[OFFICIAL]Desire S gets official ICS!!!

Search This thread

kalvin807

Dec 30, 2011
I can't get the ota even I'm Chinese.I think it is only for China.D:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

belgianrebel

May 8, 2012
Pfff still no news from the update, it's taking to long...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

korenisko

Apr 23, 2009
Realme 7
I know, that next phone, will be not htc brand... Sorry, that customer support is poor and not fair for older customers...

korenisko

Apr 23, 2009
Realme 7
Google nexus line, apple iOs,
Older incredible s gets update soner, then newer DS... Joke, not?
Ok, if inc s gets ics, then our ds will be getting 4.1

Reactions: adisan2002

oed86

Nov 9, 2011
we will get it when we get it. htc promised the update will come june-july. it is now the beginning of july. we should get it before the month's end.

please, no more bumping this thread unnecessarily.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
we will never get the update dam htc bastards omfg

sent from my HTC DeSiRe S using XDA PrEmIuM app

You strongly remind me of ivanboba. Same style of writing. Same avatar. Same ignorant, careless posting.

Get a grip mate. You really are impatient. People like you is the reason HTC is delaying the update.

Last edited:

skim0322

Jul 4, 2011
You strongly remind me of ivanboba. Same style of writing. Same avatar. Same ignorant, careless posting.

Get a grip mate. You really are impatient. People like you is the reason HTC is delaying the update.

Haha I highly doubt that's why HTC is delaying the update. I don't think he's being ignorant at all. He's just being a rational consumer.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

tasos12

Aug 31, 2011
Patras
I think there is no use in complaining.
I read also the forum for HTC One S and HTC One X looking to upgrade in the next few moths.
Boy you should see the problems the Guys over there have.
They have paid a **** load of money for high end phones that dont actually work...HTC One X has serious Wifi connection problems.
HTC One S has GPS Problems, chipping problems and on top of that they switched to S3 chip without telling that to the people buying it.
At least our good old DS is working fine.
Lets be happy for that and keep waiting.
Speaking on my behalf I ll keep my money for a few months until the crap batches of the One Series are gone and then just upgarde.

Aleeksandar85

Sep 10, 2011
6 phone get update in Jun-July, from htc site:

HTC Desire S June-July WAITING!!!
HTC EVO 3D June-July GET ICS!!!
HTC EVO Design 4G June-July WAITING!!!
HTC Incredible S June-July GET ICS!!!
HTC Rezound June-July WAITING!!!
HTC Rhyme June-July WAITING!!!

now, remained less than 4 weeks until the end of July, 4 phones, did not get update, then, every week, according to a one phone, will get the update by the end of July

maybe next week desire s get update, but, in any case, we will get update by the end of July

sorry for my bad english

Cheers

Last edited:

skim0322

Jul 4, 2011
I think there is no use in complaining.
I read also the forum for HTC One S and HTC One X looking to upgrade in the next few moths.
Boy you should see the problems the Guys over there have.
They have paid a **** load of money for high end phones that dont actually work...HTC One X has serious Wifi connection problems.
HTC One S has GPS Problems, chipping problems and on top of that they switched to S3 chip without telling that to the people buying it.
At least our good old DS is working fine.
Lets be happy for that and keep waiting.
Speaking on my behalf I ll keep my money for a few months until the crap batches of the One Series are gone and then just upgarde.

True. Others may have it worse. But that doesn't mean there's no "need" for conplaining or criticizing it. It's not like our devices were super cheap. No. They were pretty pricy when they first came out. And when we buy digital devices, after services is a must. As in, its a part of the product. And stopping and real update after within a year is just ridiculous.

tasos12

Aug 31, 2011
Patras
True. Others may have it worse. But that doesn't mean there's no "need" for conplaining or criticizing it. It's not like our devices were super cheap. No. They were pretty pricy when they first came out. And when we buy digital devices, after services is a must. As in, its a part of the product. And stopping and real update after within a year is just ridiculous.

I totaly agree with you.
However if you read more carefully you will see that I didnt say "there is no need" but "there is no use...."
What I meant was that no matter how much we complain the update will come at the same time and not sooner.

twist3rtm

Oct 29, 2009
My guess is that HTC better announced the update for late July. In that way, if the update would come sooner everybody were happy and if not at least they didn't lie. A lot of users would be quieter now.

Epic.

May 11, 2012
Just a bit of advice from an Incredible S user, don't worry, just chillax and take it easy. HTC promised you ICS, you'll get it. Have atleast that much faith in an awesome company like HTC. The ppl at Incredible S forums were getting impatient but trust me you'll get it. The coders and devs work hard at HTC and I'm sure they will release it soon. Relax. Just my 2c from a fellow HTC user.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Ziplock9000

Just a bit of advice from an Incredible S user, don't worry, just chillax and take it easy. HTC promised you ICS, you'll get it. Have atleast that much faith in an awesome company like HTC. The ppl at Incredible S forums were getting impatient but trust me you'll get it. The coders and devs work hard at HTC and I'm sure they will release it soon. Relax. Just my 2c from a fellow HTC user.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

It's still a joke that some phones that are out have Jelly Bean while we are still waiting for ICS. It's almost ludicrous when you think about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all that are interested.

1. "There is no info that HTC are dealing with bugs"
    In May there was an European RUU leak, European version, test keys. It was released here by mdeejay, and despite the fact that the developer made some cleanup and included the latest firmware it was not very well running and got issues. The kernel was not very stable to use on other ROMs as well. This was a real evidence that HTC have still quite some work to do dealing with bugs

2. "Difference between the Chinese and European release"
    Besides the language the Chinese version has zero Google integration. None. They do not use Google apps and services there. Since Sense editions for the rest of the world have deep integration with Google, and taking into account the major changes that Google made to Android and their apps recently this presumes a lot of development and testing in terms of flawless functionality.

3. "HTC bastards are not giving the Source of the Chinese OTA to the devs to work with."
    Considering the previous two points we can assume that the worldwide edition of the kernel may be slightly different. They have to release the source for the Chinese OTA, according to the GPL license. But they have no need to release the source of the other firmware that was changed. Using the kernel source standalone may cause issues as well. HTC will never release something that may not work officially. This makes them the company that they are now and the reason we all bought their device. Because it is HTC, and despite the delay they do a great work

I hope the above will explain the delay for the doubtful :)
    If not than please continue the whining in the dedicated thread that was made exactly for this purpose in the Desire S General forum: [DISCUSSION] HTC Update policy

Sent from my HTC Desire S
    Will you please stop ?
    Everyday i come here to check whether the update appeared somewhere in the world.

Instead of that i read tons of bullsh*t. You can write your emotions and impressions about HTC to your diary.

thx
    Will you all just shut up! Do all this by PM's if you must, but not here.
    I cannot believe how much you guys are complaining about HTC. There isn't another mobile company providing updates any quicker compared to them. My flagship 2011 LG P990 was promised ICS in Q2, still nothing now and zero timelines are provided. You guys have it easy. Stop crying.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app