HP slate 7 extreme a plain tegra note?

Search This thread

rwcasto

Aug 21, 2010
New River, AZ
GOT IT! FINALLY, after many trials and errors... I am on 4.4.2 with the latest TWRP - MANY THANKS for your HELP!

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Just remove the lines that have any "olive" reference. the line you want to leave. Your first line in the script is
this:
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");

afterwards if you have CWM it will ask you two questions about flashing recovery and do you want to root- answer NO to these questions and reboot. it will fail to boot- then manually boot into the boot loader and select the recovery kernel and flash your ship on your SDCard that has been unmodified. follow prompts and you are good to go. Once you get there check for system updates and flash them as well. Then follow this guide for root. http://xdaforums.com/nvidia-tegra-note-7/help/root-4-4-2-hp-slate-7-extreme-t2850893

peyups03

Oct 22, 2016
help with ROM install

Hi there,

Need desperate help. I followed the instructions here but ended up with no OS in the s7e. I kept on trying to install a signed ROM via ADB, it reaches 100% sending but always failed inside TWRP. Not succesful even with CWM. I even tried installing from SD card but no success. Please help, thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting Slate 7 Extreme

Ok, so I played around with the Tegra Note tools and figured I'd be happy with root on 4.2.2 as it allows me to use link 2 sd to move apps to my sd card. What tripped me up was the vendor id for fastboot. I understood that I'd have to type it out with the unlock command but I just kept punching in 'fastboot devices' to check if the tablet was being detected by fastboot... obviously not the way to go. Hopefully this brief summary of what I did can be helpful to someone else:

1. Download Nvidia Tegra Note 7 Super Tool 2.2
    2. While your tablet is off, enter fastboot by pressing volume up + power, you'll see a couple options here - press volume down once and then the power button to select fastboot protocol.
    3. Get your usb cable and plug the tablet into your pc.
    4. Run the impactor program included in the super tools bundle. Select 'driver scan' from the USB menu, this will load fastboot drivers for your tablet.
    5. Start up a command prompt and move it over to the super tool directory
    6. Make sure your tablet is seen by the pc by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 devices"
    7. Unlock the bootloader by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 oem unlock" you'll be warned that this voids your warranty, also you'll wipe anything currently installed on the tablet
    8. Install CWM recovery by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 flash recovery Bat-CWM-Recovery.img"
    9. Remove the usb cable and reboot (this is what I did, you can actually just use the command "fastboot -i 0x03F0 reboot")
    10. Configure your freshly wiped device, reattach it to your pc with the usb cable and mount internal storage
    11. Copy "SuperSU-v1.94.zip" from your tegra super tool folder over to internal storage
    12. Turn off your tablet and re-enter fastboot by pressing volume up + power
    13. Select recovery, you'll be in CWM. Select install zip from sd card, internal files will be shown so install the SuperSU zip you copied into internal storage earlier.
    14. Reboot and you'll have root.

Hope this makes sense, I haven't had any problems with this setup and being able to move apps to the sd card is great.
    cool. What do you mean by locking up a lot? it often hang and jam? . So i guess, staying at 4.2.2 is the best for now?

It will work fine for up to about 10 minutes, then the screen will freeze and the only way to get it back is to hold the power down for 10 seconds and reboot it.

I am back on 4.2.2 right now, but when I have some extra time I might try a few things.
    Hi @duocdx.bt good tutotial :D in

9. Remove the usb cable and reboot

you can reboot with this command:

fastboot -i 0x03F0 reboot

:good:

Ok, so I played around with the Tegra Note tools and figured I'd be happy with root on 4.2.2 as it allows me to use link 2 sd to move apps to my sd card. What tripped me up was the vendor id for fastboot. I understood that I'd have to type it out with the unlock command but I just kept punching in 'fastboot devices' to check if the tablet was being detected by fastboot... obviously not the way to go. Hopefully this brief summary of what I did can be helpful to someone else:

1. Download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627654
    2. While your tablet is off, enter fastboot by pressing volume up + power, you'll see a couple options here - press volume down once and then the power button to select fastboot protocol.
    3. Get your usb cable and plug the tablet into your pc.
    4. Run the impactor program included in the super tools bundle. Select 'driver scan' from the USB menu, this will load fastboot drivers for your tablet.
    5. Start up a command prompt and move it over to the super tool directory
    6. Make sure your tablet is seen by the pc by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 devices"
    7. Unlock the bootloader by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 oem unlock" you'll be warned that this voids your warranty, also you'll wipe anything currently installed on the tablet
    8. Install CWM recovery by typing "fastboot -i 0x03F0 flash recovery Bat-CWM-Recovery.img"
    9. Remove the usb cable and reboot
    10. Configure your freshly wiped device, reattach it to your pc with the usb cable and mount internal storage
    11. Copy "SuperSU-v1.94.zip" from your tegra super tool folder over to internal storage
    12. Turn off your tablet and re-enter fastboot by pressing volume up + power
    13. Select recovery, you'll be in CWM. Select install zip from sd card, internal files will be shown so install the SuperSU zip you copied into internal storage earlier.
    14. Reboot and you'll have root.

Hope this makes sense, I haven't had any problems with this setup and being able to move apps to the sd card is great.
    I'm sorry I meant I wanted to root 4.4.2

Ah! Same question from me then. How can we root stock 4.4.2 on the Asus Slate 7 extreme?

This worked for me: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541784
    I followed method #1 for 4.2, it worked for me on my EVGA Tegra Note on 4.4.2.
    The link for root_tn7.img is broken though, this is the correct link: https://github.com/linux-shield/shield-root/blob/master/root_tn7.img?raw=true

You do need to unlock the boot loader first by following the instructions at the top.

Or you could use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627654. It's Windows only however.
    Just make sure to install drivers a second time, after rebooting to the boot loader.
    Update; I got the bootloader unlocked but I can't get the recovery to work. It says that it installed sucessfully but when I try to boot into it all I get is the broken android picture.

I just linked a method to root your tablet, the recovery has to be flashed separately.
    What recovery did you flash? I recommend TWRP: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586432