Best site to buy Skyrocket Unlock Code?

Search This thread

shnn2011

Nov 25, 2011
Houston
He's blowin smoke. On skyrocket the unlock code is stored in EFS partition (not the /efs mount point, but mmcblk0p18 and 19 partitions) and these partitions are encrypted. Only the radio code can read it via a decodeEfs() call. It's is not as simple as reading a raw hex value or it would have been done long ago.

Most likely its not even the unlock code that is stored there but rather an md5 hash of the code plus the imei to compare when the 8 digit code is entered by the user.

I don't know, I mean it was in plain text on m Galaxy Mini.
You may be right though, I have not tried to unlock my T989 yet. Almost the same phone.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

He's blowin smoke. On skyrocket the unlock code is stored in EFS partition (not the /efs mount point, but mmcblk0p18 and 19 partitions) and these partitions are encrypted. Only the radio code can read it via a decodeEfs() call. It's is not as simple as reading a raw hex value or it would have been done long ago.

Most likely its not even the unlock code that is stored there but rather an md5 hash of the code plus the imei to compare when the 8 digit code is entered by the user.

It may be easy to simply over right the hash with the hash of a known string. example 000000000000 or something like that then type that in to unlock it.

It honestly cant be all that hard.

They even sell boxes in China for under 300 dollars that do this and even program "repair" IMEI codes on all Samsung devices.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

dont think so, Lock codes are IMEI specific and unique to each phone.

They are IMEI specific among other things, but how does your phone know you got the right code? It is checked against the phones internal memory.

quickfixguru

Dec 26, 2010
Oviedo
I used cellunlocker.net to unlock both of my Skyrockets. They also unlocked my Galaxy Note. No problems any of the 3 times I used them.

There's a reason they are the best site online.

Reactions: shnn2011

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Cheapest unlock imo

I read that allot of people have paid over $30-40 to unlock there phone. Just because one guy put up a site that he recommended. Well I don't just jump at the first site I'm offered. Because I know always someone else doing it for less. Just trying to help some of us that need there phone unlocked for what ever reason!
Its only $10 when I use 5off, in the coupon box. Hope that helps anyone looking to unlock there phone for less then some have already paid on this thread..

http://www.unlocktotalk.com/SamsungUnlockCode.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-10-10-02-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-10-10-02-35.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Reactions: PPlayer

PPlayer

Oct 15, 2009
I read that allot of people have paid over $30-40 to unlock there phone. Just because one guy put up a site that he recommended. Well I don't just jump at the first site I'm offered. Because I know always someone else doing it for less. Just trying to help some of us that need there phone unlocked for what ever reason!
Its only $10 when I use 5off, in the coupon box. Hope that helps anyone looking to unlock there phone for less then some have already paid on this thread..

http://www.unlocktotalk.com/SamsungUnlockCode.php

Thank you. Just ordered. See when it comes and if it works...

[Edit] I have just got immediate response that the unlock code for my IMEI is not available. But they said "If you have a Samsung phone we can get the code in less than 24 hours for $20 more. If you would like to pay the additional $20 you may do so on this page: http://www.unlocktotalk.com/Upgrade.php". A bit confuse so I request refund!

[Edit 2] Finally I choose this guy on eBay. Extremely satisfied! Only take me 10 minutes from the time I purchased from eBay to the time my phone unlocked!

Firstly I was a bit afraid about the USB way of unlocking. But I have decided to tried because he got so many positive feedbacks on ebay. Don't be afraid! It's not only cheaper but almost instantly compare to the unlock by code. Will go with this guy again when I upgrade to SGSIII.

Last edited:
Reactions: zefie

zefie

Dec 30, 2007
Upstate NY
the.midnightchannel.net
[Edit 2] Finally I choose this guy on eBay. Extremely satisfied! Only take me 10 minutes from the time I purchased from eBay to the time my phone unlocked!

Firstly I was a bit afraid about the USB way of unlocking. But I have decided to tried because he got so many positive feedbacks on ebay. Don't be afraid! It's not only cheaper but almost instantly compare to the unlock by code. Will go with this guy again when I upgrade to SGSIII.

Heh, I forgot to record the process for a free credit, but it was so quick that by the time I realized I wasn't recording it, it was over... Unlock worked great, t-mo prepaid card working.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Thank you. Just ordered. See when it comes and if it works...

[Edit] I have just got immediate response that the unlock code for my IMEI is not available. But they said "If you have a Samsung phone we can get the code in less than 24 hours for $20 more. If you would like to pay the additional $20 you may do so on this page: http://www.unlocktotalk.com/Upgrade.php". A bit confuse so I request refund!

Sorry to here you had that problem. Never happened to me on that site. :(But ya never know. Sounds like someone was trying to get some more money.
But glad you got your phone unlocked. :laugh:

easygoinge

Sep 26, 2012
Yupp its a pretty awesome and unique process huh? AND its the cheapest out there that actually works, still waiting for my refund from cellunlocknow.com, pieces of garbage scammers lol. Anyways ya i really recommend the ebay program as long as you know how to follow directions

Send some "thanks" my way if you end up using the program and it worked out for you. That keeps everyone helpful juices flowing :D

Hello, this is my first post! But I have been reading tons on these forums, very impressive. Thanks for all the tips!!

I have now unlocked my phone using the ebay website, pretty nifty! I have to say I wish there was a way to do it for free, but it seems that it is not possible. I tried using many different apps, but to no avail! (learned a ton in the process)

Phone: SHG-I727R (Rogers).

Last edited:

erykz

Nov 12, 2011
Montreal
-----------------
How do I know my Phone's Network is Fully Unlocked?
Go to the dial screen on your phone, and press *#7465625#

A menu will be displayed that will resemble the following...

1. [ ] Network lock
2. [ ] Subset lock
3. [ ] SP lock

If everything if OFF, then your phone is fully unlocked.
-------------------

Is that true?

I was reading this thread and dialed *#7465625# to see what's happen and i've got this
Network Lock [OFF]
Network Subset Lock [OFF]
SP Lock [OFF]
CP Lock [OFF]

Does it mean that my phone is unlocked?
I never unlocked my phone..I rooted my phone when I bought it (brand new) but that's it.

thanks

Last edited:

trinikartel

Jun 20, 2010
Orlando
tried cell-unlock-now (billed as theunlockdepot) for $5.99 and they said that they couldn't find the code in the database (i'm awaiting refund).

tried cellunlock.net after reading this forum and used the android50 coupon and got my unlock code successfully. Ordered last night, got it this morning. I'd recommend these guys.

droidbabyxda

Jun 27, 2011
Youngstown Ohio
Can I still unlock my,AT&T phone outside US? I don't have any other sim than ATT and I was planning in taking my phone with me for a trip to Asia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

jyazzie110

Jul 21, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Can I still unlock my,AT&T phone outside US? I don't have any other sim than ATT and I was planning in taking my phone with me for a trip to Asia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Just get the unlock code and wen u go to Asia put a different sim in the phone and enter the unlock code

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Those requesting skyrocket unlock, Please BACKUP ALL OF YOUR DATA AND APPS ON THE PHONE because on some firmware, the phone is doing a FULL FACTORY RESET after unlock by my method.

Thanks
    Here http://www.cellunlocker.net/ number 1 cellphone unlock site
    i know many guys here are scared of unlocking there skyrocket via usb method. but i promise you my method leaves your efs area intact, you can ask the guys who bought the service from me. very nice and easy, plus cheap :)

**Please try as much to be on a stock rom as I have some problems custom Roms
    katchman unlocked my skyrocket. it involved installing teamviewer and tunneling usb port over it. once connected - it was pretty fast.

you are welcome ;)
    So this actually worked?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

I can verify this does work, this is a discount price get it while its hot.

Yupp its a pretty awesome and unique process huh? AND its the cheapest out there that actually works, still waiting for my refund from cellunlocknow.com, pieces of garbage scammers lol. Anyways ya i really recommend the ebay program as long as you know how to follow directions

Send some "thanks" my way if you end up using the program and it worked out for you. That keeps everyone helpful juices flowing :D