[Guide] At&t Note 3 Sim Unlock

Search This thread

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
The only options for post MI9 firmware is to request an unlock from AT&T or buy one online.

cellunlocker.net is reputable.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I don't have a "foreign" SIM to test it with (don't have access to one that's not large size and everyone around here is on AT&T), but I think if you dial *#0011# and get NETWORK: UNBLOCK it's unlocked. This was done on an NC2 ROM (4.4.2).

Last edited:

tionnesantos

Jul 20, 2014
This did not work on my AT&T note 3.
I used cell unlocked.net paid $19.99 and they sent me the code. It took 2 days. Now I use my note 3 with Tmobile! No problems everything works 4g LTE and mms!

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I tried an MI9 modem and unlocking. I still don't know if the phone is unlocked, but I did manage to kill the GPS to the point that I had to do the *#9090# fix.
@tionnesantos:
It's not the money, it's the challenge. I've been playing with computers since you designed and wire-wrapped your own, and I like playing with the one in the Note 3 too. (It's not as easy as an 8080 with a whole K of RAM, but it's still fun.)

Last edited:

comeback4you

Sep 5, 2013
Thanx Its Working Perfectly

:)
I bought two At&t Note 3s yesterday. One for me and one for a friend. I'm on At&t and my friend is on MetroPCS. I called At&t for an unlock and they couldnt get me a code, even though one was paid in full price and "qualified" to get unlocked according to them. So this is how I got the phones unlocked.

Reminder: I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your phone. Proceed at your own risk!

Root is Required!

1. To root your At&t Note 3 follow this guide (Thank You designgears!)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474422

2. You will need to allow unknown sources to be installed.
Settings>General>Security>Unknown Sources (Make sure its checked)

3. Install Chainfire's RegionLock Away App from Google Play Store (and buy him a beer :highfive:) or download it from here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470551

4. Tap "Region Unlock" in the app

5. Let it do its thing

6. Choose Reboot Later (Thats what I did at least)

7. Turn off the phone and try a non-At&t sim card.

I tried my old T-mobile sim in mine and it pulled up, and we just got back from the MetroPCS store and have his running on that.
Thankyou bro..........

1sagain

Aug 13, 2008
Vancouver, BC
My friends unlocked their Note 3's from Cellunlocker.net to unlock the phone without any issues and they are pretty happy.

I had the misfortune of trying out unlockerhub and getting a huge run about and in the end losing my money...

My friends are rubbing it in my face...

Good luck to you all trying to unlock your phones.

uofmrapper

Oct 22, 2008
Reputable eBay seller

I was tired of the run around AT&T was giving me so I purchased an unlock code from eBay from seller oleksandr_onufriy (sorry, can't post links yet) after reviewing his feedback and it seemed legit. It was only $2.00 so I was HIGHLY skeptical but was willing to forgo my IMEI in case the seller was going to steal it or something so I took the risk. Received the code in 48 hours and it was the correct unlock code. I actually received the unlock code from AT&T customer service an hour after purchasing the one off eBay :rolleyes:, and the one he sent was the same one AT&T gave me. Just another alternative to the $20 services out there.

Reactions: henrique.h12

Hoyt Thompson

Jan 18, 2009
I was tired of the run around AT&T was giving me so I purchased an unlock code from eBay from seller oleksandr_onufriy (sorry, can't post links yet) after reviewing his feedback and it seemed legit. It was only $2.00 so I was HIGHLY skeptical but was willing to forgo my IMEI in case the seller was going to steal it or something so I took the risk. Received the code in 48 hours and it was the correct unlock code. I actually received the unlock code from AT&T customer service an hour after purchasing the one off eBay :rolleyes:, and the one he sent was the same one AT&T gave me. Just another alternative to the $20 services out there.

Just bought one on your suggestion, we will see how well this goes. Hey worse case scenario, I am out 2 dollars.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
Real necropost (considering when this thread started), but:

NC2 modem. Region Unlock worked - the phone is now unlocked ... but

I'm now only getting EDGE data, no LTE. All the settings are correct for LTE, but no LTE. I tried flashing different modems, even went from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4, and still only getting EDGE data (E instead of 4/LTE).

Any of you people out there know more about how to fix this than I do? I've been trying for days with all kinds of settings and all different modems, but all I can get is GPRS that never connects, EDGE or no data.

Thanks in advance.

bswright

Oct 2, 2010
Indianapolis
Same here^^^. Got everything unlocked and working on MetroPCS. Only thing is I only get EDGE as well. Have not flashed or upgraded rom or modem since initial rooting. I have tried things in the hidden menu but only get 4G for a second or two before dropping to EDGE. Any suggestions would help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
Same here^^^. Got everything unlocked and working on MetroPCS. Only thing is I only get EDGE as well. Have not flashed or upgraded rom or modem since initial rooting. I have tried things in the hidden menu but only get 4G for a second or two before dropping to EDGE. Any suggestions would help.
I don't think anything but a motherboard replacement is going to help at this time. I don't have the source code for the app and the phone, but running it on a 900A on KK seems to cause a permanent problem.

macasus76

Jan 25, 2012
Saint Louis Mo
I don't have a "foreign" SIM to test it with (don't have access to one that's not large size and everyone around here is on AT&T), but I think if you dial *#0011# and get NETWORK: UNBLOCK it's unlocked. This was done on an NC2 ROM (4.4.2).

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but if you dial *#0011# and see network:unblock, it does NOT mean your phone is unlocked. Just so people know......

Just my 2 cents, but AT&t now has a website, Request to Unlock an AT&T Wireless Phone or Tablet https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/ I personally unlocked Galaxy S3 and S4 and a Galaxy Mega from site for FREE. They did send me the unlock code for each one.

Attachments

• att.png
    att.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 648

JDMSteven

Sep 2, 2015
Bought an N900A from ebay and tried to unlock from att, they said the device has a debt and cant unlock it. Should I buy a code or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought two At&t Note 3s yesterday. One for me and one for a friend. I'm on At&t and my friend is on MetroPCS. I called At&t for an unlock and they couldnt get me a code, even though one was paid in full price and "qualified" to get unlocked according to them. So this is how I got the phones unlocked.

Reminder: I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your phone. Proceed at your own risk!

Root is Required!

3. Install Chainfire's RegionLock Away App from Google Play Store (and buy him a beer :highfive:) or download it from here.

5. Let it do its thing

I tried my old T-mobile sim in mine and it pulled up, and we just got back from the MetroPCS store and have his running on that.

Root is Required!

5. Let it do its thing

Wow thanks it work never thought it would work like magic
    3 questions

how do 3rd party generate/supply unlock codes for peeps like us, are these 1 time use codes, or can they be shared?

I want to pay to unlock tomorrow and join t-mobile, who/which website is latest on the xda trustworthy list?

To answer 1 of your questions....

The unlock code is verified by the handset and is generated by the manufacturer, typically by an algorithm such as a one way*hash*or trapdoor function. Sometimes big telecom providers change the original factory unlock codes as an extra layer of security against unlocking services. For various big brands such as Samsung and Motorola there is no algorithm but just a random code generator where the unlock codes are programmed in the phone itself and then saved in a big database managed by the manufacturer. For the other brands where the unlock codes are still based on algorithms those are based on the*IMEI*number and the*MCC*code and have been*reverse-engineered, stolen or leaked. Some handsets can be unlocked using software that generates an unlock code from an IMEI number and country and operator details using the algorithm specific to the handset. Other manufacturers have taken a more cautious approach, and embed a random*number in the handset's*firmware that is retained by the network on whose behalf the lock was applied and the manufacturer. These handsets can still be unlocked by online services that have access to either inside people with the manufacturer or with the telecom networks, or they need to be connected to the computer with a cable where specific software will bypass the security and SIM-unlock the phone. Sometimes this is done by advanced calculations to bypass the security the official way and other times using exploits or overwriting parts of the firmware where the lock status is kept, and often even recover a phone that is*bricked*or completely damaged in the software sense.
    can mj5 4.3 sim unlock? i brought att phone with mj5 and 4.3

I'm in the same boat. I got an AT&T N900A and it's on MJ5 running 4.3. I tried using the method in this forum but the sim unlock still pops up when I reboot the phone. Any free methods that work?

Same! I got an AT&T N900A and it's on MJ5 running 4.3. I'm trying to find out a "free" way to do a sim unlock so that i can use my T-mobile SIM card. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is possible, and if so, point me in the right direction?

thanks!

From oldest to newest:
    ... MI9 -> MJ5 <-> NB4 -> NC2 (Kitkat)
    RegionUnlock tool only works on MI9 or older.

If you are on MJ5, no there is no way to go back to MI9 or older.
    There is no way to unlock for free with this tool. Stop wasting your time.

I got mine unlocked through AT&T after several attempts. My HTC One was unlocked but after several replacements they sent me Note 3. I had to argue that the phone I returned was a unlocked phone, so this Note3 should also be unlocked. They escalated the case and after a week or so I got my unlock code.

Seriously, this forum needs some kind of a wiki page on beginning of the thread so that anyone can edit vital information. Otherwise OP it's all up to OP to update his post with these info.
    Sim unlock

It worked on 2 Note 3 - so far, thanks!!! 2 of 2..... Woot Woot.