kovalDN

Jan 20, 2007
Belgorod
Thanks

HTC HD2 work fine:good:
1.jpg2.jpg

Thank you very much!!!

The Question:
"qualcomm_usbfn.dll" - original file (HTC) or changed?

Last edited:

Heathcliff74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2010
Nice ! This is awsome... Congrads on this great find !

Questions...

1. I'm running a custom rom currently, is it possable to add this with out rebuilding a rom and re-flashing ?

Nope. Packages need to be cooked into the ROM.

2. Is it possable to use a HTC (touch pro/TP2) Video out cable (with an adapter to make it to Mini USB)to connect to a TV or projector with this ?

Nope. This is a custom protocol. And it is a digital signal, not analogue. This can only be used to view on PC with the desktop-software in the package. You can, of course, connect the PC to a beamer or television to view the output on bigger screens.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74

Havenger

Dec 8, 2010
I have a Problem on my HD7 ( with custom ROM ) : I have added all needed Files, but I cant see after flashing a Tile named "USB Video Out" - what i did wrong ?

Havenger

Dec 8, 2010
What do you mean with sif/sof ? I never heared this ;) ... But I have an Idea, why there not work : Im using the 8107 ( there is an hd7s Rom, but working without Problems on a normal hd7 ) ...

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
What do you mean with sif/sof ? I never heared this...normal hd7
Dude, you're happy guy! I also would be happy to know nothing about this stuff from hell :) But....
cees, if the guy does not know what you mean - normally these packages will be cooked-in after all defined in ... hmmm... :) goddamn cif and sof... So it should work anyway because the library will be replaced on assembling.....
So it seems like this is different issue.... But of course I did not try that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceesheim

Havenger

Dec 8, 2010
Is it possible, that the patched Driver for the first Generation is not working ?

If the Answer is no, then I will remove this "Feature" from my custom ROM - WP8 will have Remote Desktop Support ...

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Dude, you're happy guy! I also would be happy to know nothing about this stuff from hell :) But....
cees, if the guy does not know what you mean - normally these packages will be cooked-in after all defined in ... hmmm... :) goddamn cif and sof... So it should work anyway because the library will be replaced on assembling.....
So it seems like this is different issue.... But of course I did not try that.

man I just love you :D

no nothing to say more to this :D

Reactions: AndrewSh

Omnia7xdax

Jul 29, 2011
Orsfeld
Sry guys im no rom cooker,but my question now is,is it possible to update it via cab,or do i have to flash again a new rom,loose and reinstall all apps and so on?
Nice answer would be great,and yes i´ve read teh rest of this thread where sb else asked for this possibility ;)

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
Sry guys im no rom cooker,but my question now is,is it possible to update it via cab,or do i have to flash again a new rom,loose and reinstall all apps and so on?
Nice answer would be great,and yes i´ve read teh rest of this thread where sb else asked for this possibility ;)

when you resigned the modded driver with your own cert then yes you could update that package (you would need to make an cab.pkg )

but why would you update it ? the patched driver works

Omnia7xdax

Jul 29, 2011
Orsfeld
ATM mirolgs rom is running on my o7,but i am not in the mode to reflash it when mirolg in feautre brings out a new version of his rom ,so i want to install this all if possible via cab or via creating/editing/copying and so on via a root manager or how ever on the momentanous rom,do you understand my question now?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@titi66200: That doesn't make sense; OEM firmware updates and WP7 OS updates are both delivered by CAB, and they can modify ROM Modules just fine. I'm pretty sure they can add them, too...

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
yes you can imageupdate modules , you can't update modules that are in a div package signed with a div sert

thus you can't imageupdate the patched module.

the only phone that can be updated is samsung becouse it don't need patched drivers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Phone 7 USB Video
    -------------------------

Released by: XDA Dev Team
    -------------------------

With the software in this release it is possible to add functionality to a custom ROM that allows to switch the USB-port of a Windows Phone 7 device to Video Out and back to normal Zune sync. The desktop software can be used to display the video of Windows Phone 7 device on a PC. This also works for XNA software, so this allows to make full-size screen-captures of games too, by pressing "Prnt Scrn" while showing the video output on a PC. The desktop-software can also be used for demonstrations and presentations of Windows Phone 7 content.

Note:
    When connected to the PC in Video Out mode you CAN'T sync any content to the phone or push apps to the phone. It will not show up in the Zune Client when in Video Out mode and you will NOT get Internet connection pass through either. An automatic reboot is required after every time you switch the phone from Video to Default mode or vice-versa.

Note:
    The app that switches USB to Video Out on the phone also changes a registry setting that will slowdown the refresh-rate on the phone. That setting is restored when the USB profile is restored. If the setting would be left as it is by default, the USB traffic will be overloaded, which will result in much more lag, than a lowered refresh-rate. So, when the device is rebooted after changing USB to Video Out, be prepared to get a less smooth experience on the device. After changing USB back to normal, the device will respond as usual.

Requirements to show USB Video out on a PC

• WP7 USB Video Out.rar https://hotfile.com/dl/169342947/0b8b7e7/WP7_USB_Video_Out.rar.html
    • Proper drivers on your phone.
    • HTC phones need a patched Qualcomm driver, because HTC has prevented the Video Out driver from running. The patched driver for 1st generation HTC's and for 2nd genration HTC's are included in this release. This patched driver needs to be added to the custom ROM.
    • Client Application on your PC.
    • Custom USB Driver manually installed on your PC (only tested on x86).
    • A High Speed USB Cable. Do not use over 10' cable or a USB extension cable. Extenders, even powered ones won't work. You must be directly connected to the PC with your 10' or shorter USB Cable.
    • Specifically for USB Micro we have only found this cable to work and thankfully it is very inexpensive. Use of any other USB Micro cable longer than 3 feet is not recommended and will most likely lead to demo failure.
    • Disable your PC's screen timeout. No Screensaver, etc.
    Note:
    The desktop drivers are not signed. That means that there will be issues running this on Windows x64. The get this running read instructions from Solution 2 here:
    http://www.techspot.com/community/t...signed-drivers-in-windows-vista-7-x64.127187/

Cooking

• Put "PkgSetting_USB2VIDEO" in your kitchen.
    • Put "PkgSetting_USB2VIDEO_HTCDriverfix_1stGen" only in your kitchen for 1stGen HTC.
    • Put "PkgSetting_USB2VIDEO_HTCDriverfix_2ndGen" only in your kitchen for 2ndGen HTC.

Enabling USB video out on the phone (ON THE PHONE)

• From Start Menu swipe over to the application list and run "USB Video Out"
    • Answer Yes to enable USB Video out. This is a toggle.
    • When the phone boots up it is in Zune Mode which enables it to sync data with Zune Client software on the PC. You will need to toggle this to Video mode using the above steps to get video out.
    • Note: Toggling between Zune mode and Video mode requires the phone to reboot each time.

Setting up driver on the desktop (one time)

• Make sure Zune is not running.
    • Your Phone must be flashed with a ROM that has video out bits on it, they must be enabled, and the phone must be on and plugged into your PC to continue. When the phone boots up the default setting is OFF for the video output.
    • Start -> Right click on Computer, select Manage
    • In "Computer Management" click on the Device Manager
    • Under "Other Devices"
    • Within the list of drivers Right Click on WM7VIDSTREAM driver, select "Update Driver Software..."
    • Choose Browse and point Windows to appropriate driver folder.
    • Approve the Unsigned Driver installation.

Starting application

• Launch VidStream.exe.
    • This application does support disconnect & reconnecting of the phone's USB cable.
    • If a previous instance of VidStream.exe was running with the device connected, you will need to simply unplug and replug the phone's USB cable.
    • Press ESC to exit the PC Client application.

Re-enabling MTPz USB sync (Zune Mode)

• Open "USB Video Out"
    • Answer Yes to enable MTPz
    • The device will reboot to make the changes effective.
    We did it! :laugh: :highfive:
    :victory: enjoy
    Hats off to my buddies from XDA Dev Team!
    Thx, Good job:good: