What ROM am I running?

Search This thread

Ivrim

May 20, 2014
Hello first post here and i'm still a bit of an Android noob so here is a dumb question, I have just rooted my HTC One M8 using TheUnlockr All in One Kit method and my question is what ROM am I running? (I would link but new here) When you Root a phone does there have to be a custom ROM installed to have SuperSu on the phone, or is that all rooting is, just installing a custom recovery and installing SuperSu. For me the phone seems like it is just running the stock Sense ROM but I have been looking into flashing Cyanogen mod, and I want to know what I am currently using in case I want to get rid of Cyanogen. Sorry if this is confusing and stupid but yea. Thanks!

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
You should still be running stock ROM

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Ivrim

Ivrim

May 20, 2014
Oh okay, so if this is the case shouldn't I be able to unroot, install the OTA update and then reroot or is this a no no?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

VolcanicSkunk

Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
You would probably have to relock your bootloader to update. Just wait for fenny to update his Stock+ rom in the development section. It'll have the OTA update baked in. Then you don't have to worry about unrooting and re-rooting.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Reactions: Ivrim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should still be running stock ROM

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    You would probably have to relock your bootloader to update. Just wait for fenny to update his Stock+ rom in the development section. It'll have the OTA update baked in. Then you don't have to worry about unrooting and re-rooting.

Sent from my HTC One M8