type of an upgrade... I'll most likely repurchase the Atrix. I just don't want to be kicking myself IF (the operative word is IF) the iPhone summer update release is comparable or surpasses any other phone on the market.

With all of the mods the developers are creating, I'm hopeful that the speed thing won't be an issue for long. But you are right about AT&T being shady. :(

At least you have a 3GS. Do you know how horrible it is go from a fast, 1ghz phone, to a phone that's 400mhz with 128mb ram? Plus it's JB, so it's even slower.

I'm curious about iphone 5 as well, but it's going to take more than hardware to bring me back. I had an iPhone 4, and the antenna sucked. Also, I'm super bored with the OS. If the OS gets a major overhaul and the phone is better, I'll probably get it.

There is also the rumor about the HTC Revolver coming around Q3. Dual core, Android 3.0 (my guess is 2.4).

I'm actually really thinking about switching to VZW for the Tbolt. Except I hate VZW and have had a much more positive experience on AT&T. Except, at the current moment, they're only the 3rd fastest in Phoenix. Tmo and VZW LTE are faster.

Decisions... Decisions...

brian2220

Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
i was thinking of returning mine because of the 2gb cap but i doubt i will
and since im able to get a steady connection from att and one that is fast and not bad like sprint and tmo it.
i believe that att and moto will push out the updates soon
its not like it samsung or sprint :p

squarejp

Dec 20, 2010
The Atrix is kind of my second Android device. I had a Captivate for a few weeks and wasn't a fan. After following the Atrix (back when it was known as the Olympus), and having own it since the 21st, I think it's time to return it.

I like the phone. I like Android. And while AT&T may not be the fastest in my area, they're pretty good. But having my upload speeds "capped" really irritates me. There's no reason why it shouldn't have HSUPA enabled. And I don't trust AT&T to update it. So, as a consumer, I'm going to vote with my wallet and return my Atrix before I get locked into a contract.

I've been looking really hard to find an N1 for AT&T. The search hasn't gone well. Most people I've contacted on craigslist have a hard time telling me if it's Tmo or AT&T 3G. I figured most people with N1 were geeks and would know that question right off the top of their head. I've found a couple of ebay, and even though I know that phone is awesome, I have a hard time paying $300+ for a year+ old phone.

Anyone that knows someone selling an N1 for AT&T 3G, I'd be willing to pay up to $250 based on condition. I just really, really, really don't want to go back to using my iPhone 3G.

Isn't the HSUPA+ of the Atrix is not compatible with the AT&T tower yet unless they turn the HSPA+ on?

I'm confused. Motorola is working on Skype compatibility now.

UnCommonGrafx

Mar 5, 2011
Not a chance.

I'm building linux (ubuntu) boxes as often as I can and to have a phone of the same ilk is quite nice. One that is this fast is quite the bonus.

Phone carrying corps won't do anything unless we vote no with our dollars. I know I'm not doing it. Switching to another company still shows you are hooked. ;)

iphones are boring. Edit: Great designs, beautiful methodologies. Still, boring bar the eye candy.

Last edited:

Namuh

Nov 6, 2007
Bakersfield
I have 10 more days to decide. I'm really on the fence still. On one hand the hardware is amazing and blazing fast. Friends and family wow at the tegra hd games, hdmi webdock with out using the official moto dock, and the snappiness of the OS is great (granted its rooted, frozen and better optimized than stock form.) Also, the hope that the bootloader will be open in the future and custom roms made for it are a big wait and keep it flag for me. But on the other hand moto has left a bad taste in my mouth with the locked bootloader, and so has at&t with the HSUPA fiasco. But then I have to also hope that a more powerful or as powerful "community friendly phone" ;) will be out soon as well, because anything else up till now doesn't boast this kind of hardware and speed in MY experience..... Decisions.

Last edited:

MLonon

Jul 17, 2009
Atlanta
I already returned mine. Motorola made such an awesome phone and then teamed up with AT&T to completely cripple it! I fully trust AT&T will do everything they can to SCREW Atrix buyers. GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Made2Last

Mar 22, 2010
Hanford
There isn't a chance in hell apple does anything but incremental upgrades.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Everyone will still buy it. The iPhone 4 was an extremely large jump, this will be a nice step forward.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App