[KERNEL] Phoenix kernel for CM7 and MIUI

Search This thread

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
My car's audio can't read the contents of my sd card.When i was using DSC Rom it can read the sd card and i can listen my mp3 files over my car audio.

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
Thanks for reply. I have exact same thing as you. I was going to flash rom again to find out the problem. I guess i dont have to. Its the kernel issue.

When i unmount the sd card the screen cap works and stor the screen shot to /data/sdcard/MIUI/screen_cap then when i mount he sd card it moves the caps to sd card.
This problem was a common problem on old roms.
Can anyone fix it?

sbdolphine

Jan 5, 2012
I'm using CM7 and It works fine.

But I experience the camera problem twice. I don't know it's the Kernel's problem or CM7's own problem which I didn't figure out it but it happens after I using the Phoenix Kernel.

This problem solve by reboot the device or just turn off the camara application and wait.

Except that this Kernel doesn't saw any problem to use. Great job _n0p_!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
n0p, can you tell me where the code is that controls if init.streak.post_boot.sh is execed on boot or not?

I assume it's somewhere in the init scripts in the ramdisk and not in the kernel itself.
CM7.2 for the venue doesnt seem to init it's equivilent (and it should, as it's nearly identical source code wise to the S5)

If it's in the ramdisk perhaps I've merely missed where it is in that.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Ok thanks, I thought so.

I'm gonna need to modify the venue ramdisk then as hPa musta turned it off when he made his changes.

msprakashmmc

Dec 6, 2011
Madurai
Hi guys, This work is really awesome on my MIUI ROM.. Great work nop & DSC team..:) But Is there anyway to make screenshot to work since i often use this feature.. So Pls fix it, if possible.. Thanks and best regards..

_n0p_

Apr 9, 2009
Kyiv
n0p.8bit.fm
You see, I personnaly don't plan to migrate to MIUI and i've no idea what is really causing this bug, so it won't be fixed (at least by me) in near future.

LittleNinja

Dec 20, 2010
Hello,
I'd to set values for CPU between 128 to 245 mhz, something like 160 and 192.
Values are set with 6 digits (128000, 245760, etc...), so how can i set correct values for 160 and 192 ? 160000 and 192000 ?
JB

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
Sergei the phoenix kernel with hpa patch crashes the wifi and it sets the cpu frequency to 1.3 Ghz by default.

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
sinan33, which exact kernel and ROM have you flashed?

Sergei, i flashed and tested both of the kernels,the patchless one works perfect except screen shot function.The kernel with hpa's patch breaks the wifi it doesn't turn on and it's defaukt cpu setting value is 1.3 Ghz.I am using miui 2.3.23.
Ps: 2bad4u told that if you integrate the kernel to the Rom,screen shot function works already.

Edrill

Nov 16, 2010
Anyone have a problem of not being able to hear people speaking while using the handset?! The headset and the phone speaker work fine. The first few seconds of the call, I can hear the person on the other side albeit with a lot of breaking up, and then it goes silent. I switch to the phone speaker or plugin my headset and I can hear them fine.

I first started seeing this problem after I flashed the Phoenix kernel on MIUI 2.3.23. Thinking it might be something to do with that, I flashed the original MIUI zip file again, but the problem still persisted. After that, I decided to go back to CM7. Deleted caches, factory resetted, etc. and I still have the same problem with CM7 too! Tried CM7 with and without the Phoenix kernel without any change. Anything else I could try here?

nitin1978

Mar 30, 2009
New Delhi
hey nop, i integrate the Phoenix kernel for miui in miui rom, everything is working except the wifi, wifi and wifi tethering showing error, with the same kernel. however its working good if upgraded to previous kernel.

Last edited:

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
hey nop, i integrate the Phoenix kernel for miui in miui rom, everything is working except the wifi, wifi and wifi tethering showing error, with the same kernel. however its working good if upgraded to previous kernel.

Try the kernel that doesn't include hPA's patch,it works without any issue.2bad4u integrated it to 2.3.23 and i flashed the ROM.Everything works fast,stable and smooth, except video recorder; i solve video recorder issue by editing the build.prop.
Now,the ROM runs very smooth and issueless.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

And LordMorphous made a framework correction file for the automatic brightness-custom settings issue,he released it under CM7 thread.

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
@nop
Miui with phoenix kernel,now connects to my car audio and i can listen music from my DS 5.So usb automount works perfect.Thank you nop and the dsc team; you are the men!

Top Liked Posts